What a Cast of Characters

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least it should be entertaining. If we're gonna suck every year, might as well have fun with it :P

(Yes, I think a team 'sucks' if they miss the playoffs, and no, I'm not 100% certain this team will make the playoffs)

Not crazy to think a guy from a mid-major (I guess that's what you'd cal LA tech?) would need a year to blossom. He costs nothing and he has had a good camp. His highlights from college are pretty damn good so we have absolutely nothing to lose by signing him. I can't believe anyone is worked up about it. You would expect it from media guys, but fans?

all these "risky" moves live and die on Rex Ryan's ability to lead, so we'll know pretty early what kind of coach he's going to be. Some guys can turn talented misfits into a cohesive unit....madden and Flores did in Oakland and bbellicheat has been doing it for years. Now that Rex is on the same page with his personnel poeple ( like Whaley has a choice, ha!)we will hopefully see the same thing here.

Hopefully!

Reminds me of the 70's- 80's Al Davis Raiders where he would bring in any bad boy he could find. Then tell them to party all they want! But, Just Win Baby!

The stories of Ken Stabler & co being out all night before a game were epic. A commitment to excellence... in partying.

Not sure Marv would approve of this years team.

Reminds me of the 70's- 80's Al Davis Raiders where he would bring in any bad boy he could find. Then tell them to party all they want! But, Just Win Baby!

The stories of Ken Stabler & co being out all night before a game were epic. A commitment to excellence... in partying.

Not sure Marv would approve of this years team.

Party like a champion?

CMNO8WNW8AAloPz.jpg

So it looks we have 3 players of questionable character based on what I've read here. IK, Harvin, and Incognito and many here are flipping out. Amazing.

You could throw Dareus and Shady into the knucklehead/character issue group as well. I don't have issue with the low risk guys like IK and Incognito as they can be removed with no real cap issue if needed (although having Incognito in the locker room isn't great). Dareus has done some stupid stuff, but he's sure worth the risk as a player. I'd very much like to keep him around. Harvin wasn't worth it at all IMO. I know it's a one year, $6M deal, but I'd pass on an absolute turbodouche like that. He can blame everyone else for his problems, pout and refuse to play somewhere else. I'd have passed on Shady too. Too much to give up in contract and trade for a RB whose fit in the Bills offense is unknown. I don't give up what they did for any RB.

Still, no need to flip out. It is what it is. The FO is taking some minor and some bigger risks. I hope they still have the cap space to retain Dareus. We will see how it goes.

Edited by BarleyNY

Yes the Bills have brought in guys with some red flags in their past over the last year or two, but I still don't think this team has the same vibe as the 90s Bills(which can be a good thing in alot of ways). From all accounts of people I know in Orchard Park who see the players out somewhat frequently for the most part these guys are very humble and don't mind taking pics with fans, being friendly etc and it really seems like now more-so than ever there is a college football atmosphere around town in WNY..which is awesome. It was not like that in the 90's....those guys were more like rock stars who were very cocky and truth be told back in their playing days didn't really want anything to do with the fans(as far as being out in public and wanting to "hang out" and be cordial with them; I'm sure they respected the fans and the atmosphere they created on gameday) The personalites back then were much crazier; a bunch of alpha males who were hard drinkers and drug users. They are considered one of the hardest partying teams in NFL history. Don't think our current squad is as wild off the field as many people make them out to be