Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabres add Eichel, O'Reilly, Lehner to speed rebuild

By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Senior Writer

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Buffalo Sabres general manager Tim Murray isn't a fan of talking in hypotheticals, but even he knows Friday could be remembered as an unprecedented day.

"Hey, it's exciting, it's exciting," Murray said. "We've gotta get ready for [saturday], but we did hit some targets today, and that's satisfying when you can do that."

If Friday only featured the selection of Boston University forward Jack Eichel with the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft at BB&T Center, that might have been enough to be considered one of the most important days in Sabres history. But Murray built on it by acquiring forwards Ryan O'Reilly, Jamie McGinn and David Legwand, and goalie Robin Lehner in separate trades.

I haven't followed... Is he going to wear #15 or is that a promo?

He can't wear #2... That was Timmy Horton. BUT #2 would have been gr8! :lol:

Who wore Sabres #15?

Mike Boland has to be the biggest?

Adam Creighton

Yvon Lambert (1982)

Rob McClanahan

Danius Zubrus

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=15

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I hope folks realize that 2015 has been the greatest year in Buffalo sports history. Nothing even close.

Okay, I am going to be a real prince here

But I clearly remember someone going off the rails when several of us were hoping, praying, lighting candles etc that Marrone would actually take the opt out.....and when it came to fruition someone named after a beloved Buffalo children's character chastising us " that you all got what you deserved today., and will rue the day we chased a winning coach out the door. Buffalo fans can never be happy, and I hope the Bills lose next year"""" hmmm wonder who that was

Edited by plenzmd1