Gilmore is not Revis

Gilmore is too physical when the ball is in the air. Not great at finding the ball and I don't think other teams fear him. Carolina went right after him with Benjamin and were for the most part successful.

I expect by the end of the year he's going to be much better, but as of now he doesn't look elite to me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ran a base scheme with few blitzes while running straight man. You didn't hear Hughes or Mario's name all night because they just rushed wide, w/o any counter moves. All things being equal, the WR has a distinct advantage in this scenario. I'll hold off on joining the mob just yet.

Gilmore is too physical when the ball is in the air. Not great at finding the ball and I don't think other teams fear him. Carolina went right after him with Benjamin and were for the most part successful.

I expect by the end of the year he's going to be much better, but as of now he doesn't look elite to me.

Careful, you are treading on sacred ground here.

Bill: Do you hate cornerbacks as people?

Very funny.

Would you like me to say that he is as good as Revis?

OK, sure he is.

Want me to say that it was smart to draft him at 10 overall with no quarterback and issues on both lines? You got it......

It makes tons of sense to forego the qb position and both lines as long as there is a good corner floating around out there, especially with top 10 draft picks.

Are we ok now?

Its gonna be a busy year for all of our d backs. They will get burned but will become better at single coverage knowing in a lot of cases they have no safety help in Rexs defense.

Gilmore and Darby did fine. Benjamin is a huge gifted wr, what did you expect from a rookie?

Very funny.

Would you like me to say that he is as good as Revis?

OK, sure he is.

Want me to say that it was smart to draft him at 10 overall with no quarterback and issues on both lines? You got it......

It makes tons of sense to forego the qb position and both lines as long as there is a good corner floating around out there, especially with top 10 draft picks.

Are we ok now?

The only QB chosen between our #10 pick, and our next pick in the 2nd was Brandon Weeden. And with our 2nd pick, we took Cordy Glenn.

What are you complaining about? We should have picked Weeden or Osweiler at #10 overall?

Edited by DrDareustein

The only QB chosen between our #10 pick, and our next pick in the 2nd was Brandon Weeden. And with our 2nd pick, we took Cordy Glenn.

What are you complaining about? We should have picked Weeden or Osweiler at #10 overall?

Your point is taken. But it's weird how most love the fact that Whaley traded up for Watkins. Btw, I for on am still not so sure if this was a good move but can't say that I dislike it.

That said, it would have been nice to move up a spot or 2, no? Did Miami move up for Tanneyhill? I think they did but I don't remember. I wish we made that trade.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Your point is taken. But it's weird how most love the fact that Whaley traded up for Watkins. Btw, I for on am still not so sure if this was a good move but can't say that I dislike it.

That said, it would have been nice to move up a spot or 2, no? Did Miami move up for Tanneyhill? I think they did but I don't remember. I wish we made that trade.

Miami did not move up, they owned the #8 pick. We would have had to put a package together to jump from 10 to 7 to get Tanny, in a draft that already saw people overpaying to move up (Washington to get RJ3, Dallas to get Claiborne).

With the picks it would have taken to move up, you are basically (at the very least) trading Gilmore and Glenn for Tannehill.

It has taken Miami a few years to develop Tannehill, and that's with bringing in his college coach, and staying stable at HC. You think he would have had the same chance to develop in Buffalo? Getting caught in the transition from Gailey to Marrone? Or would he be just another Manuel/Edwards/Losman who gets broken by (what was) an organization in chaos?

Face it, Gilmore was a good pick. Both for the team, and at the time.

Its gonna be a busy year for all of our d backs. They will get burned but will become better at single coverage knowing in a lot of cases they have no safety help in Rexs defense.

Gilmore and Darby did fine. Benjamin is a huge gifted wr, what did you expect from a rookie?

I still hope Leo gets back ASAP. He's solid.

Miami did not move up, they owned the #8 pick. We would have had to put a package together to jump from 10 to 7 to get Tanny, in a draft that already saw people overpaying to move up (Washington to get RJ3, Dallas to get Claiborne).

With the picks it would have taken to move up, you are basically (at the very least) trading Gilmore and Glenn for Tannehill.

It has taken Miami a few years to develop Tannehill, and that's with bringing in his college coach, and staying stable at HC. You think he would have had the same chance to develop in Buffalo? Getting caught in the transition from Gailey to Marrone? Or would he be just another Manuel/Edwards/Losman who gets broken by (what was) an organization in chaos?

Face it, Gilmore was a good pick. Both for the team, and at the time.

Yes, and drafting Whitner was a smart move too because he is "good," right? Using your top resources on running backs and defensive backs is a sure fire ticket to losing, UNLESS your key positions are in place.

There IS good news....the season is about to start and this roster is chock full of talented players. For the first time in years I have a feeling that we will make the playoffs. The other good news is that I get the feeling that the residue of the damage that Levy/Jauron did to this team is finally all but faded. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!