EJ Manuel confidence meter

EJ confidence meter  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds of EJ becoming a "franchise" QB in 2015?

There is so much talk on the topic that I thought that a poll may be appropriate. What are the odds in your opinion that EJ Manuel can be a "franchise" type QB this year? As a baseline I would say, Alex Smith / Ryan Tannehill represent the low end. Basically what are the odds that he can achieve that level of play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1%-25% if the question was specific to him being that on the Bills this year I would go no chance.

I didn't know how else to word it. I think that I am in the 1-25% in total. I don't think that he is in the roster in 2016 though if he doesn't show that he can be the guy. That's why I applied it to this year.

It was.

No it wasn't. It was specific to this year but not specific to being on the Bills.

He has zero chance on the Bills because he is currently third of 3 and the coaches have in reality counted him out of the competition.

If he goes somewhere else where he starts as the 2nd guy on the depth chart and there is an early injury... well who knows... in that circumstance with a bit of wild optimism I'd go 1%.

Edited by GunnerBill

On the low end of 1-25%. Not only does he have to be good enough, it looks like he'll need an injury or two to get the chance to show it. Those odds start piling up to make it pretty unlikely, though I'd love to be wrong. I was generally surprised by the overall quality of the QB play, so yes, I'm the fool who can be (almost) taken in by a single preseason game. Reality will slap me in the face soon enough.

No it wasn't. It was specific to this year but not specific to being on the Bills.

He has zero chance on the Bills because he is currently third of 3 and the coaches have in reality counted him out of the competition.

If he goes somewhere else where he starts as the 2nd guy on the depth chart and there is an early injury... well who knows... in that circumstance with a bit of wild optimism I'd go 1%.

Ah, misunderstood. My bad.

The chance for 90% of almost any non franchise QB to become a franchise QB this season is about 5% IMO. There just aren't many franchise QBs and it's extremely hard and several things have to happen right for you even if you're very good.

A number one overall like Jameis is a little higher, which is what I meant by the 90% figure, but it's not good.

0% and that applies to all of the QBs currently on the roster.

I think that it is higher than that. Cassel has already played at the baseline level (not that I think he will again). I won't say that he can't do it because he already has. Taylor can be absolutely anything (good or bad). We just haven't seen enough of him. EJ has the physical tools to do it if he puts it all together.

Again, the odds are long (longer for some based on the opportunity) but I wouldn't say that it is zero. I'd probably have all 3 in the 1-25% but I'd be tempted to move Taylor into the 26-50%. I guess that I give him a 1 out of 3 chance of becoming Alex Smith.

I think that it is higher than that. Cassel has already played at the baseline level (not that I think he will again). I won't say that he can't do it because he already has. Taylor can be absolutely anything (good or bad). We just haven't seen enough of him. EJ has the physical tools to do it if he puts it all together.

Again, the odds are long (longer for some based on the opportunity) but I wouldn't say that it is zero. I'd probably have all 3 in the 1-25% but I'd be tempted to move Taylor into the 26-50%. I guess that I give him a 1 out of 3 chance of becoming Alex Smith.

Cassel has NEVER been a Franchise QB and never will. Tyrod won't either based on what I have seen. EJ likely won't get the chance, but if he did even if he did...he would not be a FQB in 2015. I stand by my 0%.