Whaley on QB situation:team will know before its "announced"

http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/while-bills-have-no-unannounced-timeline-for-picking-a-qb-gm-says-players-will-know-even-before-any-announcement-is-made/

And that quarterback might not even be on the team right now. Whaley didnt rule out bringing in someone else, should the opportunity arise.

"Absolutely. Absolutely, no doubt about it," said the third-year GM. "None of the guys we have is a proven franchise quarterback. Im not saying that cant develop into that. Im not saying that. But until we have one, well always be on the search to get one. And thats the same with about 10 to 15 other teams in the league".

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jives with Pegula's comment (I'm paraphrasing) that "there's a lot less worry about the QB situation in the locker room than there is outside of it."

Call me crazy, but I think EJ is going to grab this thing.

I believe ej is the front runner and that's why they let tyrod and meh get an early shot to show something

Jives with Pegula's comment (I'm paraphrasing) that "there's a lot less worry about the QB situation in the locker room than there is outside of it."

I believe ej is the front runner and that's why they let tyrod and meh get an early shot to show something

Looking forward to all the EJ bashing articles written in the near future if that's the case. Joe B. Has one burning in his outbox I'm sure.

I don't know. On Around The NFL last night, Kurt Warner said that Cassel and TT running with the ones on the first day of camp means that EJ is doomed. So...

I don't know. On Around The NFL last night, Kurt Warner said that Cassel and TT running with the ones on the first day of camp means that EJ is doomed. So...

They went over this yesterday on the morning show. EJ and TT were with the ones in mini camp. They rotate AB, AC, BC so ej will be with the ones the next two practices(with meh and TT, respectively).

Looking forward to all the EJ bashing articles written in the near future if that's the case. Joe B. Has one burning in his outbox I'm sure.

JoeB's first article of camp was actually pretty tame. He basically said Manuel and Cassel looked the same, which was meh. Taylor seemed to be his goat.

They went over this yesterday on the morning show. EJ and TT were with the ones in mini camp. They rotate AB, AC, BC so ej will be with the ones the next two practices(with meh and TT, respectively).

Oh i know, was just using some sarcasm. I'm still in the hope EJ can be successful camp.

fwiw Sal said yesterday after camp they were running the top 3 on day 1 in order of NFL tenure to avoid any speculation on the order, since they are all equal right now.

Oh i know, was just using some sarcasm. I'm still in the hope EJ can be successful camp.

I know you were. Just wanted to be sure "others" knew that info. Some people really take things like C and tweets as gospel. Which is why astro is my favorite camp reporter.

fwiw Sal said yesterday after camp they were running the top 3 on day 1 in order of NFL tenure to avoid any speculation on the order, since they are all equal right now.

I didn't hear that. Makes sense.

can I join you on the crazy train?

Funny that because from what I watched .... Neither ESPN or NFLN have a live body filming practice

I don't see how EJ wins this thing. I tried to be an EJ supporter going into last season but his accuracy is just awful. So what if he shows improved accuracy in TC, his problem is in real games. Misses his target completely or places the ball where his receiver is about to get killed. The previous staff may have "held him back" but accuracy issues is all him.

I think all Taylor has to do is show he can run the offense and be more accurate than EJ and the job is his. Plus, he has an added bonus that the other guys don't, he's fast.