"How a rookie HC derailed a rookie QB"/All-22 of EJ Manuel

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we know the bolded? Oh wait, no. We don't. Deal with it.

With all due respect - YOU DEAL WITH IT.

We kow you dislike EJ and would hate him get the job. You make statements all the time cherry picking his faults while ignoring what he has done well.

EJ may win the starting job as Meh is now on the bubble per some Syracuse media story.

With all due respect - YOU DEAL WITH IT.

We kow you dislike EJ and would hate him get the job. You make statements all the time cherry picking his faults while ignoring what he has done well.

EJ may win the starting job as Meh is now on the bubble per some Syracuse media story.

I'm not even talking to you.

Except I've never said I "know" anything about EJ. Your entire point is flawed and invalid.

again with all due respect BS. your bias against him is well known to all

I'm not even talking to you.

this is a public forum is it not? Am I not allowed to post an opinion or make comments?

Funny you seem to chime in on posts I make that are not directed to you. My, you do love your Double standard

Just think If we had a QB who was actually motivated to WIN last season the Bills could have made it in with a WC.

Orton was used up and was not fully committed as we all saw with his abrupt departure.

Your post was a good one....even thought it was made over a typo on my part....when Orton realized that the offense was NOT going to be good.

I will say this....if our D was even middle of the pack we do not achieve last years record.......our offense was putrid....Orton after his first two games was ALSO putrid

Ahh the 'Orton sucked too' Manuel defense. One of my personal favorites.

Your rational thought seems to be wasted here. But nice try! :-)

(The offseason is just too darn long...)

Hondo.....

You are of course right....

Bugs the crap out of me cuz I will see these same screen names int he chat box in about a month B word B word B word

It was probably pointless but I had to try.

again with all due respect BS. your bias against him is well known to all

this is a public forum is it not? Am I not allowed to post an opinion or make comments?

Funny you seem to chime in on posts I make that are not directed to you. My, you do love your Double standard

Just think If we had a QB who was actually motivated to WIN last season the Bills could have made it in with a WC.

Orton was used up and was not fully committed as we all saw with his abrupt departure.

I was quoting OC when I told him to "get over it."

And no, it's not BS to say that I don't know what will happen to EJ. I've said it 100 times. It's not my fault you refuse to understand.

I realize we would all like to put this game out of our memories but it still stings me when I think that a playoff berth was on the line for this game. In week 16 at Oakland and against a 2-12 team with a Raiders defense ranked 32nd in points allowed, 21st in yards.

To me it wasn't so much about Khalil Mack being the next Lawrence Taylor as it was that the Bills coaching staff being so inept that they had no answer for helping to block him, or anyone else for that matter. Mack only had 4 measly sacks all season, and one against Buffalo. Scrub Raider DT's looking like Reggie White against that Bills interior line, and Mack ate Henderson for lunch that day. #66 should'n't have even been on the field playing like that. JMO

Watching the highlight video, it's even more galling that Marrone insisted that Henderson graded out as our best lineman last year. I'm glad to be rid of Marrone.

giphy.gif

this is nothing compared to the arguing amongst Buckeye fans on the O-Zone about which of the 3 QBs should start. It is an even 3 way split amongst posters and endless arguing! I feel this GIF you posted above is an accurate portrayal of me every time I log on for more. Edited by YoloinOhio

It was probably pointless but I had to try.

It was not lost on me. It was a nice attempt at bringing the two sides together. I think some people just prefer to argue and have no interest in agreeing on anything. You would think that a stance of "Let's wait and see what happens. I'm certainly rooting for the guy but if I had to guess right now, my guess is that he doesn't develop into a franchise QB" wouldn't be that controversial. It's actually a softer stance than virtually everyone who's not a Bills fan is taking on the guy. But here's to hoping more people start to realize that it's all right around the corner and this will all be over soon.

From ESPN's League Insiders rankings of NFL QBs:

"Manuel has no instincts after the ball is snapped," a personnel director said. "He's a great kid, has some talent. But he could not decipher or make quick decisions in college, and I do not see him doing it now."

I think this pretty much sums E.J. up, from what we've all seen, but some refuse to admit. I just have not seen an NFL instinct in him either.

Ahh the 'Orton sucked too' Manuel defense. One of my personal favorites.

I wasnt aware that was a defense of EJ......more of a comdamnation of Marrone and Hackett

It was not lost on me. It was a nice attempt at bringing the two sides together. I think some people just prefer to argue and have no interest in agreeing on anything. You would think that a stance of "Let's wait and see what happens. I'm certainly rooting for the guy but if I had to guess right now, my guess is that he doesn't develop into a franchise QB" wouldn't be that controversial. It's actually a softer stance than virtually everyone who's not a Bills fan is taking on the guy. But here's to hoping more people start to realize that it's all right around the corner and this will all be over soon.

So I assume that your name will NOT be in the chatbox bitching up a storm that EJ throws a bad pass?

"Manuel has no instincts after the ball is snapped," a personnel director said. "He's a great kid, has some talent. But he could not decipher or make quick decisions in college, and I do not see him doing it now."

I think this pretty much sums E.J. up, from what we've all seen, but some refuse to admit. I just have not seen an NFL instinct in him either.

If only the NFL tape on him would agree with these comments......they dont

- He has some overthrows for sure

- He has some throws to the back shoulder that forces a WR to make a adjustment

- He does not always hit the CORRECT reciever

But EJ's tape do not bear these comments out.....the ball is out of his hands pretty quickly.......and he is finding open receivers.......this last year he is even throwing to guys before they are open (saw it more then a few times in my review if the texans game)

Some of his deep throws have been absoutely beautiful......the Watkins throw with Grimes on him comes to mind. A nearly perfect throw.

EJ Manuel is RAW.........but there is talent there. Its just a matter if he is better then the other 2 QBs he is competing with in camp now.

And we know the NFL is always right in their evaluations of Qbs: see Brady in the 6th, Romo undrafted, Russell #1 overall.

And yet, EJ has played his best at this level in the situations in which he must rely upon his instincts and just play.

Opinions are like arseholes.

And we know the NFL is always right in their evaluations of Qbs: see Brady in the 6th, Romo undrafted, Russell #1 overall.

I will add that EJ appears to have some pretty good mobility instincts after the ball is snapped.....

In that Texans game EJ avoided pressure several times to keep plays alive without actually taking off downfield by evading pressure (I actually would have like to see him take off more then he did)

He took the snap.....made it to his first read....had pressure on him....moved.......then passed the ball to a 2nd option more then a few times in that game (the game that got him benched curiously)

Except those examples are before those QBs played a game in the NFL--you are giving examples where scouts/opinionators were wrong about a prospect.

The quote is an assessment of EJ after he has played in the NFL.--in fact the guy says EJ is no different than in college.......

I will add that EJ appears to have some pretty good mobility instincts after the ball is snapped.....

In that Texans game EJ avoided pressure several times to keep plays alive without actually taking off downfield by evading pressure (I actually would have like to see him take off more then he did)

He took the snap.....made it to his first read....had pressure on him....moved.......then passed the ball to a 2nd option more then a few times in that game (the game that got him benched curiously)

Maybe because JJ Watt is not a second option...