Arian Foster says "I don't believe in God"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN: Arian Foster Opens Up about his Beliefs (4:37)

LIFE'S BIGGEST QUESTIONS are leading me through a narrow street in a stately Houston neighborhood, where haunting piles of home furnishings-cabinets, carpet, curtains-lie on the north side of the street in mud-streaked abandon. Meanwhile, the south side, unharmed by the torrential rain, looks as if it took up arms and ravaged the other. The difference is so stark, so precise, that some might be tempted to invoke divine intervention.

And if a just God intervened to spare the folks on the south side, why would he beget fires-of-hell vengeance upon those who happened to purchase a home on the other side of the street, where the floodwaters flowed over the curb, across the lawns and through living rooms and kitchens?

So, the only way there could be a God is if life was all rainbows and gummy bears?

Some people believe in god, some in Santa Claus, and some even believe in elves. Personally I'm a Zeus man myself. Are you prepared for the consequences of your non belief in our Lord Zeus, should he exist?

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/10/why-so-many-icelanders-still-believe-in-invisible-elves/280783/

Edited by Fingon

Why isn't it? Football and religion are closely intertwined and he's going against the grain. It's interesting to me and if it isn't for you.....So be it!

Maybe down in Dallas or Florida or if your Tim Tebow.

In Buffalo, no so much.

This is a big deal in the south. Up north, not a big deal. I know plenty of agnostics and atheists, and it isn't a big deal. In some places you may get a target on you for saying that. I guarantee someone will protest a game because he said that.

Why isn't it? Football and religion are closely intertwined and he's going against the grain. It's interesting to me and if it isn't for you.....So be it!

Religion, and Politics on a football site. This may get good.

If some people are "blessed" why are others not "blessed".

Is LeBron James the "Chosen One"?

I certainly hope not. I threw away his jersey last week.

Edited by DirtDart

So, the only way there could be a God is if life was all rainbows and gummy bears?

When you think about it gummy bears are ingenious. They seem to be made from the jello that firmed up too much at the edge of the bowl. Everyone hated that and yet someone thought it would made a good candy. I guess not everyone hated it and some people see good where others can't. On the other hand most people look at rainbows with wonder and call them beautiful from afar. Meanwhile some poor animal is getting washed out of his home that took him so long to build. It might be a bird, a chipmunk, an ant, a bear or even a person. I guess not everyone always loves rainbows and there is bad in something that seems outwardly good. Is this proof of God, proof of no God, or no proof of anything? Or is it simply proof that someone should invent rainbow colored gummy bears?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Which God? there are so many to choose from

I personally Like Ganesh,A multi-armed pachyderm is so cool

My 2nd choice is the smiling Fat Man Buddah...

Overall though I really think Zeus is going to make a comeback

Church of the Fonz is the only true path!

Everybody say Ay!, Now sit on it