Favorite Sports Teams

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this belongs in OTW, but what are your top five favorite pro/college sports teams?

1. Buffalo Bills
  2. Buffalo Sabres
  3. Houston Cougars Football
  4. Houston Astros
  5. Houston Cougars Baseball

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Buffalo Sabres

3. NY Mets

4. Alabama Crimson Tide football

5. Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) basketball

You need to start watching Bills games with us at Ugly Dog (if you don't already).

I recommend that highly. I do NOT recommend a five hour bar hop stroll to the Ugly Dog pre-game. Trust me on that one, I speak from experience.

Bills

Golden State Warriors

Oakland Athletics

Sabres

UB Bulls

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Oakland Athletics

3. Golden State Warriors

4. San Jose Sharks

5. Oregon Ducks

I'll jump in on this too ...

1a) Buffalo Bills

1b) Oakland A's

1c) St John Fisher College Women's Volleyball (shameless plug for daughters team...should be 1a, but will change when she's out of college)

3) Golden State Warriors

4) Buffalo Sabres

5) UCLA Football / Basketball

But...but...how? Why? This is unholy.

Lol. I just like that mean tough "old time" style hockey man. Although it seems recently that they are getting away from it. If it makes you feel better, I always pull for the Sabres as long as they aren't playing the Broad Street Bullies.

I know someone worse.

1a/b)Bills/Jets

2) Sabres

3)Spurs

Oh hell yeah they are worse. The only thing that could be worse is a Bills/Pats fan!!!!

Lol. I just like that mean tough "old time" style hockey man. Although it seems recently that they are getting away from it. If it makes you feel better, I always pull for the Sabres as long as they aren't playing the Broad Street Bullies.

Oh hell yeah they are worse. The only thing that could be worse is a Bills/Pats fan!!!!

My mother in law is a Yankees red Sox fan. Doesn't follow the teams at all but she said those two are here favorite.

Bills

Sabres

New Zealand All Blacks Rugby

Colorado State Football

Beat me to it!

1. Bills

2. Sabres

3. New Zealand All Blacks Rugby (hope you did not sleep through a fantastic win yesterday)

4. USA Track & Field (drugs and all)

5. Temple basketball

Edited by jester43

I hope that Shaka Smart fails miserably for that d-bag Steve Patterson.

Man I hate Patterson but I told my wife three years ago that we should fire Barnes and hire Shaka, so I'm excited we got my guy.

When UT called me to renew my season tickets this year, I told them no and specifically cited Steve Patterson as the reason. Told them I bought full season tickets with the Texas Stars instead.

Sounds like I'm not the only one and he's under quite a bit of heat, but the new university president gave him a thumbs up for now. Oh well, hopefully he's gone sooner rather than later.

Man I hate Patterson but I told my wife three years ago that we should fire Barnes and hire Shaka, so I'm excited we got my guy.

When UT called me to renew my season tickets this year, I told them no and specifically cited Steve Patterson as the reason. Told them I bought full season tickets with the Texas Stars instead.

Sounds like I'm not the only one and he's under quite a bit of heat, but the new university president gave him a thumbs up for now. Oh well, hopefully he's gone sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I don't fault Shaka for taking the money but I thought he was a little more principled than to work for a scumbag like Patterson. I wouldn't have begrudged him for going for any other big opportunity but not the Texas job. He preached family and a lot of other bs before running for the cash. He also cost us our three big, top 100 recruits and left the university in a lurch. I really wanted to wish him well, eventually, but not in this gig. I'm sure you'll love him but I hope this move costs both him and Patterson their jobs. I'm glad we landed Will Wade though. He was an assistant here before becoming the head coach of the UT-Chattanooga Mocs and turning around that program. He was responsible for a lot of our better recruits here. Given time, I believe he'll have the program where it was before.

1. Bills

2. Cubs(happy to see I'm not the only one who suffers through both lovable looser seasons a year)

3. Sabres

4. VCU

5. NASCAR

6. 'Cuse

7. A budding interest in the Blazers and Timbers

Yeah, I don't fault Shaka for taking the money but I thought he was a little more principled than to work for a scumbag like Patterson. I wouldn't have begrudged him for going for any other big opportunity but not the Texas job. He preached family and a lot of other bs before running for the cash. He also cost us our three big, top 100 recruits and left the university in a lurch. I really wanted to wish him well, eventually, but not in this gig. I'm sure you'll love him but I hope this move costs both him and Patterson their jobs. I'm glad we landed Will Wade though. He was an assistant here before becoming the head coach of the UT-Chattanooga Mocs and turning around that program. He was responsible for a lot of our better recruits here. Given time, I believe he'll have the program where it was before.

Shaka had to make the leap. I don't really get Texas, other than the lack of pressure compared with going home to Illinois, or an ACC job, but it was proving tough to match the 2011 run at VCU. I am proud to have been there for three of his years. It made going to VCU a little more fun...minus the increased parking fees to help pay his salary. :D