"How a rookie HC derailed a rookie QB"/All-22 of EJ Manuel

Dude no one, including FireChan, has given up on EJ completely. PLEASE stop putting words in everyone's mouths. Do you understand that there is a difference between being skeptical and saying someone is completely done.

that is pure bull ****

you can pretend all you want. you sir are fooling no one.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God we don't have a decent QB.

Off topic, but, I'm ready to ban the next person I see using "strawman" in their reply. (unless you're talking about TWoO)

I've noticed it used a lot more lately as well. I take it back.

Didn't know Cutler was available! And if the Bills were to acquire him, that would be the end of Dareus and gang!

With his games played to his playoff appearance ratio, I'd rather wait on EJ.

That's great.

This is getting ridiculously exhausting. How many ways can I say this? I am a Bills fan. I love the Bills more than is probably healthy. I am starving for good QB play. If it's EJ, great! That would be fantastic. From what I've seen however, I think it is less than likely that he develops into our franchise QB. I have no ulterior motives here guys. And I haven't given up on him. I just don't think it's probable. And guess what? Only two other people have had the balls to say that he will probably be our clear cut opening day starter in 2017. So evidently, everyone else agrees with me except the LB get ball guy and you know who.

Let me try this: What did you guys think of Bryce Brown last year? Pretty costly fumble against Kansas City huh? Couldn't get much going against the Jets or the Dolphins, right? Aha!! You HATE him. You have given up on him. You have labeled him a bust. You are telling everyone that there is no chance he ever develops into a reliable starting RB in this league. You are rooting against him. You have a predisposition against him and will be lining up with a proverbial pitchfork if he ever misses a hole.

OR do you recognize he has some great tools but he needs to get his head right and put it together? Is it fair to say that if Bryce Brown turns into a stud this year and runs wild if McCoy gets hurt that that you would be happy? Like you wouldn't root against him, right? But is it also fair to say that you kind of don't see that happening? You sure now? You sure you don't hate him? Do you want to pull out any statistics about how he ran really well behind the right guard on second down in the third quarter last year to prove to me that he's actually already quite good and I'm a jerk for even being skeptical about him? You still have the Marrone card ya know. Or you can tell me that Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles have had bad games too.

Any of this registering?

And as far as the guy who said that only 4-5 QB's have a 50%+ chance of being their team's starting QB in two years? What?

I would've used TJ Graham over Bryce Brown, but great point Metz.

lol I was thinking it had to with being brainless (strawman in wizard of oz)

I couldn't get my photo to post right, but that's where I wanted to take it. We seem to have plenty of "strawmen" of this variety. Maybe I qualify since I couldn't get the pic right?

Dude I don't think EJ will succeed and I also haven't given up on him. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Jeezus F-ing Christ - talk about a WTF moment

PLEASE PASS THE CRACK PIPE!!!!

seriously you have to share the drugs you are on!!!

that is pure bull ****

you can pretend all you want. you sir are fooling no one.

Listen man, why don't you read my big long last post that spells out how exactly what I think about this rather than continuously skipping over my posts and then telling me what I think.

Jeezus F-ing Christ - talk about a WTF moment

PLEASE PASS THE CRACK PIPE!!!!

seriously you have to share the drugs you are on!!!

I'm gonna try this again here because- and I mean this with all due respect as you seem like a wonderful guy- I get the sense that you have difficulty grasping concepts that come rather easily to most others.

Have you ever gone out with girls before? I go out with girls a lot. I'm perpetually single (this is part of the Bills analogy so try and follow along). Anyway sometimes I'll go on a date with a girl and I'll say, ya know what? I don't really think this one's happening. Realistically, the chances of me marrying this girl are probably pretty slim. However, there were some things I did like about her- maybe we had a few things in common that could form the basis for something or maybe she simply had a great rack- so I would go out with her again, sure.

So in the above example, both of the following things hold true:

a) I think the chances of this girl and I ending up together long term are less than likely.

b) I would go out with her again; I haven't totally given up on the idea that perhaps on our next date we will uncover some synergies that weren't there on our first date and maybe, just maybe, there could be something there.

This is a tremendous analogy. If you can't understand this, I am at a complete loss and I can't help you.

I am guessing you will come back with a very combative two sentence response telling me in another one of your creative ways that I really hate EJ and I just won't admit it, making it blatantly obvious that you didn't even take the time to read what I wrote. We shall see.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

so wait and see?

That's what I proposed but this thread is composed mainly of people wanting to prove to those who are taking the wait-and-see approach that we are stupid for not seeing the light- that because Marrone was a bad coach, it should be clear that he's going to be really good. At least that is my understanding.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That's what I proposed but this thread is composed mainly of people wanting to prove to those who are taking the wait-and-see approach that we are stupid for not seeing the light- that because Marrone was a bad coach, it should be clear that he's going to be really good. At least that is my understanding.

Don't forget the "He Sucks and Doesn't Stand a Chance" crowd. Someone will be right in the end, but not necessarily because they were smarter than the rest. It's like a bad shooter in basketball - sometimes it goes in... because it has to come down somewhere.

Time will tell and I'm just hoping for the best. I have concerns, but no one really knows yet.

I dont think there is an answer . yet.

Maybe some folks are anxious to come to a conclusion when the answer does not need to be rushed?

and at this point we have 3 options and Simms.

i can only hope either EJ Manuel can develop or Tyrod just need the opportunity to shine.

I dont even mind if Rex plays both of them!'

Just give the team a chance to win. looking forward to TC !!

Go Bills!

Guys - what the heck happened to letting a young QB develop by learning from mistakes? Of course there will be bad games, horrible ones. That's how guys get better. Wtf?

Don't disagree at all. That being said, do you think it's OK for someone to say, if I had to guess if it's going to work out for him, I would guess yes or no? My contention here is that people get so defensive about EJ and say "how could we even possibly make so much as a prediction about the guy, we know nothing yet" but then in another thread say, "well of course the verdict is in for Geno Smith, the guy is a joke."

Don't disagree at all. That being said, do you think it's OK for someone to say, if I had to guess if it's going to work out for him, I would guess yes or no? My contention here is that people get so defensive about EJ and say "how could we even possibly make so much as a prediction about the guy, we know nothing yet" but then in another thread say, "well of course the verdict is in for Geno Smith, the guy is a joke."

You don't think it's easier to form an opinion on a guy whose sample size is over twice as large as the other's?