Wk 1 may see one starter playing from the 13,14, & 15 draft

EJ - maybe no

Kiko - gone

Woods, seems to be behind Watkins and Harvin

Watkins - The chosen one

Kouandjio - doesn't look to be ahead of henderson

Darby - doing Darby things, may start of McKelvin isn't back.

I know there are other rounds in the draft, but over time if you get one starter out of the first two round of three drafts, it tends to end up badly.

EJ - maybe no

Kiko - gone

Watkins - The chosen one

I know there are other rounds in the draft, but over time if you get one starter out of the first two round of three drafts, it tends to end up badly.

That's the sign of a stacked roster not bad drafting. And it's hard to use a player like Kiko as an example of a non starter when he was traded straight up for one of the best RBs in the league.

EJ - maybe no

Kiko - gone

Watkins - The chosen one

You missed quite a few:

John Miller is the likely starter at RG

If Cujo is not the starter at RT, it's because Seantrel Henderson is starting

Preston Brown will again be a starting LB

Duke Williams could still start at safety (although probably not)

You missed quite a few:

John Miller is the likely starter at RG

If Cujo is not the starter at RT, it's because Seantrel Henderson is starting

Preston Brown will again be a starting LB

Duke Williams could still start at safety (although probably not)

Ok, so you do mention the other rounds, but what does it matter where in the draft they get them...

If this is meant to be a slight towards Doug Whaley, I think you should retract your post. Doug's a good man who has built a team that is going to be very fun to watch this season. It's important that we drop some of the cynicism that we've had for years as fans, and sit back and enjoy the ride like its 1990 all over again. This might be one of the best seasons in history, and we should all (myself included) town down some of the rhetoric and enjoy what we've been given.

With that being said:

For the 2013 draft, you seem to be marginalizing the impact of Woods to fit your argument. Robert Woods is a good receiver, and the free agent addition of a (potentially) "better" receiver in Harvin does not negate Woods' value to the team.

Our third round pick that year was swapped for one of the 3 best running backs in the league, and that was after Kiko had missed an entire season due to injury--so that in and of itself is finding incredible value for an unnecessary asset.

Marquis Goodwin is still very much on this team, and with Sammy Watkins, Harvin, and Woods having the importance to the team that they do, it says something about the skill set of a guy like Goodwin to still be considered more on the good side of the roster bubble than the bad--not to mention, he has world class speed, and showed it last night on a play that he took from one side of the field to another, with not a defender in sight.

Duke Williams is an excellent safety, and he was selected in the 4th round, Meeks may not be as highly regarded as Duke, but he is still a player that figures to make the cut.

The only players from that draft that haven't paid dividends are Gragg (TE) who is still on the roster, and may make the cut, although his position has been upgraded significantly; and Hopkins, the placekicker, who has been replaced by Carpenter, who is potentially a top 3 kicker in the league.

So, by all measure, 2013 looks like a great draft to me, and a deft handling of the roster.

Yes, EJ will always "define" that draft, but the only reason is because that's an easy narrative. The actual story is far more complex, and one that involves a GM beeing hoodwinked by a prank caller and forced into drafting a QB, a quarterback twisting his knee on a rubber mat; the strangest head coach/OC combination in Buffalo Bills history; and, currently, playing with the 3rd string offensive unit, a solid span of football with some nice throws and mobility--I'd be interested to see him getting some run with the 1s.

You generally want 2-3 starters from the draft.

It doesn't matter the round.

Woods

(Kiko)

Watkins

Brown

Henderson

Darby (from a draft with no 1st rounder)

Miller

You can't deny that the Bills have a lot of recent draft picks contributing in big ways.

EJ - maybe no

Kiko - gone

Watkins - The chosen one

:wallbash:

Wow, the idiots are out in full force this weekend. The drafts the last few years have been decent enough, last year's draft alone has 3 starters Sammy, Preston Brown, and cujo/henderson, this year Miller will start, and if McLovin is hurt, Darby will have a good chance to start, 2 years ago Woods and Duke could very well be starting week 1 as well.

Turrible thread.

i would tend to look at the overall talent (starters, depth, and role players) brought in over the past few years. look at the overall roster right now as compared to day one when this job officially became whaley's. i think that there is a bit of a difference there.