Dareus unhappy with Bills in contract talks (update:He's ok)

YoloinOhio

Weren't they saying that Haynesworth was a generational talent? I love MD when he's playing at his best, but I'm not convinced that he will stay focused when he gets the big bucks. I hope I'm wrong.

Yup. And if we give him $100m and he decides he doesn't like his role in the scheme or gets bored of football or gets in trouble we may regret it. But man is he good at football.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarcasm -- plain and simple.

my issue with the media is they often post things in haste, get it wrong, then issue a retraction or correction.

Is it wrong to expect them to get it right the first time? To give unbiased reports?

To quote your favorite president: There he goes again.

"THE MEDIA" he says.

every beat writer

every broadcaster

every columnist

every blogger

They all are hasty, inaccurate, biased.

Which is, of course, in stark contrast to the fans who post their ramblings on twobillsdrive.com.

Ok, sure.

On to the next. He is not the fsce of that D line. Nor is he the most disruptive. He is a great young talent. But he never had any allegiance. He is going to chase the money like many of us knew. He isnt keen on Buffalo. He is keen on whoever will pay him money. He retracts his statement for 2 reasons. He doesnt want the community backlash. And he doesnt want to be ostracized from the team. 16+games lined up next to men that helped make your career, wont be smooth when you have told them that this is gonna be your last year here. How about you not do us the favor of signing the franchise paperwork. Big deal. Sign the friggin 90+ mil contract. Gerald McCoy was not worth the money. And im not willing to go the way of the dolphins and dump 200 mil into a QBand DT. And be scarce on funds for the rest of the team.i want him back but i wont lose a smidge of sleep. I would be way more bummed had we lost Hughes or Mario. There are other DTs on the team. Corbin plays well. And college has a few guys we dont know yet. If this negotiation blows up i would love to do a scouting thread for the next man up

This whole post is silly

To quote your favorite president: There he goes again.

"THE MEDIA" he says.

every beat writer

every broadcaster

every columnist

every blogger

They all are hasty, inaccurate, biased.

Which is, of course, in stark contrast to the fans who post their ramblings on twobillsdrive.com.

Ok, sure.

biased? Did I say that? or did I run with the concept of what the previous poster wrote?

There are few media people out there who impress me. IF everything they posted about EJ was true the kid would not be on this team!

Is that not a rational concept? Not even Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers puts every pass perfectly on target. To the people who think EJ showed major inaccuracies in both preseason games I suggest you get glasses.

How/why is "the media" one thing/person?

This latest meanie Buffalo sportswriter B word-fest is about one particular writer who wrote a weak column.

But "THE MEDIA" is telling lies? Good grief, cue the boogey-man music.

again often "the people in media" rush to get the news out first and in that haste they often report things that are not true.

or they post what gets a reaction.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I wonder why MD didn't practice last night. They said he was fine but he just watched in shorts. Hopefully he still got ice cream.

Bet it was a rest day and also bet they were starting to do some stuff for Indy ....since he is not going to be playing makes sense to keep him out.

You take Marcel out of that D line and it looks drastically different.....I have NO doubt of that

but

I do understand a reluctance to back the brink truck up a bit on Marcel........does he lose his competative fire after getting paid based on what we have seen from him thus far off the field?

Maybe playing on the franchise tag for a year might actually be a GOOD thing......I honestly do not think it will come to that. Marcel will get his money and I hope he continues to improve every year.

At the end of the day, he said he's "open" to playing under the tag in 2016. So I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is here. He said as well that he wants to be part of the team. So either a deal gets done and he plays or it doesn't and he still plays under the tag. Win-win for Buffalo.

At the end of the day, he said he's "open" to playing under the tag in 2016. So I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is here. He said as well that he wants to be part of the team. So either a deal gets done and he plays or it doesn't and he still plays under the tag. Win-win for Buffalo.

there isn't .

The media is winding up the fan base to collect clicks.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Sounds like this deal will work it's self out over the next two weeks. Sounds like Dareus wants an McCoy type deal that Tampa handed out. Sounds like the Bills want to play around that number but Dareus wants a little more. Most likely they will split the difference and iron out a deal. The player is too important and NFL players like to take the guaranteed money and run.

Edited by billsfan89

Bet it was a rest day and also bet they were starting to do some stuff for Indy ....since he is not going to be playing makes sense to keep him out.

If that is the case would be interesting to know who was in for him? Corbin Bryant was ahead of the field according to Rex - presume that is still the case.

In the short time he's been back in Buffalo, Tyler Dunne's given ample proof that he'd be well qualified to take Sully's columnist job.

Now all we just need Uncle Warren to launch another round of buyouts of the 'high priced talent.' Fingers crossed...