Shout Song

Shout Song Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. After what occasions should the shout song be played?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No time to play the full song...they line up for the PAT pretty quickly.

Most of the time they take a commercial break between the TD and the PAT (don't they???). Exceptions are quick scores after another & near the end of either half. Pegs has to get those commercials in.

Most of the time they take a commercial break between the TD and the PAT (don't they???). Exceptions are quick scores after another & near the end of either half. Pegs has to get those commercials in.

Nope. Look at how they do it now -- the shout song comes after the PAT.

No, of course not. The play clock starts running shortly after the TD.

I think a big problem with the song over the years was that it was often played in pretty dismal situations. We were losing, or going to lose, or lost quite a few games already, seemed quite lame when it was blaring over the sound system and most fans didn't give a crap.

I think a big problem with the song over the years was that it was often played in pretty dismal situations. We were losing, or going to lose, or lost quite a few games already, seemed quite lame when it was blaring over the sound system and most fans didn't give a crap.

Yes. You just need to make sure the sound system operator has half a brain. Play it when the Bills are leading or the game is close. Don't play it for a 23-yard FG in the first quarter and don't play it for a 4th quarter touchdown when the Bills are down by 35.

Nope. Look at how they do it now -- the shout song comes after the PAT.

Color me corrected.

No, of course not. The play clock starts running shortly after the TD.

Color me chastised.

Interesting how 2 people saying basically the same thing can come across so differently.

Hey when I first moved to Denver from Buffalo in 2002 and discovered the Bills bar here and they played the Shout song, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I guess over the years, I've kinda soured on it and it's become played out for me, that's all.

And also it looks like a lot of people on here aren't even aware that it's played after the extra point, not the touchdown. Which is the way it should be. There wouldn't even be time for the whole song to play before they kicked the extra point after scoring.

TD - Yes even a quick 15 seconds worth? Agreed in some situations there would not be enough time to celebrate with the whole song.

FG - no because it means they failed to score a TD

fixed.

huh? I still see -

Halftime If We're Winning

Halftime If We're Leading - the point still stands 30 more minutes to go wen games are lost in the last seconds

WHAT??!?!?!?!? Have you ever even WATCHED an NFL football game?!?!?!?!

Last year at the Cleveland game, no shout song all first half and a tight contest. Then the Bills started taking the game over. My kids and kids next to us got all excited and crazy every time they played it. That song played like 5-6 times with the Bills dominating. That hooked them, lifers for sure. They were not sure what was happening but they were having fun! Never forget my first shout song.

I voted for Touchdown and After a Win.

However, I think it would be good to have it played for any other "key" scoring play or for one that gives the Bills the lead.

Of course the song should be played in Bills Backers bars. (for the same occasions as above.) Had amny a good time with those fine people in Portland Oregon.

The answer is:

The Shout Song is only cool if you are in the stadium after they score.

The Shout Song is NOT cool if in the parking lot or outside a bar in Buffalo or anywhere else in the United States, a drunk guy in his early 20's goes "ey-ey-ey-ey" and then someone else within earshot gives him the "ey-ey-ey-ey" back. Nor is it that cool at Bills backers bars in other cities after they score. Nor is it cool when people come out to it at their wedding. It is literally lame in every other instance imaginable EXCEPT for when you are actually in the stadium and they score. Then it's cool.

That is your opinion. I disagree. So, if someone plays it talegating, do you put your head down and sulk?

I voted for Touchdown and After a Win.

However, I think it would be good to have it played for any other "key" scoring play or for one that gives the Bills the lead.

Of course the song should be played in Bills Backers bars. (for the same occasions as above.) Had amny a good time with those fine people in Portland Oregon.

Agreed, years of excitement for me at Delilah's in Chicago. Edited by Manther

Last year at the Cleveland game, no shout song all first half and a tight contest. Then the Bills started taking the game over. My kids and kids next to us got all excited and crazy every time they played it. That song played like 5-6 times with the Bills dominating. That hooked them, lifers for sure. They were not sure what was happening but they were having fun! Never forget my first shout song.

Being raised a Bills fan in Buffalo, naturally I heard it my whole life. I was born in 90, so it was played a lot when I was really young. Never attended a game in person till I was like 14. It was like my first time hearing it. It just isn't the same.

Hearing the Shout Song after a field goal is the lamest thing

No, this opinion is the lamest thing.

Sure we'd all rather have TDs, but points is points. We beat the Packers last year in large part due to FGs. We won 21 - 13 with the help of 4FGs. We would have lost the game without them. Not worth the Shout song?

And if they did do away with Shout after FGs would you prefer to listen to commercials? That's what they do in Seattle where they don't have a song.

It ain't broke