YoloinOhio

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EJ's inconsistency is maddening

At least Tyrod has kept his momentum going from the last few practices.

Can Cassel keep this momentum going and carry it through Fridays game...

but IMO EJ will never be consistent enough..

EJ's inconsistency is maddening

At least Tyrod has kept his momentum going from the last few practices.

Can Cassel keep this momentum going and carry it through Fridays game...

but IMO EJ will never be consistent enough..

I agree. I'm not an EJ hater, I want him to succeed, but when do we close down the experiment? He was a project QB when we drafted him and our expectations have always been a little too high. Here we are coming into season three and I think it's still the same story.

WEAKNESSES

Gives opponents too many chances for turnovers by forcing throws into coverage trying to make a play. Area code accuracy -- short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Inconsistent recognizing blitz. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

WEAKNESSES: He has a tendency to force throws into coverage trying to make a play. His decision-making and field vision are suspect. He struggles to work through progressions and often takes off running too quickly. Manuel has some accuracy issues as well. Short throws are often low or wide and his deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

Weaknesses:

• Not a natural passer
  • Decision-making
  • Field vision
  • Struggles to work through progressions
  • Runs too quickly
  • Spotty accuracy
  • Can panic at times
  • Didn't play as well against good defenses
Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I agree. I'm not an EJ hater, I want him to succeed, but when do we close down the experiment? He was a project QB when we drafted him and our expectations have always been a little too high. Here we are coming into season three and I think it's still the same story.

WEAKNESSES

Gives opponents too many chances for turnovers by forcing throws into coverage trying to make a play. Area code accuracy -- short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Inconsistent recognizing blitz. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

WEAKNESSES: He has a tendency to force throws into coverage trying to make a play. His decision-making and field vision are suspect. He struggles to work through progressions and often takes off running too quickly. Manuel has some accuracy issues as well. Short throws are often low or wide and his deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

Weaknesses:

• Not a natural passer
  • Decision-making
  • Field vision
  • Struggles to work through progressions
  • Runs too quickly
  • Spotty accuracy
  • Can panic at times
  • Didn't play as well against good defenses

Wow, Where are the positives?

Rex said WR ran wrong route on EJ int. Cassel had best day today. EJ in scrimmage. Taylor day before that. Wants consistency.

Consistency doesn't have to mean the best each day. Just means you're not the worst any day. Right now the swings seem bigger with Cassel and EJ. I suspect the leaning at OBD is towards Taylor at this point.

Wow, Where are the positives?

he tall, got a big arm, and is charismatic in interviews.

Accuracy has always been his biggest issue. You can not teach accuracy. You can improve accuracy some, but you have to have that natural ability to be accurate to start. IMO throwing motions and footwork tweaks will never make a chronically inaccurate QB accurate. Inaccuracy at EJ's level is not correctable, He'll have his moments but he'll always be very inconsistent...

Apparently WR ran wrong route this morning on INT but he was still 2-8

Edited by shibuya