Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhhh! You're destroying the standard myth that a QB who runs must get killed, uh, because he's a QB I guess.

Tyrod is a good bit bigger than Thurman Thomas. I recall Thurman running a lot too. And not getting killed.

I think it isn't necessarily must get killed.....but is very likely will get killed at some point. And not because they are a QB....but because they run. At the moment, our first 5 RBs are out with injury. RBs are regularly getting injured. It just stands to reason that if your QB takes off and runs like a RB regularly, then missing time due to injury is inevitable.....unless they have that rare ability(luck?) that some of the great RBs have had in avoiding injuries through their careers.

Well of course who knows. But at the combine TT was weighed at 6' 1" 217. Do you think he is significantly less than 215?

It's very possible that Fred is 220 or 225 by now. But 215 is not small for a RB it's average size.

It's the 6'1" part I doubt. Taylor is 6'1" if he's been sleeping on a board and he rises up on his tippytoes - maybe

I mean, look at the pic LABillsFan posted of Taylor with Kaep. Kaep is listed as 6'4", do you think Taylor is only 3" shorter? Looks like more to me.

I think it isn't necessarily must get killed.....but is very likely will get killed at some point. And not because they are a QB....but because they run. At the moment, our first 5 RBs are out with injury. RBs are regularly getting injured. It just stands to reason that if your QB takes off and runs like a RB regularly, then missing time due to injury is inevitable.....unless they have that rare ability(luck?) that some of the great RBs have had in avoiding injuries through their careers.

Yep, and there's the point that a RB has to hang onto the ball and move his legs - he can do his thang if he's dinged a bit.

A QB, on the other hand - bruised ribs and so forth can play hell with his throwing motion.

He might actually be 6'1. Here he is next to Woods before the Bills left for Cleveland yesterday.

CMyoWPuWsAAHrV_.jpg

Woods is listed as 6'0", I'll believe that.

Just Googled,"Tyrod Taylor injury history". Didn't really need to - watched him play the same style at VT - umm, nothing came up aside from a concussion check once with the Ravens - negative.

Dudes a tough guy and a winner. Give it a rest.

Edited by moshermw

Just Googled,"Tyrod Taylor injury history". Didn't really need to - watched him play the same style at VT - umm, nothing came up aside from a concussion check once with the Ravens - negative.

B b but running qb's and stuff. We haven't processed the new information regarding the types like Rw, Kaep, Tannenhill, Tyrod etc.

and what exactly has he won?

I'm just wondering why'd you disparage someone who doesn't think Tyrod has proven himself a winner, unless you think he has?

Because saying "Has he won anything?" is a dumb thing to ask. What is he supposed to win? A national college championship? A Heisman? A Super Bowl? Obviously winning the first two mean nothing in the NFL, and someone who started and won a Super Bowl isn't going to be a free agent unless they are old and washed up. So again, I ask what is that question supposed to be other than mindless snark?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

and what exactly has he won?

All the VT QB records. An ACC Championship game head to head vs. EJ. An Orange Bowl. The Flacco backup job for four years. Rex's desire to bring him to the Jets and Bills, Kubiak's desire to bring him to Denver behind P. Manning.

All this without injury.

Because saying "Has he won anything?" is a dumb thing to ask. What is he supposed to win? A national college championship? A Heisman? A Super Bowl? Obviously winning the first two mean nothing in the NFL, and someone who started and won a Super Bowl isn't going to be a free agent unless they are old and washed up. So again, I ask what is that question supposed to be other than mindless snark?

If you read the post he was responding to, rather than racing to disparage him, you would see he asked that question because someone else called him a winner. But you had to get a couple shots in before following the conversation. Nice.

Edited by FireChan