What 5 QBs are top of your list to start a team today

Agreed that 3-3 for his first 3 years is really good. I'm much more impressed with 6-2 and 1 ring though, Wilson's my pick.

That's fair, at least you have Luck in your top 5. Or at least I'm assuming.

The OL looks great for Lynch because Wilson is such a threat to pull and run/pass. Having to account for his threat is like an extra two blockers for Lynch.

Tate is a good #2. Baldwin is decent, but having him as a #1 means that the corps is bad. Brady wasn't throwing for that much more than Wilson his first three years either, and definitely didn't have the production with his legs that Wilson does. Let's also not forget that defense is as big of a reason why Brady won those titles as Wilson's D was. I think Brady is top 3 all time. I don't think Wilson is there, but it's early and to say he's overrated is just not something I can agree with at all.

This is precisely why BF4E calls you a troll. WE GET IT. You don't like EJ. You don't need to inject your belief that he isn't good into every discussion.

I don't dislike EJ Manuel nor do I want to turn this into another dreaded EJ thread. Simply offering some perspective. You got a guy who is overtly optimistic about EJ Manuel but thinks Russell Wilson is merely "solid to good." Found it comical, that's all.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has Luck accomplished that Ryan hasn't?

both have division win(s) and playoff win(s)

Maybe I don't like his neck beard.

It's literally got to be the neck beard.

Luck is more physically gifted, mentally gifted, done more with less and done it in less time. Any knock you have on luck hits Ryan just as bad if not worse.

Mobility? Lucks both bigger and still faster. He has more yards in his career already.

Bad playoff losses? 26-40 for 199 yards? The following year a 48-21 loss? Then a 24-2 playoff loss?

It's fine to have opinions but when you make up supporting arguments out of thin air....

1. Please stop throwing the word "troll" around so haphazardly.

Internet Troll

A person whose purpose is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over issues.

Keep arguing and you fit this description.

That was two years ago when the Saints had an historically bad defense.

And Russell Wilson is not just "solid to good." He is a top ten QB in the NFL right now by any calculation. He could very well be top five. I'm really starting to question whether or not people actually watch the guy play. His career passer rating is 98.6, which would place him second all time- behind only Aaron Rodgers- if he played enough to qualify. Add to that his running abilities and leadership qualities and he's really, really good. Only on twobillsdrive can people be critical about Russell freaking Wilson and have such baseless blind faith in EJ Manuel.

Again you bring up EJ into this topic. Your assumption is that the EJ supporters find no faults with EJ.

curious .... Did anyone list EJ before you mentioned him?

I believe K9 did.

what's funny is that some of the people who love to argue passing yards as being important are trashing Matt Ryan who was 5th in passing yards in 2014 and 4th in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2014/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2013

When Matt had a solid running game and a good TE on the field with him that team was pretty good.

what's funny is that some of the people who love to argue passing yards as being important are trashing Matt Ryan who was 5th in passing yards in 2014 and 4th in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2014/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2013

When Matt had a solid running game and a good TE on the field with him that team was pretty good.

I like Ryan a lot. I had a difficult time leaving him out of my top 5. He is way underrated.

With that being said there isn't one thing that he does better than Luck. He doesn't have the physical skills or production of Luck. I think that Luck looks stupid (and talks stupid) but he is a great QB. It is criminal to not have him in the top 5.

I like Ryan a lot. I had a difficult time leaving him out of my top 5. He is way underrated.

With that being said there isn't one thing that he does better than Luck. He doesn't have the physical skills or production of Luck. I think that Luck looks stupid (and talks stupid) but he is a great QB. It is criminal to not have him in the top 5.

Ryan is way underrated I believe for a good stretch no QB had more 4th quarter or OT wins than Ryan.

Puts up good numbers and is cool under pressure. If he had a D and/or a running game...well he would not be underrated.

Tough to make a list of 5 really. I don't think that anyone would argue against Luck and Rodgers. They've both been outstanding on teams that have struggled a bit defensively. Arguably, they could be cited as the only reason they're winning games. I would add Brees because he's been consistently productive no matter who has been around him. Matt Ryan has certainly been the benefactor of having great receivers and a perennial pro bowl tight end around him, but he would be my fourth pick. After that, there's a lot of guys that to me look the same.

Ryan is way underrated I believe for a good stretch no QB had more 4th quarter or OT wins than Ryan.

Puts up good numbers and is cool under pressure. If he had a D and/or a running game...well he would not be underrated.

to be fair, over that stretch i dont think i ever saw a team get luckier more consistently, but i otherwise agree that hes better than given credit for

Internet Troll

A person whose purpose is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over issues.

Keep arguing and you fit this description.

Again you bring up EJ into this topic. Your assumption is that the EJ supporters find no faults with EJ.

curious .... Did anyone list EJ before you mentioned him?

Is that the Merriam-Webster definition? My interpretation of a troll is someone who posts things so utterly preposterous that the only conclusion a sane individual could reach is that the person making said posts could not possibly be serious and that their sole intent is to elicit a response from others. For someone who is interested in football enough to spend hours a day on a website devoted only to football to come on that website and tell the world that they would not take Andrew Luck in their top 5 quarterbacks to build a franchise around is not a rational thought. It is not an opinion to be valued the same way mine or the rest of the sane posters' are. It is an opinion so incredibly and egregiously preposterous that I am convinced that you yourself- not I- are the one trolling. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Is that the Merriam-Webster definition? My interpretation of a troll is someone who posts things so utterly preposterous that the only conclusion a sane individual could reach is that the person making said posts could not possibly be serious and that their sole intent is to elicit a response from others. For someone who is interested in football enough to spend hours a day on a website devoted only to football to come on that website and tell the world that they would not take Andrew Luck in their top 5 quarterbacks to build a franchise around is not a rational thought. It is not an opinion to be valued the same way mine or the rest of the sane posters' are. It is an opinion so incredibly and egregiously preposterous that I am convinced that you yourself- not I- are the one trolling.

That's always been my interpretation and I'll admit that his often read that way but I am not sure it's intentional

I listed my 5.

Luck would be 6th.

(maybe that will pacify those being overly critical)

For someone who is interested in football enough to spend hours a day on a website devoted only to football to come on that website and tell the world that they would ... waa waa waa waa waa waa waa .

I've been our of work for 3 months. what's your excuse for being here every day?

Luck certainly is at the top of this list. But with anything, he is becoming overrated. He plays in maybe the worst division in the NFL, turns the ball over a lot, & has been bad against the Pats.

I definitely see him winning a SB and a possible HOF career. But to take him over Rodgers at this point is getting caught up in the hype.

I listed my 5.

Luck would be 6th.

(maybe that will pacify those being overly critical)

I've been our of work for 3 months. what's your excuse for being here every day?

Sorry to hear that. I actually do most of my posting at work. :)

Luck certainly is at the top of this list. But with anything, he is becoming overrated. He plays in maybe the worst division in the NFL, turns the ball over a lot, & has been bad against the Pats.

I definitely see him winning a SB and a possible HOF career. But to take him over Rodgers at this point is getting caught up in the hype.

Sorry to hear that. I actually do most of my posting at work. :)

Agreed that he is at the top of this list because of his age and also agreed that he is not Aaron Rodgers quite yet. I'm not sure anyone thinks he is. But the guy was as big a prospect and as sure of a bet as there has been coming into the league in as long as I can remember. Maybe ever?? He has prototypical size, he went to Stanford, his dad played in the NFL and he can run. And three years in, he has hasn't disappointed one bit. I would say he is right at expectations so far- I wouldn't even say that he has exceeded them. He is going to be the best QB in the league once the big 4 is gone for a long, long time. He is going to win a Super Bowl, if not several. I think today he is the third best QB in the NFL behind Brady and Rodgers. We'll see what happens this year. If he improves on last year's 4761/40/16 performance, perhaps he can achieve Matt Ryan status.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

to be fair, over that stretch i dont think i ever saw a team get luckier more consistently, but i otherwise agree that hes better than given credit for

Shoot how many games did our Bills get 'lucky' in during the SB years?

I get what you are saying but you also have to be in position to be the beneficiary of 'luck'.