Kiko article in Philly

You expected the Bills to publicly trash Alonso? Kromer barely was with them by the time the trade went down. ;)

And Kelly's criticisms were that McCoy wasn't hitting the holes fast enough for his liking. Probably because anything longer than a 5 second play for Kelly is an eternity.

But rest-assured, while the trade went down fast, it wasn't a hasty decision. Again, the BIlls' defense improved despite (I'm not saying because of) Alonso's absence last year and the running game was weak. So on the face of it, trading a player who you didn't need for a top-3 RB is a no-brainer. Add in Kiko injuring his knee again and it's a no-brainer.

I thought i read Whaley or Rex saying Philly called while on Pegulas boat. they got off the phone talked about it for awhile and called back asking what Philly wanted> i think the deal was thought out well enough , because to me it makes sense. But it well could have been hasty.

Clay might be the opposite they just worked that one hard. Very impressed with getting Clay. And then Felton!

if i was Whaley i would have jumped for McCoy.

I hate the financials but there was no way around that.

lets discuss this midseason how about?

wish kiko well. Wish McCoy the Best

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills acquired former rushing champ from 2 years ago. Dumb. I'm sure if the Bills traded a former rushing champ for a LB coming off ACL surgery they would be dumb too.

I think McCoy is immature but at this point, he is better at his position than Kiko and has less injury concern. Of course, this trade could work out for both teams.

Bills acquired former rushing champ from 2 years ago. Dumb. I'm sure if the Bills traded a former rushing champ for a LB coming off ACL surgery they would be dumb too.

I think McCoy is immature but at this point, he is better at his position than Kiko and has less injury concern. Of course, this trade could work out for both teams.

The way to look at this deal is not what it does for Philly but what it does for our own team. Our roster was heavily skewed toward our superlative defense compared to a talent deficit on offense. Over the offseason personnel moves have been made to upgrade both guard positionsin order to bolster the O-line. Spiller didn't fit the role as a prime back while McCoy does. Even if McCoy has already reached his peak he is still a major upgrade.

Even without Kiko, who was hurt last year, our defense was one of the best in football. It is acknowledged that our qbing candidates are mediocre at best but in general with the addition of McCoy and some additions on the line the balance on offense is tilting upward.

I wish Kiko nothing the best. He should thrive playing for his college coach. On balance this deal was a positive transaction that helped to balance out a side of the ball that was very deficient. It was a smart thing to do.

I agree for the most part about kiko, but I think spiller will have a breakout season. he's primed for more success than ever and I just want him to stay healthy. he deserves it.

I have a feeling Spiller will outgain McCoy this season.

Spiller will have a good year, no doubt he'll be better used in NO than he was here. But he's not as good as McCoy and won't be the workhorse that McCoy will be in this offense. I doubt Spiller will have more yards from scrimmage by year's end.

@Jeff_McLane: Kiko Alonso will now go through the concussion protocol. Could be a little while before he's back. #Eagles

I just saw this pop.

On one hand, I have nothing against Kiko. He was a lot of fun to watch, and he played well for us.

On the other hand, boy, do I think Whaley had good timing.

I have a feeling that Shady will get 5-10 more touches a game than Spiller. Usually one follows the other. Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

so the same as every other day? ;)

Touche.

But a lot of the narrative when the trade first happened was "well, it sucks that we had to lose a good player and a fan favorite, but he had a salary which was booming and we got a good player in return"

Now it's "Did you hear Shady expressed an opinion on our coach that I don't like, yet looks increasingly accurate? He sucks! We wiped off Buffalo aka the Siberia of the NFL lol"

So yes, the schadenfreude is real.

I am not even joking about being called the Siberia off the NFL. Eff you Eskin.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly