LAMP - New Position at Work (Need Advice)

CountDorkula

I was just put into a new position at work. This means I will be traveling more. I am looking to collect something from all the places I will travel to.

I thought about shot glasses or a postcard to create a postcard wall picture but that is overdone, and just seems too generic to me.

My question to all of you. What should I collect?

My first stop;

Houston, TX.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

collectible spoons....the only way to go

I was just put into a new position at work. This means I will be traveling more. I am looking to collect something from all the places I will travel to.

I thought about shot glasses or a postcard to create a postcard wall picture but that is overdone, and just seems too generic to me.

My first stop;

Houston, TX.

My first stop;

Houston, TX.

STDs

I've never been a collector for traveling. My mission is always to eat a very authentic version of the food they're "known for," i.e. - deep dish pizza in Chicago; cheesesteak in Philly, etc.

I like Pooj's spoon idea. Not as fun as Plenz's, but would cost less in the long run.

STDs

But how would I identify what STD is from where?

Unless you are suggesting I go to the hospital in each place and take a vial of blood with town label home with me. Which could get very pricey, like Gugny suggests.

Selfie with hooker.

OK, lets run with this. Once I take said picture I could then print it on some cloth and have my fiance make a memory quilt?

How often will you be traveling to Buffalo?

To start once a month.

Once every two-three months after that most likely.

bitches...ground up and in the freezer, with each freezer baggie accurately labeled and charted.

Thought about it, I would need to by one of those chest freezers and then provide extra insulation and an AC unit in the garage for the hot May-September months here so the freezer does not crap out.

Also expensive.

Most every city you visit will have a bar/tavern where they sell local microbrews. Each of those breweries and bars usually serve your beer in a pint glass with the local brewery name on it (or some other brand)

Start collecting the pint glass from each bar you visit. Bartenders rarely keep track of them and they don't pay anything for the pint glass anyway (the brewery supplies them). Put a sticker on the bottom of each pint with the name of the bar and the date visited. Wear a baggy windbreaker or other jacket to take home your memento.

Most every city you visit will have a bar/tavern where they sell local microbrews. Each of those breweries and bars usually serve your beer in a pint glass with the local brewery name on it (or some other brand)

Start collecting the pint glass from each bar you visit. Bartenders rarely keep track of them and they don't pay anything for the pint glass anyway (the brewery supplies them). Put a sticker on the bottom of each pint with the name of the bar and the date visited. Wear a baggy windbreaker or other jacket to take home your memento.

Finally a good suggestion. Thanks BBF.

Everyone else, F(*%& you. (said with love)

collectible spoons....the only way to go

Spoons are hard to come by, but it seems every airport has a gift shop with shot glasses.

Something I do when on the road, is not collect something, but go see something. Currently, I'm working on this list....

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/america-s-oldest-bars-the-oldest-bar-in-all-50-us-states-and-washington-dc

Plus there's always things on the Travel Channel, like best burger joints, pizza, etc.

Another thing, if you have an iPhone (there may be a Android equal) get this app...

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/roadside/ios/

It will take your current location and show you some of the quirky things near where you are. I ended up buying all the regions since I travel so much.

Also, sign up for whatever airline you'll use frequent flyer program and also any hotel programs so you can get the points/miles.

My first stop;

Houston, TX.

Hotel room key fobs/cards.I knew a truck driver who kept a room key fob from every single motel he stayed at and put them on a wall behind the basement bar.

Drink coasters are often pretty easy to find and cheap. They can come with scenic pictures of the area, sports teams, local breweries, art from art galleries in the area, etc. Usually come in sets of 4 with different pictures on them. Easy to display.

I also like the pint glass idea. Personally, I do coffee mugs often if I can find ones I like because I actually use them every day.

Wear a baggy windbreaker or other jacket to take home your memento.

Holy Good Lord... I am not that much of a stick in the mud and have a few things here and there. But habitual wearing of baggy windbreakers, etc...? Wake up in the morning and say: "I wonder who I am gonna pilfer from?" That would get old... We don't want him to get desensitized?

Then ontop of it, it is all tracked on the bottom of the glass... LMAO... Why don't you just take 8x10 color glossy photos with words on the back and arrows on the front?

Count, if you go w/this plan... You should maybe get in a habit of asking them first or see if you can give them a "donation." That way your conscience is clear.

One or two isn't a problem... LoL... ;-) ;-)

Selfie with hooker.

LMAO. Make sure you have her sign the confidentality agreement first. Oh wait, they're a hooker!