ESPYs, anyone?

Didn't watch....Courage is a Cop alone at night responding to a call.. A Fire Fighter running into a burning building to save a child.... A Correction Officer running into a 200 man fight in the yard..... Bruce decides to become a Kardashion Girl and it's all about Transgender Love... Don't Care!!!!!!

Dude, there are different kinds of courage.

I went to war. Folks in different colored uniforms tried to kill me and my men. I still think Jenner is courageous. To face millions of viewers for the first time after going transgender? That wouldn't frighten you?

Transgender issues are not something I think about much. They're certainly not a pet cause. But I thought his/her speech was nicely done.

I don't want this to sound like boasting, but I was not afraid in combat. I was too busy to be afraid. Being in Jenner's shoes and giving that speech on national TV, though, would have terrified me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to war. Folks in different colored uniforms tried to kill me and my men. I still think Jenner is courageous. To face millions of viewers for the first time after going transgender? That wouldn't frighten you?

Transgender issues are not something I think about much. They're certainly not a pet cause. But I thought his/her speech was nicely done.

I don't want this to sound like boasting, but I was not afraid in combat. I was too busy to be afraid. Being in Jenner's shoes and giving that speech on national TV, though, would have terrified me.

Great post. And thank you for your service. :)

The second it was announced ARod was nominated for an award meant the ESPY's was a complete joke. ESPN has so many good things yet it is so stupid.

Great post. And thank you for your service. :)

The second it was announced ARod was nominated for an award meant the ESPY's was a complete joke. ESPN has so many good things yet it is so stupid.

ESPN is a joke. Not only was Jenner's award undeserved for reasons noted by Bob Costas and others, but it looks likely that ESPN did it solely for ratings (as would be the case with them nominating A-Rod for an award).

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/16/caitlyn-jenner-honored-at-espys-in-exchange-for-diane-sawyer-interview/

ESPN is a joke. Not only was Jenner's award undeserved for reasons noted by Bob Costas and others, but it looks likely that ESPN did it solely for ratings (as would be the case with them nominating A-Rod for an award).

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/16/caitlyn-jenner-honored-at-espys-in-exchange-for-diane-sawyer-interview/

I thought 911 was a joke....

True courage is suppressing sexual desires in this life. I've been married for 16 years with two beautiful children - you don't think there's sexual things with other women I would love to explore? You don't think that I fight those things and suppress them for the greater good of my entire family? Of course I do because those desires are wrong in the eyes of God. This life isn't about the pursuit of your sexual identity and desires - it's about doing what God wants you to do. True courage isn't pulling your Mom and all your kids into your warped desires - it's recognizing that certain desires that don't match what God wants us to do should be fought against.

I appreciate your service and I certainly recognize that you and other great people fought for this countries people do whatever they want - but God is the only one that can authorize what we do and only his consent is what mankind should be after. The freedom and pursuit of happiness this country allows belongs to every single citizen to do with how they wish - but let's not confuse that with what we should be doing.

Understand that I would never want a fellow human being to suffer and I consider it a tragedy that anyone would consider suicide to be the only way out of their feelings of transgender. But the solution isn't some rich guy reducing his adams apple and buying a pair of breasts and confessing he's the example to follow - the only answer is running to God because he's the only one that can offer the kind of fulfillment these people need. Jesus offers the only way out of what ails us.

True courage is suppressing sexual desires in this life. I've been married for 16 years with two beautiful children - you don't think there's sexual things with other women I would love to explore? You don't think that I fight those things and suppress them for the greater good of my entire family? Of course I do because those desires are wrong in the eyes of God. This life isn't about the pursuit of your sexual identity and desires - it's about doing what God wants you to do. True courage isn't pulling your Mom and all your kids into your warped desires - it's recognizing that certain desires that don't match what God wants us to do should be fought against.

I appreciate your service and I certainly recognize that you and other great people fought for this countries people do whatever they want - but God is the only one that can authorize what we do and only his consent is what mankind should be after. The freedom and pursuit of happiness this country allows belongs to every single citizen to do with how they wish - but let's not confuse that with what we should be doing.

Understand that I would never want a fellow human being to suffer and I consider it a tragedy that anyone would consider suicide to be the only way out of their feelings of transgender. But the solution isn't some rich guy reducing his adams apple and buying a pair of breasts and confessing he's the example to follow - the only answer is running to God because he's the only one that can offer the kind of fulfillment these people need. Jesus offers the only way out of what ails us.

Ahh the classic Christian thought that sex is not meant to be enjoyed! How do you know he is finding himself sexually? What if he is finding his identity? There are people born with the opposite genders genitalia so what would you say to them? They should be able to have a surgery to give themselves at least the appearance of a normal body right? If a person can be born with the wrong genitalia then it seems a person can be born with the mind of the wrong gender. If you think he's a sexual deviant I'd ask why you might think that? He's over achieved in every aspect of his life for 60 years....olympics, business family and has never been accused of any crime! So by all accounts he's a guy who has just been trying to fit in throughout his life and now feels ok coming out.

Wow what a money grab by ESPN. Don't forget to tune into I am Cat on the E channel this fall!!

Rip Lauren Hill, best of luck Leah Still. Bruce Jenner congrats on the transformation of your appearance to a Steven Tyler/Joan Rivers clone who now sounds like Sammy Davis Jr.

How come the transgenders from years past didn't receive Espy's ?

Stay relevant!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ahh the classic Christian thought that sex is not meant to be enjoyed! How do you know he is finding himself sexually? What if he is finding his identity? There are people born with the opposite genders genitalia so what would you say to them? They should be able to have a surgery to give themselves at least the appearance of a normal body right? If a person can be born with the wrong genitalia then it seems a person can be born with the mind of the wrong gender. If you think he's a sexual deviant I'd ask why you might think that? He's over achieved in every aspect of his life for 60 years....olympics, business family and has never been accused of any crime! So by all accounts he's a guy who has just been trying to fit in throughout his life and now feels ok coming out.

Look I get it - if you don't believe in God everything we believe in sounds foolish. If you do believe in God he gives us guidelines to live by - they aren't my rules and they don't always make sense - but I don't create belief systems out of my own mind. I concede that I'm too imperfect to just cultivate a belief system based on my own thoughts. God doesn't make people with the wrong genitalia.

Funny story: A couple weeks ago my wife and I ordered wings and had them delivered here in Charlotte NC. They came wrong and we were upset - however they ended up being delicious and our new favorite at this local restaurant, but we have no idea what they are. We eat in a couple nights ago at this restaurant and order what we think is what we had from the incorrect delivery based on the description. They arrive at the table and I'm like yes those are them - my wife laughs and says no way these don't look close. I'm sure I'm right and I joke to my sons that Mom is crazy. She happened to take a pic of those damn wings - she was right. I was so sure I was right I would have bet anything on it. My point is I'm so wrong so many times on such goofy things like this that how in the world can I be trusted to navigate the things about this life. I forget names of people I've met just 5 minutes ago - I forget phone numbers, etc etc.

I live my life based on that I can't possibly know what's right out of my own understanding - but I believe in someone and something that does and I concede to those measures.

Again, if you don't believe in God that sounds crazy - but from my view saying a man was born with the incorrect genitalia doesn't make you right either. It's just something you've chosen to believe.

What would you say to the people that can't afford the surgery? If you could what would you say to the people before this surgery existed? I don't think he's a deviant - I think he's lost and searching for something - and he hasn't found the only thing that can cure him and that's the fulfillment that only Jesus can offer. That's what I would say to him.

Edited by Triple Threat

Look I get it - if you don't believe in God everything we believe in sounds foolish. If you do believe in God he gives us guidelines to live by - they aren't my rules and they don't always make sense - but I don't create belief systems out of my own mind. I concede that I'm too imperfect to just cultivate a belief system based on my own thoughts. God doesn't make people with the wrong genitalia.

Funny story: A couple weeks ago my wife and I ordered wings and had them delivered here in Charlotte NC. They came wrong and we were upset - however they ended up being delicious and our new favorite at this local restaurant, but we have no idea what they are. We eat in a couple nights ago at this restaurant and order what we think is what we had from the incorrect delivery based on the description. They arrive at the table and I'm like yes those are them - my wife laughs and says no way these don't look close. I'm sure I'm right and I joke to my sons that Mom is crazy. She happened to take a pic of those damn wings - she was right. I was so sure I was right I would have bet anything on it. My point is I'm so wrong so many times on such goofy things like this that how in the world can I be trusted to navigate the things about this life. I forget names of people I've met just 5 minutes ago - I forget phone numbers, etc etc.

I live my life based on that I can't possibly know what's right out of my own understanding - but I believe in someone and something that does and I concede to those measures.

Again, if you don't believe in God that sounds crazy - but from my view saying a man was born with the incorrect genitalia doesn't make you right either. It's just something you've chosen to believe.

What would you say to the people that can't afford the surgery? If you could what would you say to the people before this surgery existed? I don't think he's a deviant - I think he's lost and searching for something - and he hasn't found the only thing that can cure him and that's the fulfillment that only Jesus can offer. That's what I would say to him.

Oh I believe In God. I just happen to believe God isn't all Old Testament and he's more of the thinking that if you are a good person you're all set. Treat others with respect and don't judge them. So who created the person with the wrong genitalia? There have been countless millions of those people throughout history. I hope you don't say something like it's the parents sins that caused the child to be born that way. How can you explain the other millions of children born with all sorts of deformities? Or do you pick and choose? God gave us the ability to expand our technology and medicine to help cure people of many diseases and illnesses. If you have ever had any surgery you surely cannot speak ill of someone with the wrong genitalia trying to look like their sex. Unless you are part of the old school Christians who don't allow any surgery whatsoever.

So I guess from now on people should just hold off on the whole buying balloons thing that says, "it's a boy!" or "it's a girl!" when a baby is born. They'll just have to wait until the announcement is made officially by that baby. Lol.

Edited by Justice

So I guess from now on people should just hold off on the whole buying balloons thing that says, "it's a boy!" or "it's a girl!" when a baby is born. They'll just have to wait until the announcement is made officially by that baby. Lol.

Right? :lol:

"Hey, man, I heard your wife gave birth last week. What did she have?"

"We're not sure yet, it has a penis, but I'm calling it questionable at this point".

Lmao

yes, kids born with disabilities are hilarious!

Disabilities? lol Let's ask kids with real disabilities how they feel about this type of "disability" and see what they think.

Lolz. My 14 inch wang is a disability. Where's my settlement.

Lol!

Let's rewind the clock about 65 years. "We had a baby boy!

65 years later, actually it's a girl. Bad news is she's a lesbian. Wait. What? Lol.

Edited by Justice