Shout Song

Shout Song Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. After what occasions should the shout song be played?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing worse than being at the Bills backers bar in Denver and the Bills are losing to like the Jets and they get a field goal in the second half to get within ten and they play it and then all the dorky Bills fans sing along. It's more of like a "hey we're all from Buffalo" thing than a Bills thing. And I have to put my hand over my head so no one can see me cringing. But when I go to the Colts game in September, you're damn right I'm singing along if they score a big touchdown.

the real issue is whether they are winning or loosing. It's very cool to play it at Bills Backer bars whenever it would be played in the stadium.

I disagree. I've watched a number of games at Bills Backers bars and love when Buffalo expats break out into SHOUT in an excess of enthusiasm. Makes ya feel at home!

exactly. Brings Bills fans from all-over together. I love it as long as its played at the right time. Also, any time Brady is sacked would seem appropriate. (or a turnover....the other team turning it over!)

I say after everything big. Birth of a child. marriage (or divorce), winning a sports event. signing that big account. having just the right amount of blooms on your lavender. grilling the perfect steak. having the proper tire pressure.

I disagree. I've watched a number of games at Bills Backers bars and love when Buffalo expats break out into SHOUT in an excess of enthusiasm. Makes ya feel at home!

Yeah if you like it, that's fine. I never said it should be illegal, I just think it's kinda dorky that's all. My way bigger issue is when you're waiting in line to get in the game or out in Miami the night before a Bills game down there or wherever and really drunk young Bills fans go "ey-ey-ey-ey." It makes me cringe every time.

Not gonna lie, if a die hard fan were to die, this would be sweet at a funeral.

Agreed 100%. I am now going with in the game and at funerals are the only acceptable times and places for the Shout song.

man you are no fun at all!

I see nothing wrong with a pregame hype Shout song

If said bar has a few fellow Bills fan Why not bond in song?

Hey when I first moved to Denver from Buffalo in 2002 and discovered the Bills bar here and they played the Shout song, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I guess over the years, I've kinda soured on it and it's become played out for me, that's all.

And also it looks like a lot of people on here aren't even aware that it's played after the extra point, not the touchdown. Which is the way it should be. There wouldn't even be time for the whole song to play before they kicked the extra point after scoring.

Yeah if you like it, that's fine. I never said it should be illegal, I just think it's kinda dorky that's all. My way bigger issue is when you're waiting in line to get in the game or out in Miami the night before a Bills game down there or wherever and really drunk young Bills fans go "ey-ey-ey-ey." It makes me cringe every time.

Agreed 100%. I am now going with in the game and at funerals are the only acceptable times and places for the Shout song.

Hey when I first moved to Denver from Buffalo in 2002 and discovered the Bills bar here and they played the Shout song, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I guess over the years, I've kinda soured on it and it's become played out for me, that's all.

And also it looks like a lot of people on here aren't even aware that it's played after the extra point, not the touchdown. Which is the way it should be. There wouldn't even be time for the whole song to play before they kicked the extra point after scoring.

Played after score, before kicking it off :)

I gave up my Seahawks tickets a couple of years ago as many of you know, so I don't know if they've changed this, but after a score they played NOTHING. It was completely and utterly lame. One or two of hte players had "theme" songs, so that might get played. But that was about the player, not the team. In fact, the Seahawks did nothing to really engage the fans in the stands - just assumed everyone would yell (and they'd put "shhhhh" on the scoreboard when the O was on the fields, since those astute football fans in Seattle didn't seem to realize that homefield only works when it's quiet for their offense).

Shout is cool because everyone can sing and clap along, that's what it's intended to do. Talking Proud was ok, but I like Shout better.

I gave up my Seahawks tickets a couple of years ago as many of you know, so I don't know if they've changed this, but after a score they played NOTHING. It was completely and utterly lame. One or two of hte players had "theme" songs, so that might get played. But that was about the player, not the team. In fact, the Seahawks did nothing to really engage the fans in the stands - just assumed everyone would yell (and they'd put "shhhhh" on the scoreboard when the O was on the fields, since those astute football fans in Seattle didn't seem to realize that homefield only works when it's quiet for their offense).

Shout is cool because everyone can sing and clap along, that's what it's intended to do. Talking Proud was ok, but I like Shout better.

This gets to the core of it.

The song may be cheesy but it really does help the crowd come alive in the stadium, especially with the easy sing-along aspect. It might seem stupid to celebrate after a score when the team is still down 2+ scores but if it gets the crowd riled up and back into it a bit then it is worth doing.

As far as playing it in other venues I would say that is a matter of personal preference.

We used to play it after scores at home during the Superbowl years which I thought was great, but I was a teenager at the time.

I've also been at weddings that played it and thought it made for some fun though I personally wouldn't want it played at my wedding.

This gets to the core of it.

The song may be cheesy but it really does help the crowd come alive in the stadium, especially with the easy sing-along aspect. It might seem stupid to celebrate after a score when the team is still down 2+ scores but if it gets the crowd riled up and back into it a bit then it is worth doing.

As far as playing it in other venues I would say that is a matter of personal preference.

We used to play it after scores at home during the Superbowl years which I thought was great, but I was a teenager at the time.

I've also been at weddings that played it and thought it made for some fun though I personally wouldn't want it played at my wedding.

Just imagine, home game, Bills score a late TD to clinch the playoffs. You don't think the shout song is being played around the country as loud and proud as ever?

Just imagine, home game, Bills score a late TD to clinch the playoffs. You don't think the shout song is being played around the country as loud and proud as ever?

I would certainly hope so.

Hopefully that, or at the very least a Superbowl win, would be enough to bring even those who were most down about Shout being played out of the stadium around to loving the song again.

I have a couple of nit-picky points about the poll.

1 -- why both TD and PAT as options? It should be one option -- after the scoring play is complete (inclusive of PAT).

2 -- I'd like to see a "FG 4th Q to tie or take lead" as an option. I don't agree with playing the song after all FGs.

I have a couple of nit-picky points about the poll.

1 -- why both TD and PAT as options? It should be one option -- after the scoring play is complete (inclusive of PAT).

2 -- I'd like to see a "FG 4th Q to tie or take lead" as an option. I don't agree with playing the song after all FGs.

I actually considered both of those options, but then just thought I was also getting nit-picky.

I actually considered both of those options, but then just thought I was also getting nit-picky.

But it's actually impractical to play the song after the TD yet before the PAT.