Dareus seems keen on staying (update: Talks at a standstill)

It is my understanding that many, many people who work at One Bills Drive were VERY happy when Marrone "opted out."

I defended the guy for way too long. I was really upset when he quit on the team and felt like a fool defending him.

It turns out that Marrone's opting out was the best thing to happen to the Buffalo Bills in a long time.

I could have written this myself. My feelings exactly.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have written this myself. My feelings exactly.

in hindsight. me too.

there were signs for sure. but i was "all IN" and Hackett too.

Best thing to happen since El Pegual a whopping few months earlier

and the worm turns.

nice marketing Brandon! yay: ( . assmi=unch

Best thing to happen to our Bills was obviously Pegula . who saw through whatever the hell was going on and then veryquickly? found us a Rex.

man i am lookin forward to Marrones and or Hacketts memoirs o the time with Buffalo

i think he will get something in between McCoy and Suh. Because he just turned 25, they could make it a 7 yr deal and have him throughout his prime.

That's a huge gap. Only 7 players in the NFL have higher paying contracts than Suh - and all of them are QBs.

Suh - 6 years, $114M, $60M guaranteed ($19M/yr)

McCoy - 7 years, $95.2M, $14.8 guaranteed ($13.6M/yr)

I'm sticking very close to McCoy's numbers if I'm Whaley.

That's a huge gap. Only 7 players in the NFL have higher paying contracts than Suh - and all of them are QBs.

Suh - 6 years, $114M, $60M guaranteed ($19M/yr)

McCoy - 7 years, $95.2M, $14.8 guaranteed ($13.6M/yr)

I'm sticking very close to McCoy's numbers if I'm Whaley.

i would go way up on the gtd $ wrt to the McCoy deal. He only got 14.8 gtd? Hughes got like 20 or 22. I'd give Dareus 7 yrs 100 mill, 40 mill gtd. But hey I'm El Pegual and my yaht cost 75mill so sounds like a Bargain! Edited by YoloinOhio

It is my understanding that many, many people who work at One Bills Drive were VERY happy when Marrone "opted out."

I defended the guy for way too long. I was really upset when he quit on the team and felt like a fool defending him.

It turns out that Marrone's opting out was the best thing to happen to the Buffalo Bills in a long time.

Did we win more than 9 games yet?

i would go way up on the gtd $ wrt to the McCoy deal. He only got 14.8 gtd? Hughes got like 20 or 22. I'd give Dareus 7 yrs 100 mill, 40 mill gtd. But hey I'm El Pegual and my yaht cost 75mill so sounds like a Bargain!

It's a tough guy to go huge guarantees with. He's risky, despite huge upside.

Yeah, has he grown up, or just wised up so he can get the big deal? Time will tell. But he can be a BEAST!

i would go way up on the gtd $ wrt to the McCoy deal. He only got 14.8 gtd? Hughes got like 20 or 22. I'd give Dareus 7 yrs 100 mill, 40 mill gtd. But hey I'm El Pegual and my yaht cost 75mill so sounds like a Bargain!

Yeah, that low guaranteed amount for McCoy is very surprising. I'd be fine with Dareus getting a similar total over the same length of contract, but with a much higher guarantee. My only caveat is that I would want any guaranteed salary to become non-guaranteed in the event of a suspension.

Yeah, that low guaranteed amount for McCoy is very surprising. I'd be fine with Dareus getting a similar total over the same length of contract, but with a much higher guarantee. My only caveat is that I would want any guaranteed salary to become non-guaranteed in the event of a suspension.

it seems like a lot but I do think he is worth it. I think Mario was worth his as well. They are both game changing 1st team all pro defenders. When you don't have a good QB, it makes guys like Dareus even more valuable to the franchise imo.

Did we win more than 9 games yet?

Well no but, you know we did beat the Pats at the end right? :flirt:

I'll never forget the day that Dareus fell to us in the draft. I was so stoked!!! & still feel blessed about it.

II 'll never forget it either. I was in the field house for the draft day party and Carolina drafted some guy in a hoodie and I thought oh oh, we're gonna do something stupid now. I was jumping up and down like a fool when we drafted Mr. Big Stuff! I felt like we finally smartened up at that moment.

That moment didn't last too long but it was still a moment I'll never forget. Thank you Buddy :w00t:

I think he'd be risky if it wasn't very easy to identify from where his issues arose. To me, the much riskier guys are the ones who act out for no reason at all. The sort of personal tragedy Dareus has dealt with is unbelievable; it seems as though his brother getting shot was the "last straw" that pushed him over the edge for a time. It appears now that he has made the requisite changes in his life and surrounded himself with the right people so he will not slip backwards.

I'd have no issue with the Bills giving him a massive deal. He's that good, and as all of his teammates have said, he's also a good person with a good heart.

I think he'd be risky if it wasn't very easy to identify from where his issues arose. To me, the much riskier guys are the ones who act out for no reason at all. The sort of personal tragedy Dareus has dealt with is unbelievable; it seems as though his brother getting shot was the "last straw" that pushed him over the edge for a time. It appears now that he has made the requisite changes in his life and surrounded himself with the right people so he will not slip backwards.

I'd have no issue with the Bills giving him a massive deal. He's that good, and as all of his teammates have said, he's also a good person with a good heart.

My worry, as much if not more than spice and drag racing, is weight. And he's worried me with it before his brother. If you give him 40m guaranteed and he shows up 20lbs heavy he could still be a nice guy but end up a poor value. He's earned question marks about disciplined decision making. If we give him the massive guaranteed dollars I'll be thrilled we kept him, take it as a sign that the positive stories are more than just stories, and hold my breath a little because it'll be a little risky is all.

My worry, as much if not more than spice and drag racing, is weight. And he's worried me with it before his brother. If you give him 40m guaranteed and he shows up 20lbs heavy he could still be a nice guy but end up a poor value. He's earned question marks about disciplined decision making. If we give him the massive guaranteed dollars I'll be thrilled we kept him, take it as a sign that the positive stories are more than just stories, and hold my breath a little because it'll be a little risky is all.

Understood. Another factor for me is that he really, genuinely seems to love playing.

which other presumptions on this site aren't accurate?

It's actually comforting that the Bills were going to upgrade the offensive staff regardless.

I meant lots of presumptions about Marrone and why he left, not other Bills-related topics that I am aware of. Basically the notion that Marrone quit simply because he thought he was going to get tons of offers elsewhere, he was too cool for the Bills, he wanted to make $4 million to do nothing, he quit on the players, etc. Like I said, I can tell you why he quit and he feels bad about it. At the end of the day, it worked out for all parties involved including us Bills fans.

Moron didn't run the defense (thank God)

you can do better than that. funny as, it was it isn't very truthful my friend.

what is more believable - Moron didn't want EJ (period) and after seeing how bad Orton was, he said :censored: -IT, I quit.

Oh BTW

Good for him (MD) believing in Rex

Don't ever question my Bills sources ever again. Are we clear?

I meant lots of presumptions about Marrone and why he left, not other Bills-related topics that I am aware of. Basically the notion that Marrone quit simply because he thought he was going to get tons of offers elsewhere, he was too cool for the Bills, he wanted to make $4 million to do nothing, he quit on the players, etc. Like I said, I can tell you why he quit and he feels bad about it. At the end of the day, it worked out for all parties involved including us Bills fans.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you're saying he quit because he wasn't willing to make changes to improve a putrid offense? If true, he's an even bigger dolt than I thought, and that still doesn't address the widespread chatter about how miserable the atmosphere was at OBD under Marrone's watch.

Sounds like it became a pissing match between Marrone and Whaley over the way the offense should be run, and Whaley won (as he should have).

I'm really sorry Marrone "feels bad" about quitting his job and earning $4M -- cry me a river.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you're saying he quit because he wasn't willing to make changes to improve a putrid offense? If true, he's an even bigger dolt than I thought, and that still doesn't address the widespread chatter about how miserable the atmosphere was at OBD under Marrone's watch.

Sounds like it became a pissing match between Marrone and Whaley over the way the offense should be run, and Whaley won (as he should have).

I'm really sorry Marrone "feels bad" about quitting his job and earning $4M -- cry me a river.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I never said I feel bad for him. But there is a misconception amongst the fans as to why he left. I'm not saying it really even matters.

Edited by metzelaars_lives