Bills training camp practice 8/12

EJ has never appeared to play scared. He's consistently appeared to be clueless and anxious. When you can't complete a 5 yard dunk pass you shouldn't even be in the discussion, and should never have been drafted number uno.

Funny, but I saw him complete 3 or 4 of them under pressure against the ones, playing with the threes last night. But by all means, don't let reality get in the way of your playing GM and NFL personnel evaluator. Oh, and he really didn't look at all clueless. I must admit, he did look a little anxious, but so would I if my offensive line was giving me until about 2 Mississp........ to get a pass off.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tyrod is a gym rat and is an absolute beast too. As BTO would say in the 70's: Not Fragile. More like a Strong Safety.That 215 (I think he said he wanted to add some, too) is solid.

Check this Pic: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-Trains-With-Colin-Kaepernick/b6d872db-c54a-47f2-8b94-6cd32824ff9d

Tyrod is second from the right.

My ears always perk up when music is mentioned.

I saw blacklights in the basement and glowing posters through the haze for moment.

I have my BTO vinyls around here and still listen once in awhile

Anyone finally starting to think Bills "want" TT to run?

seems obvious to me by now.

still no idea whatsoever what kind of offense the Bills will bring come the Season

thats good right ?

I was there last night, and had this guy looked back, he could have certainly made a play on the ball. The fact that the receiver NEVER looked for the ball made it look like it was poorly thrown. It was not. I don't know if it was perfect, but it looked like it was intended as a back shoulder throw and the receiver simply never looked back, and was sort of juking around with the DB.

EJ split reps with Simms with the threes the whole night. He has been practicing with lesser receivers who are not only not doing him any favors, they've at times made him look bad. Another throw during the 2 minute drill (I think) was perfectly thrown with loft and touch, under intense pressure from the ones D-line) and came down right through the arms of the receiver. It happened about 30 yards from me. How that guy didn't catch the ball, I have no idea, but it was pathetic.

And yes EJ was playing threes AGAINST ones for virtually the whole night. He was sacked several times because that third string O-line didn't have a prayer of keeping Williams, Darius and Butler off him for even a two count. It was pathetic. And yet, EJ managed to stand in the pocket and deliver some decent throws in spite of that pressure. But of course, Joe B's stat line no doubt simply said, "EJ took 4 sacks or whatever."

And finally, the saddest and funniest thing at the same time is that Cassel looked just OK when the ones played against the threes, which was most of the night, and when they finally matched the ones with the ones, it was an unmitigated disaster! He rushed every throw, even when he didn't need to, and I don't think he completed a single pass against the ones. If he did, it was one really short one.

Tyrod played with the twos against the twos pretty much all night. He was good sometimes, and not so good at times. But he still pulls it down and runs far to soon and often. He still overthrows far too many of his long balls in 11 on 11 when he is facing a pass rush.

I suspect EJ will get his shot to start in the second preseason game. I will be shocked if Cassel gets anything done against the ones against the Panthers, unless the ground game is really working.

That was soooo misrepresentative. He threw a back shoulder throw that was up high so the receiver could come back on the ball. Because the receiver NEVER looked back, and was juking the DB it LOOKED like it was a bad throw. And if it got to the tent, it was because he had good mustard on it and it bounded into it. Such crap.

Now that I had a chance to see practice for myself, I can really see how these buttholes are misrepresenting things.

Thanks Bob!! I'm a happier guy today!!

No problem! BTW, I thought all of the QBs threw well against air, and they all have pretty good arms, except Cassel's long balls do not have the zip on them that the other three guys do.

They all threw pretty well 7 on 7 as well. But it's a whole nother ball game in 11 on 11.

I see Cassel as being a checkdown guy that will draw the DB's in they will force him to beat them long, which I do not have much confidence in him being able to do. I would like to see Tyrod do well, but he still looks too much like Thad Lewis with a better arm to me. Good change of pace guy. EJ needs work to become more confident and consistent, but to me, he clearly still has the most upside. Also, now that I've seen first hand the plays these idiots are goring EJ for, I realize that we are being given a completely different picture. My suspicions of these guys having a bias is confirmed.

Do not believe what they are saying.

BTW, EJ stayed after practice and worked on his wide receiver screen throws. I thought they looked pretty good.

Well Bob, I just finished listening to Greg Roman's interview on JMS and I can rest assured that EJ Manuel is not going anywhere. He will be a Buffalo Bill for a while. Roman is very impressed with his skill set!!

Thanks Bob!! I'm a happier guy today!!

Buffalo Bobs on scene report just reminds us not be basing much of Anything on reporters. and rely on our home growns who know the Bills and keep us sane

ty :worthy:

Edited by 3rdand12

My ears always perk up when music is mentioned.

I saw blacklights in the basement and glowing posters through the haze for moment.

I have my BTO vinyls around here and still listen once in awhile

Anyone finally starting to think Bills "want" TT to run?

seems obvious to me by now.

still no idea whatsoever what kind of offense the Bills will bring come the Season

thats good right ?

It's what came to mind on TT durability at VT and is one of my fav 70's albums. Glad u liked!

I think it's more correct to say that that Bills want TT move the chains. I chuckle at posters that say he runs too much and throws a little long when faced with a big rush. I saw a TD fr 15 yds out and bunch of ' nice scrambles' and 'nice throws'. All woulda resulted in 1 st downs. It's like some fans rather have a sack or wild incompletion than a scramble that picks up a first so he could be labeled a 'pocket passer'. If he hurts teams that rush upfield too aggressively With runs, that Rush will be slowed down, as will run blitzes if he hurts them on option reads. Silly.

Edited by moshermw

Buffalo Bobs on scene report just reminds us not be basing much of Anything on reporters. and rely on our home growns who know the Bills and keep us sane

ty :worthy:

I agree! Splitting reps with the 3rd team with Matt Simms means EJ's doing great and about to be our starting QB!!

It's what came to mind on TT durability at VT and is one of my fav 70's albums. Glad u liked!

I think it's more correct to say that that Bills want TT move the chains. I chuckle at posters that say he runs too much and throws a little long when faced with a big rush. I saw a TD fr 15 yds out and bunch of ' nice scrambles' and 'nice throws'. All woulda resulted in 1 st downs. It's like some fans rather have a sack or wild incompletion than a scramble that picks up a first so he could be labeled a 'pocket passer'. If he hurts teams that rush upfield too aggressively With runs, that Rush will be slowed down, as will run blitzes if he hurts them on option reads. Silly.

turn it up

I agree! Splitting reps with the 3rd team with Matt Simms means EJ's doing great and about to be our starting QB!!

what are you criticizing ? Me Bob or EJ?

what are you criticizing ? Me Bob or EJ?

Not so much you guys directly; more a commentary on there being this whole fans being positive vs negative reporters thing on EJ, while the evidence from the coaches (EJ relegated to 3rd only) points to the coaches agreeing with the reporters.

turn it up

:thumbsup:

Not so much you guys directly; more a commentary on there being this whole fans being positive vs negative reporters thing on EJ, while the evidence from the coaches (EJ relegated to 3rd only) points to the coaches agreeing with the reporters.

Or...EJ is the 3rd QB this week in the rotation and everything is different next week...And it remains a 3 way competition like they've been saying from day #1...

If EJ is #3 again next week then I'll tend to agree... B-)

Or...EJ is the 3rd QB this week in the rotation and everything is different next week...And it remains a 3 way competition like they've been saying from day #1...

This week seems different... they had EJ and Tyrod rotating with the 2s at least before - weird they aren't still doing that even with the preseason game if it is still truly a 3-way race. They'll probably rotate 2nd/3rd guys during the game, not just stick to units strictly.

Edited by BlueFire

it's the one you don't see comin that puts you on queer street

Not bad. not bad at all.

because its painfully true, but quite funny

This week seems different... they had EJ and Tyrod rotating with the 2s at least before - weird they aren't still doing that even with the preseason game if it is still truly a 3-way race. They'll probably rotate 2nd/3rd guys during the game, not just stick to units strictly.

Blue fire , i suggest patience even still> i just dont think Bills are showing their proverbial hand just yet :flirt:

I don't think the reason that EJ is #3 this week is purely random. Likely there is definite reasons the coaches have for the ordering at the moment. Whether that is because they don't have much faith in EJ becoming the #1, or it is strategic to get the Cassel evaluation out of the way and have EJ training with the #1s leading into the more important preseason game & season won't be known by us till at least after next week(as you said).

I don't think the reason that EJ is #3 this week is purely random. Likely there is definite reasons the coaches have for the ordering at the moment. Whether that is because they don't have much faith in EJ becoming the #1, or it is strategic to get the Cassel evaluation out of the way and have EJ training with the #1s leading into the more important preseason game & season won't be known by us till at least after next week(as you said).

Fair enough...

I was thinking that...perhaps...they had a plan in place through the first two preseason games (Cassel starts #1, EJ starts the Browns joint practices, TT starts #2...or something like that)... They stick to that plan as a 3 way competition then after the 2nd preseason game make the final shifts based on all the knowledge gained...If Cassel starts anything after this week before preseason game #3 I do think the writing is on the wall... B-)

I'm not going to quote everything in here but I'm gonna have to disagree with Bob. Wednesday was my first camp visit this year, so I can't speak for how EJ looked the rest of camp, but he was absolutely terrible last night. He had a couple nice throws, but too many that were way off the mark. He has seemingly regressed from last year. All the qbs faced a ton of pressure, so that's no excuse.

I like Trapasso, but he's not looking at EJ objectively. I was standing near the infamous tent and the WR had no chance even if he turned his head - it was way too high and wide. About 3 snaps later, EJ sailed another just as high and wide toward the goal line on the opposite side of the tent. He might've been throwing that one away since the pocket collapsed, but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt with so many other awful throws. EJ might have developed the yips- I can't think of any other reason why he's seemingly regressed so much.

Anyway, here are the rest of my thoughts that I jotted down for my buddies in an email. Obviously not as detailed as Astro's, so please don't mind the typos etc, I'm just copying and pasting:

ej was horrible. Like worse than Simms. Who was also trash. But like neatly bagged trash at the curb. Ej otoh was stankin wet litter in the middle of the street that fell off the back of the truck the day after the Italian festival.
Tyrod is exciting and I hope he's the starter bc cassell just looks like a backup. Nothing terrible but nothing special and no zip on the ball.
The d line and all the backups are beasts. They were in backfield all night. Especially Mario n Hughes hashtag duh
Marcus Easley was balling. I know he should stick for special teams but he should see time at wr.
Screen game looks dangerous. Shady juked someone out of his shorts. Karlos looks like different breed. Like obv not AP level but looks like a dude no one wants to tackle.

Marquise gray making plays too. Woods n oleary had drops. Goodwin had an ill spin move. 17 has wheels too.

THIS. Thank you for typing out what I've been thinking. Roman is a great coordinator for Tyrod.

Jesus H Christ, Bluefire, you're better than that. It was EJ's turn to be with the 3s. They've been rotating all 3 QBs throughout the entire TC.

But go ahead and join the FreakOut brigade. I'm sure it's fun. Enjoy.