8-16: Bills' Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

If Cassel becomes the backup...

How many other teams in the NFL have a higher paid backup QB?

Would this ever be an issue?

Other examples from the past?

Cutler last year?

This is a non-issue IMO. He is the guy that is the vet and has the longest track record. He was brought here to be a safety net and a safe option. He will play that role perfectly.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily agree. He's not going to come in and start for another team this late into camp. If it were the offseason, then yes.

Oh I am not saying someone takes him as a starter... I think he is a better bet than some of the current backups around the league.

Cutler last year?

This is a non-issue IMO. He is the guy that is the vet and has the longest track record. He was brought here to be a safety net and a safe option. He will play that role perfectly.

Exactly. It's not like we have a lot of money wrapped up in the position, even if we keep all three.

Tarpley looks the part out there. He's instinctive in space and has the long arms and I don't know how he will be against the run but at least he's wide shouldered for filling the run gaps. Looks like a modern ILB for the passing era. Very interested to see him the rest of preseason.

Yep, he caught my eye the other night, and I think someone on MMQB said the same thing.

BINGO!! They are developing him the right way. Piece of clay to mold.

Though his time exclusively with the 3s and "maybe some reps with the 2s" seems to indicate he has fallen behind, I do like the idea of him getting all the reps he can. He was clearly mishandled his first two years in the league and almost undermined by the coaching staff. I still believe EJ can be the long term answer at QB, but I guess we'll see. I will admit TT was exciting to watch on Friday and kept the offense moving.

EJ is going to get the majority of the game Thursday. I wonder what happens to the competition if he does something ridiculous like 22 of 25, 3TDs, 285 passing and 40 on the ground.

Everyone was screaming for a developmental QB. He's here his name is EJ Manuel. Highest upside of his draft and no pro coaching until 3 months ago.

People also wanted a young QB with the hopes he would actually improve with time. He looks no better now than when he was a rookie. He's just not good. Whaley took a chance and it didn't work. Time to go back to the drawing board and take another chance on another QB.

People also wanted a young QB with the hopes he would actually improve with time. He looks no better now than when he was a rookie. He's just not good. Whaley took a chance and it didn't work. Time to go back to the drawing board and take another chance on another QB.

Just so untrue.