Dareus seems keen on staying (update: Talks at a standstill)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when everyone was sure that he was a bust? Now everyone is freaking out because he hasn't signed a deal and only has one season remaining on his current deal. Relax. If I were Dareus I wouldn't sign anything yet either. He's widely considered in the conversation as the best defensive tackle. He's got another season to remove any doubt and then get paid. Anybody thinking he's going to sign for less than Suh did is dreaming. Somebody is going to pay him more. Whether that somebody will be/should be the Bills is a whole different conversation.

I have no idea. Do you think he had nothing to do with making our defense great. They were pretty poor the year before.

Pettines defenses are pretty poor when it comes to run stopping. The defense wasn't great... If it was it would be #1.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I dont care if we resign him or not.

I really dont.

Sure he is a great player. but DTs grow on trees lately. Extremely good ones come out each year and produce.

That being said , i would like to keep the band together. they are coming into their glory days. I think these four are really in tune with each other.

Really looking forward the havoc wreaked this year!!! should make the highlight reel every week!

Go Bills

I really dont.

Sure he is a great player. but DTs grow on trees lately. Extremely good ones come out each year and produce.

That being said , i would like to keep the band together. they are coming into their glory days. I think these four are really in tune with each other.

Really looking forward the havoc wreaked this year!!! should make the highlight reel every week!

Go Bills

I think you underestimate the importance of keeping Dareus, especially as Kyle is nearing retirement, and Mario not long after him.

I think you underestimate the importance of keeping Dareus, especially as Kyle is nearing retirement, and Mario not long after him.

No i dont think i do.

I am very aware of Kyle being long in the tooth. and Mario has a window too.

I wouldn't pay Suh either.

Yet another reason i am not the GM. so we have Dareus for one more season?

are you saying Red Bryant cant fill that a/ b shade gap?

I really dont.

Go Bills

How can someone honestly not care if Dareus is retained or not? Or think that players like him are easy to come by? Unreal. I have no idea of how to respond to such stupidity. He'd be a huge, huge loss to the Bills in the near term and the long term.

Also, I stand by my assertion that spending like the Bills have on Clay and Shady might come back to haunt them when trying to retain players like Dareus, Glenn, etc. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I think it's likely.

No i dont think i do.

I am very aware of Kyle being long in the tooth. and Mario has a window too.

I wouldn't pay Suh either.

Yet another reason i am not the GM. so we have Dareus for one more season?

are you saying Red Bryant cant fill that a/ b shade gap?

Who would you pay and why? Why not just let everyone go after their rookie contracts expire.

Who would you pay and why? Why not just let everyone go after their rookie contracts expire.

Its a legitimate question. The dolphins weren't lucky enough to draft Suh, but they signed him anyway. For the same money they could have gotten Jimmy Graham and Ngata. In truth Dareus has had one good season on the level of several of Suh's seasons. I am not sure the Bills have any compelling reason to pay him that much money until they see if it extends into this season. They still have the franchise tag.

How can someone honestly not care if Dareus is retained or not? Or think that players like him are easy to come by? Unreal. I have no idea of how to respond to such stupidity. He'd be a huge, huge loss to the Bills in the near term and the long term.

Also, I stand by my assertion that spending like the Bills have on Clay and Shady might come back to haunt them when trying to retain players like Dareus, Glenn, etc. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I think it's likely.

so you just called me stupid. well done. i think we can stop there

Bills have already done that. we all have suffered that.

I was hoping someone would ask this question.

When Marcel was drafted 3 i jumped out of my seat and yelled with joy. That was my man.

And i have followed his every step and mis step.

Now answer me this? why do you assume i am letting every one go after the rook contract is coming up?

Surely i have not implied that have I?

I keep Glenn. I might keep Gilmore too.

Methinks since we finally have Coaching there are workarounds to having 4 guys up front who are all superstars in my eyes.

This is very rare indeed, and an indulgence.

Love M D. Great Kid turned his challenged life around.

But damn he is going to cost alot. and it does not matter this year, because we have the 4 elite, if t not the Best defensive front in football period.

Managing the team does not mean Bills must have Dareus to win. Thats my point. its not about money or the Man. I think coaching and good drafting allows for a fluid roster that can excel.

i am a Thurman Rex fan that they do more with a bit less.

Let no one think i am not a huge fan of Mr. Big Stuff. not my point

Did Houston make out better letting Mario walk away a FA ?

It was a risk they decided on. but that is another story.

It took two years for Bills to reap the reward of gaining the highest paid defensive player in the NFL BTW. Of course he has proven his worth. But how often can you do that?

So another point is if Mario was gone or Kyle were gone, i would not even have brought this subject up for dialogue> because MD would be critical to retain

Edited by 3rdand12

In 4 years in the league:

Marcel has more sacks

Marcel has more tackles

Tied on forced fumbles

More Fumble Recoveries

More Pass Deflections

0 INT's to Suh's 1

Tied on blocked kicks

This while Dareus has competed against other teammates on one of the best DL's on average of the last 4 years. Suh was by himself in Detroit, which is saying something that he was often double and triple teamed - but Dareus has been doubled just as much.

Suh was not "BY HIMSELF". They spent plenty of draft capital putting players around him on that DLine.

Suh was not "BY HIMSELF". They spent plenty of draft capital putting players around him on that DLine.

It might be interesting to watch how the Lions front does this year. and also how the Dolphins do.

Dont like him but he is a power to be reckoned with regardless of his surrounding cast

Bills have already done that. we all have suffered that.

I was hoping someone would ask this question.

When Marcel was drafted 3 i jumped out of my seat and yelled with joy. That was my man.

And i have followed his every step and mis step.

Now answer me this? why do you assume i am letting every one go after the rook contract is coming up?

Surely i have not implied that have I?

I keep Glenn. I might keep Gilmore too.

Methinks since we finally have Coaching there are workarounds to having 4 guys up front who are all superstars in my eyes.

This is very rare indeed, and an indulgence.

Love M D. Great Kid turned his challenged life around.

But damn he is going to cost alot. and it does not matter this year, because we have the 4 elite, if t not the Best defensive front in football period.

Managing the team does not mean Bills must have Dareus to win. Thats my point. its not about money or the Man. I think coaching and good drafting allows for a fluid roster that can excel.

i am a Thurman Rex fan that they do more with a bit less.

Let no one think i am not a huge fan of Mr. Big Stuff. not my point

It was a risk they decided on. but that is another story.

It took two years for Bills to reap the reward of gaining the highest paid defensive player in the NFL BTW. Of course he has proven his worth. But how often can you do that?

So another point is if Mario was gone or Kyle were gone, i would not even have brought this subject up for dialogue> because MD would be critical to retain

I was being a bit sarcastic , you're not sure about signing Dareus, you wouldn't have signed Suh, was getting the impression that you didn't believe in the big deals. You also mentioned you thought good DT's come out of the draft every year, giving me the impression you see no problem using young players, rookies....and not to worry about players who require big bucks.

Its a legitimate question. The dolphins weren't lucky enough to draft Suh, but they signed him anyway. For the same money they could have gotten Jimmy Graham and Ngata. In truth Dareus has had one good season on the level of several of Suh's seasons. I am not sure the Bills have any compelling reason to pay him that much money until they see if it extends into this season. They still have the franchise tag.

They couldn't have gotten Graham, he was not a FA. Ngata is on the backend of his career. Suh makes more sense.