Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

Do I really need to slap down this nonsense argument again?

Buddy, I've got more data and fact that proves this whole thing to be a giant lie than you can possibly imagine. Health care is one of my firm's interests, and we know our schit. I don't know that you know that, so rather than dropping the hammer on you now, I'll give you three choices:

1. You can move on

2. You can ask me why the argument is nonsense and I will explain it to you nicely

3. You can persist, and I will crush you.

Ask anyone: they've all seen the crushing.

Haven't seen the crushing - I've seen the refusal of wading through the feces strewn river of Styx that is your stream of consciousness.

I thought my mom was going to cry when she "found out" I was a "Republican". I then proceeded to tell her the conservative values I believe in of course all of which she believed in as well. I was a great family learning moment.

Oh, you're a conservative? You must be a Trump fan like all conservatives! :lol:

He's dreamy :wub:

He's the Social Media President. The Reality TV President is the next logical step.

Really, this has been building for a long while. Starting with FDR's fireside chats, through Kennedy's Camelot and Clinton on Arsenio Hall (but not limited to them), the intersection of mass media and politics has led to the progressive confusion of celebrity with leadership.

He's the Social Media President. The Reality TV President is the next logical step.

Really, this has been building for a long while. Starting with FDR's fireside chats, through Kennedy's Camelot and Clinton on Arsenio Hall (but not limited to them), the intersection of mass media and politics has led to the progressive confusion of celebrity with leadership.

Next step: President Camacho!

6ce568bbbd6087fcff93a52500312120.jpg

As long as there is a republican senate and house it will continue to be a stalemate with any democrat in the white house like now.

Executive orders can only go so far. The idealism of a young generation if Bernie were elected would get crushed in no time.

Being realistic can be depressing, but big money is calling the shots.

I think the country will just say the heck with it and elect Trump. JMO, nothing more then that

As long as there is a republican senate and house it will continue to be a stalemate with any democrat in the white house like now.

Executive orders can only go so far. The idealism of a young generation if Bernie were elected would get crushed in no time.

I think the country will just say the heck with it and elect Trump. JMO, nothing more then that

As long as the Republicans have at least 41 Senators there will be stalemate.

True but this is our best chance in years and probably for years to come to get change - maybe through Supreme Court appointments or by using the bully pulpit to encourage an Article V Convention to get money out of politics.

True but this is our best chance in years and probably for years to come to get change - maybe through Supreme Court appointments or by using the bully pulpit to encourage an Article V Convention to get money out of politics.

You mean that you'd like to advance the fascist agenda of limiting free speech, as the spending of money on elections is nothing more than the exercise of free speech; and given that it's political speech, there is no more important kind of speech.

The truth is that there are different mediums for speech, and those mediums have different costs associated with them.

I've made this point here before, but it bears repeating:

A television add is a type of speech, just as newspaper print is, as is holding a sign over your head on the State House lawn. The fact that each medium has different associated costs does not make any one of them less valid as protected speech than the others. Nor does the inability of some, many, or even most members of our society to afford using some of those mediums invalidate them.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker