The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

No, Democrats in a general election won't be afraid to go after Trump on rounding up 11 million people Gestapo like. trump would be beaten in a general election. He would get no where in the Democratic nomination fight. He is a Republican for a reason. Obama, you have the power! Use it!

You haven't considered that 200 million Americans might think its a good idea.

That's what it seemed like to me, which of course isn't true. More like about 50-100 million .

I've think that the majority of Americans would be much more receptive to the idea of retaining most illegal aliens if there was more integration and assimilation into our culture on their part. That's where I believe the resolution to the issue lies. Most people understand the need and desire on the part of those jumping the border to have a better life, but they're obviously limiting themselves by not assimilating. A certain amount of that is due to the fact that they're here illegally, and remain 'hidden' within their communities so that they don't get caught, but a lot of it is due to a stubborn streak many have (and I have seen this many times myself) to retain their Latino heritage. I believe we could make major headway on resolving the issue if we could find a way around that stumbling block. It's obviously beyond impractical to deport several million people, and it's pointless with the ease that many would have in returning anyway.

I've think that the majority of Americans would be much more receptive to the idea of retaining most illegal aliens if there was more integration and assimilation into our culture on their part. That's where I believe the resolution to the issue lies. Most people understand the need and desire on the part of those jumping the border to have a better life, but they're obviously limiting themselves by not assimilating. A certain amount of that is due to the fact that they're here illegally, and remain 'hidden' within their communities so that they don't get caught, but a lot of it is due to a stubborn streak many have (and I have seen this many times myself) to retain their Latino heritage. I believe we could make major headway on resolving the issue if we could find a way around that stumbling block. It's obviously beyond impractical to deport several million people, and it's pointless with the ease that many would have in returning anyway.

Yeah. But, I've spoken to a lot of people who almost revel at the idea of wanting to deport these people back home. People who I know as ok people, but when it comes to this issue, their blood boils and they have no regard for the life they have here. Yes, they came here illegally, yes, there needs to be a solution to limit the inflow but by in large, they are good people just like you and me who want to better their lives.

That's what makes the U.S the greatest nation on the planet. We have more people that want to come here to this country to achieve the American dream. In other words, the people that come are looking to be productive. Sure, there are some like the ones that are assimilated here that don't want to lead productive lives, but I bet you if there was an honest stat that indicated the % of immigrants that come to the country legally or illegally vs the people that are already here, that those that are coming here have a stronger desire to work.

This debate makes me want to pull out my hair. I don't think a lot of you guys realize this, we are witnessing right now the structural collapse of the future Latino vote for Republicans. The rhetoric is ugly, I'm not one to cry foul on PC stuff, but with the emergence of Trump, it's like whoever says the most offensive comment gets Kudos for being non PC.

Take it from someone who lives in Miami, who has tons of latino friends, who keeps up with mainstream latino culture. Trump is public enemy #1. And now half the GOP field is following down this rabbit hole along with him. They look like a bunch of pandering wimps. People say, "ah, look at Bush or Rubio pander to latinos". Think about that for a second. Pandering to Latinos? Hello, being anything that could be viewed as amnesty is TOXIC within the GOP. That's guts, not pandering. The panderers are people like Trump, Walker, Santorum and Carson among others. There is nothing easier in politics for a GOP candidate to have a hardline stance on immigration.

I'm not going to lie to you, this whole debate, specially over the past couple weeks has now ventured into a whole new realm. And it's no bueno, for the GOP with latino voters. Cubans use to be solidly GOP. That's no longer the case. The younger cubans who don't feel the passions of their parents about the Castro regime don't have the allegiance to the GOP as they do. They look at the GOP as a bunch of white people who look down upon them.

They see this debate about the "anchor baby", and while a bunch of people cheer on the politicans "YAAAA! Anchor Baby! " and they say "ok, !@#$ you".

The decline of the Latino began during the contentious summer that Bush tried to pass immigration reform and the talk radio rhetoric was hot. That began the decline... Went from the low to mid 40%'s to McCains low 30%'s to Romney's 27%.....Where do you think it will be next election?

The rhetoric is deplorable right now. It's worse than at any point that I can ever remember. Even if Bush or Rubio were to get the nomination, they'd be lucky to get 30%. The damage is done, now it's a matter of when does the healing part begin? The GOP has not hit rock bottom with the Latino vote, it's still sinking.

That's why an immigration bill needs to happen. Take this issue off the table. I just wish the rhetoric would be more inclusive, but at the same time remain firm on the principles of sealing up the border. Taking action to limit the inflows of illegal immigrants and then doing something providing some sort of legal status to those that are already here. That would be the best thing not just for the GOP but for the country.

This debate makes me want to pull out my hair. I don't think a lot of you guys realize this, we are witnessing right now the structural collapse of the future Latino vote for Republicans.

No kidding, because Hispanics prefer leftist policies.

For the most part, you have cause-and-effect backwards. California used to be a red state. Import too many Hispanics, and now it's a lock for the Dems.

Most Latin American countries are leftist. That's what they're used to.

No kidding, because Hispanics prefer leftist policies.

For the most part, you have cause-and-effect backwards. California used to be a red state. Import too many Hispanics, and now it's a lock for the Dems.

Most Latin American countries are leftist. That's what they're used to.

Get use to it, because the rhetoric coming out of the type of people you support are gonna turn this country into a leftist rainbow farting Utopia in no time.

Edited by Magox