Robert Woods All-22

Weird, right? Lacking a qb they go after guys that can turn an easy pass into a big gain...

Right, but they possibly have upgraded the line, placed as many weapons as one could want around the QB, and have an OC with tons of experience to develop solid game plans. I don't see this as weird, but that the pragmatic problem of no possible QB to draft, so they managed with everyone around him.

I don't understand the confusion as we can't invent a QB. The draft is the draft, and this year there was no better option. This is Rex's first year, and Whaley maybe could have chosen Russell Wilson with Buddy, but they didn't and hindsight is 20/20.

I love what they have done. This could be a historic defense, dramatically improved the players on offense, and gave the coach as much as possible to win now. The problem is if they don't win now, they won't be able to afford everyone as contracts come up. I couldn't agree more we need a QB, and we need to pick one every year over the next couple of years until we finally find Jim Kelly's replacement. Sad it will be 19 years since a franchise QB. Way too long.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but they possibly have upgraded the line, placed as many weapons as one could want around the QB, and have an OC with tons of experience to develop solid game plans. I don't see this as weird, but that the pragmatic problem of no possible QB to draft, so they managed with everyone around him.

I don't understand the confusion as we can't invent a QB. The draft is the draft, and this year there was no better option. This is Rex's first year, and Whaley maybe could have chosen Russell Wilson with Buddy, but they didn't and hindsight is 20/20.

I love what they have done. This could be a historic defense, dramatically improved the players on offense, and gave the coach as much as possible to win now. The problem is if they don't win now, they won't be able to afford everyone as contracts come up. I couldn't agree more we need a QB, and we need to pick one every year over the next couple of years until we finally find Jim Kelly's replacement. Sad it will be 19 years since a franchise QB. Way too long.

Good post all around mgk.

Good Coaching will find a way to be competitive

This All-22 confirms he isn't tough or fast in pads.

:rolleyes:

We really do have some fun weapons on offense... I really hope one of our QBs steps up and at least plays to a middle of the pack level. Oh, and our OL doesn't just completely suck.

That's overstating it, but he's a very good role player

Agreed. his work does not often jump out at you. But he consistently grinds. and when he gets the one on ones or a gap in the Zone he seems to get open.

I like his blocking.

That one catch where he went way up and hung there to make the play was a game winning catch if i remember. Awesome display of athleticism.

Sammy won us a few games too last year.

Im not buying into the "Roman's Offense Sucks for Receivers" thing. This is the nfl, you call the plays the defense gives you. If the box is stacked, we arent good enough upfront to make holes against 8 defenders. The passing game will be critical.

How much work can you do on college QBs now John? Face it. It's a crapshot with QBs. People talk about Manuel's accuracy. One of the top QBs next year will be Connor Cook who is under a 60% passer in a 3 or 4 team conference.

Gotta let the season play out. The top QB might be a guy who's on no one's radar right now.

I have to agree with you Biscuit. But, I wouldn't put too much faith in raw stats re: the 60% completion rate. In a west coast type of offense, 60%+ is the goal. In an Al Davis type of vertical offense, the rating will probably be a bit lower.

When you look at our top 3 WRs and top TE, it looks like we ought to be a passing team. We have the weapons.

And, btw, our starting RB one season pulled in 78 catches.

But then we have Roman for an OC and ? for a QB.

I guess if I was a WR, I'd be disappointed.

Actually when you look at Watkins, Harvin, and Clay the offense we will run fits the versatility perfectly. These players can beat you running routes, taking a handful, reverses, or screens. I think Roman will get them all involved multiple ways. A passing offense isn't needed to get them in position to make plays.

I like the comparison to Steve Smith. Obviously he's not in his league yet but I do see the similarities in their playing style.

I thought he would go the route of peerless price who was the route of Alvin Harper, a good route runner and all around well rounded out guy with strong tools across the board but no superstar. This guy is beating that by me. I like what he's doing.

He drew double coverage a lot. Last year. So did Sammy. It was because teams left our te alone and usually didn't bother !@#$ing the RB which was ridiculous by us

It is a good comparison, though I think RW has to get a little stronger. Heard Andre Reed, earlier this spring, comparing Woods to himself...I can live with that too! I like Woods a real lot!

Woods=Reed and Watkins=Moulds woooooooooooooow. That would be a hell of a retro tandem!