NFL Coach says RG3 is "done" as effective QB

Agree?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502969/article/robert-griffin-iii-done-as-effective-qb-nfl-coach-says?campaign=tw-nf-sf11220705-sf11220705

Personally I am rooting for him (except when they play us) because that's one less team that will be drafting a QB in round 1 next year...

Shanahan is still chapped about losing in DC I see. :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love quotes where people don't attach their names. It's cowardly. How do we know the coach is any good?

All I know is RG3 had one of the greatest rookie years I have ever seen. Then he got hurt. Then he got the chubby Gruden who only got the job because of his brother. And he plays on the Washington Slurs, a dysfunctional franchise.

He might not ever get it together in Washjngton but I won't be shocked if he went to another team and had a rebirth.

I heard this story on a DC Sports station yesterday. I can't recall if they gave a name.

roman would have some fun with him.

He has to learn to avoid contact though. Even Cam Newton, who is much bigger, gets banged up. RG3 was a pretty accurate passer too. But his feet take his game to another level. I hope he gets it back because I loved watching him playing in college and his rookie year. The last 2 years have been depressing.

He has to learn to avoid contact though. Even Cam Newton, who is much bigger, gets banged up. RG3 was a pretty accurate passer too. But his feet take his game to another level. I hope he gets it back because I loved watching him playing in college and his rookie year. The last 2 years have been depressing.

He is probably scared to get hurt. The injury is in his head.

He apparently needs his legs to be successful but unlike Wilson has taken a pounding over the past 3 years and that has limited his ability. Also it doesn't seem like he's grown as a player; is he too arrogant? too wrapped up in celebrity? victim of bad circumstances and bad coaching? Who knows, maybe all of the above.

I'd say its more likely than not he never regains his rookie year form, but still too early to write him off entirely.

He is too close to the owner so impacts ability to be corrected.

Agree?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502969/article/robert-griffin-iii-done-as-effective-qb-nfl-coach-says?campaign=tw-nf-sf11220705-sf11220705

Personally I am rooting for him (except when they play us) because that's one less team that will be drafting a QB in round 1 next year...

Does anyone have full access to the original ESPN article quoted there and could give us a run-down?

Agree?

I think he is done, he seems to have lost all confidence

At least the stadium is pretty nice.

I had input into that stadium design. Not a lot...but it was important. My wife's boss at the time was on the DC sports commission, and one of the guys instrumental to getting the Expos to move down here and get the stadium built. When they were planning the concessions at the ballpark, he had the brilliant idea of selling fast-food sushi. That brainstorm ended quickly when I asked him "You want to sell raw fish in a ballpark, in DC, in August?"

So...you're welcome. :D

I predict that sometime during this season, Cousins will beat out RGIII. Griffen is simply not a good QB. He's lost it - kinda like my golf swing.

Yeah but Cousins is so amazing!!! Weren't there posts that Cousin would be traded for a 1st round pick? Haha.

Yeah but Cousins is so amazing!!! Weren't there posts that Cousin would be traded for a 1st round pick? Haha.

TBD brain trust missed out again. That's why you do nothing, but draft QBs with all of your picks until you find one.

Edited by jeremy2020