Astro-Notes: Day 1, Friday 7/31

Tyler Dunne also was there, and posted some nice notes here ===> http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/31/tyler-dunnes-practice-report-day-1/

Here's a great twitter follow: https://twitter.com/TCBILLS_Astro

Wait! I know that guy!

Thanks, Dean. Great stuff. Please post at the OBBFP, too.

Already done!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/466632543381675/

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleasantly surprised at EJ looking better than the others. The Rodak and Joe B train seems as negative as ever on him, but the videos I saw of thin throwing looked great.

I agree. I was surprised with the negative coverage "off the mark" crap. I only saw 3 balls but they were money.

I don't think they want to see him fail...they want to prove themselves right (that he was a reach and a mistake). Proving oneself correct is more important to a lot of people than just having an adult, intellectual conversation in which both parties can make points without either having to "win."

Well said eball.

Don't get me started.

One reporter said "Tyrod Taylor? He did a lot of scrambling", He scrambled once, and he was 3 for 4 on the drill. [/size]

Your impression of EJ is different than that of Buscaglia and Dunne. I prefer yours.

Great observations. Yeah, it's day one, but I still can't get enough.

Hearing about Kouandjio is very encouraging. I'm hoping to see Glenn play at a higher level this year as well. Hopefully coming to TC in better shape will help him.

I didn't see any comments from the OP about Darby, but the general consensus seems to be he looked like he belonged with the first team. I saw some training videos this offseason of him back peddling, drop stepping, and changing directions, and he looks incredibly quick. A strong group of CB's with this front 4 and Rex's blitzing will be fun to watch.

As always, thanks astro. I find it interesting that you found EJ remotely impressive. All media reports indicated otherwise

There's probably a reason why they're covering an NFL team which has been one of the bottom rungs on the latter for a very long time. These Bills beat reporters really seem like "bottom of the barrel" types. I'll rely on the fans impressions this training camp than the local media's impressions who seem to always be looking for any reason to get their digs in on Manuel.

Having said that, if Manuel doesn't nail down this job after getting all of this "in your face" "you suck" fuel this off season then he has no business being an NFL starting QB. I'm looking very much forward to see what EJ does against the NFL's #1 defense tomorrow.

i agree it looks that way, but why? It makes no sense that they would want him to fail.

THEN MAYBE CONSIDER OTHER POSSIBILITIES!

like some guys have a weird bug up their butt when it comes to "the media." ...the first of which is they carry on like "the media" is one person with a conspiratorial agenda.

I don't think they want to see him fail...they want to prove themselves right (that he was a reach and a mistake). Proving oneself correct is more important to a lot of people than just having an adult, intellectual conversation in which both parties can make points without either having to "win."

what fantasy world do you guys live in?

Unfortunately, you are dead on here. Reporters and various media personnel are ever wrong and even when proven that they were wrong, they will fight it to the death to prove they aren't. Very unfortunate as I said, which makes it difficult to read through their agenda to find out whats really happening.