119 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade EJ for Tanny?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Fire Chan's victory lap. Of course everyone would do that. One is coming off of a 4,000 yard season and one is battling Matt Cassel.

The ironic part is Chan Gailey was high on Tanneyhill and all signs pointed to the Bills drafting Tanneyhill if he was on the board when they selected.

The ironic part is Chan Gailey was high on Tanneyhill and all signs pointed to the Bills drafting Tanneyhill if he was on the board when they selected.

He has turned into a pretty good player. He is a lot better than I ever expected him to be. If the Bills could get the level of QB play that Tannehill provides they could win the Super Bowl. He is a middle of the league guy that still has some upside. If I were starting a franchise tomorrow he may be in my top 10 QBs that I would want under center.

Some people simply don't watch football outside of Bills games.

Abolutely not. If the phishes were seeking to make that trade then I expect we'd find out not too long afterwards he's retiring to persue Jamaican yoga instruction or was banging with Hernandez and about to be charged with some capital crimes.

lf we assume Talleywhacker was in good standing and was not about to retire for some crazy reason, would you make the trade? it is interesting how the number of people not willing to pull the trigger on the trade is a non-zero number.

No way....

Year Age Base Salary

2015 27 $660,000 (4 Mill signing bonus)

2016 28 $9,340,000

2017 29 $17,975,000

2018 30 $17,475,000

2019 31 $18,725,000

2020 32 $19,497,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ryan-tannehill/

At this point, the contract is the only reasonable defense to saying no.

But it's a good one.

If you don't believe Tannehill can win you a Super Bowl, no need to lock yourself into mediocre for several seasons.

lf we assume Talleywhacker was in good standing and was not about to retire for some crazy reason, would you make the trade? it is interesting how the number of people not willing to pull the trigger on the trade is a non-zero number.

It's implausible that Miami would engage this idea, but his trajectory over the past three years make him one of the better young QBs in the game. I'd say top 3 or 4 of QBs drafted in the past 5 years. So with all that we know today, there is only one rational answer.

No way, EJ has better potential and will be a better QB provided the Bills are as patient as the Phins have been.

Really? I'm not trying to pick on you but someone needs to add a little context. Last year Tannehill threw for 4,045 yards (that would be the 2nd highest total in Bills franchise history), his 66.4% completion percentage is higher than any player to ever start at least 10 games in a season for the Bills, his 27 TDs would be the second highest total in Bills history and his 92.8 QB rating would rank 3rd in Bills history behind 2 Jim Kelly seasons.

Basically Tannehill's 2014 season was statistically better than any Bills QB in history (I know the game has changed some) but there is "no way" that we would deal a guy battling Matt Cassel for that? What world am I living in?