5 Bills RBs, 4 Spots Available?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brown gets cut (the hype machine will cry). That said, Karlos is far from a finished product. He runs way too high. It's works in the ACC but won't work in the NFL. He needs to get low.

he mentioned that in his most recent interview... That he has been working on that with the coaches since day 1

he mentioned that in his most recent interview... That he has been working on that with the coaches since day 1

Good to hear. He's a big guy so it will be tough for him. It worked for Brandon Jacobs but Williams would need to gain some weight to take that punishment.

A bit. Antowain Smith has similarity in size and running but Karlos seems more flexible.

I am wondering how good of a blocker he is and can he block a uncovered DE like Freddy can.

I

maybe Fred will take him under his wing. The kid seems very eager to learn. I also have been impressed with our new RB coach thus far.

If Fred is cut, I can see him be offered an option somewhere within the organization, possibly business side of game day operations or a team liaison.

If Fred is cut they should immediately offer him an assistant RB coach; he is the best blocking RB in the game over the last decade and he should be teaching how to do it.

If Fred is cut they should immediately offer him an assistant RB coach; he is the best blocking RB in the game over the last decade and he should be teaching how to do it.

He would never become a coach for a team that just cut him. NE would sign him just to spite us and he would score a few tds against us.

I can't see us keeping 5 RB's plus 1 Full back.. I think because of special teams play, we go with McCoy, Fred, Williams, Dixon and 2 Full backs that are great special team players.. We could even place Williams on practice squad if he would last there..

I can't see us keeping 5 RB's plus 1 Full back.. I think because of special teams play, we go with McCoy, Fred, Williams, Dixon and 2 Full backs that are great special team players.. We could even place Williams on practice squad if he would last there..

i agree Karlos could end up on practice squad but RB is one position that gets raided by other teams during the season because it's relatively easy to plug in to an offense. So it's risky - now they can always elevate him to the 53 if some team come calling but then they need to get rid of someone else and I believe he needs to be on active roster for 4 weeks after.

When Rex 'forgot' Brown's name, I figured he was the odd man out.

I still think so, though it wouldn't totally shock me if Boobie was released instead.

I'd be sorely disappointed if it was Fred who was bumped from the roster.

I've never seen Karlos play, but the more I read about him, the more I expect to see him in a Bills uni during the regular season.

I'm just glad we have this stable heading into camp. You never know, an injury could make the decision for us

Good point. There's a realistic possibility that one of these five guys will get hurt.

i feel like we are adding up A LOT of special teamers. that list has 4 expected contributors being kept at RB alone. add in hogan, and Easley and that is 6 coverage guys at offensive skill positions; without looking at TE.

with the offense still a question mark, id much rather the best offensive contributors be kept outside of maybe a guy like easley. it could still be your same list for offensive purposes but the reasoning being special teams doesnt sit great with me at some point here.

I read somewhere stats that showed that Karlos was the most effective goalline and short yardage back in college by a wide margin. Couple that with his special teams ability. Not to mention he was a 5 star recruit at safety. There is no way Karlos is cut IMO

I read somewhere stats that showed that Karlos was the most effective goalline and short yardage back in college by a wide margin. Couple that with his special teams ability. Not to mention he was a 5 star recruit at safety. There is no way Karlos is cut IMO

true and he wasn't some random 5th rd Pick. Bills targeted him for a long time. He took a multi day visit to OBD very early on.

Haven't read this thread but Brown has to be the odd man out. Boobie and Fred bring too much character and intangibles to cut (and Boobie is great on ST), and Karlos was targeted. Sure, Whaley likes Brown, but a lot has happened since that trade -- including Whaley drafting Karlos and trading for Shady.