Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Just like Schoop and the Bulldog basing their whole show yesterday on whether they would trade #2 plus a lot up to get #1, I think the standing ovation thinking is premature.

This thing is so far from being over - mainly because - Toronto!

I didn't mind rooting for Arizona, they're a Western Conference team with no fan base to even have an opinion on. Rooting for the Leafs however, that's gonna be hard.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I just look at it this way...

If you have a team in the desert and still can not get fans in to a frozen arena then you dont deserve to have an NHL team

CBF

Houston had an AHL team that averaged 8,000 a game, which was like 8th place in the league. But the city of Houston is mostly transplants like myself.

I used to love the story that went something like this: Jack Kent Cooke kept pushing for a team in Los Angeles. One of his arguments was that there "are 300,000 Canadians living in Los Angeles."....He got the team in the '67 expansion. And, the attendance was horrible.............Then he said "No wonder all these people left Canada. They hate hockey!"

I used to let that bother me. I guess I've grown softer and just learned to accept them at this point. I do hate the Panthers though. I see them on the schedule and its instantly a game I could care less to attend. Boring. It sucks watching a game when you know that there are no fans on the other side watching the game save a few hundred people maybe in Miami? They are like nothing games. No history. Crap uniforms. No atmosphere. Do away with em.

Traveling today and just got to Vogls column. Man, I think this Season ) can end really ugly for this team. By that I mean if the players keep celebrating every win like it s a Stanley cup and kinda throwing it in the fan faces.....just think it can put a big schism between the fans and players still here next year.

Don't like this at all. Just no winner at all.... Players, fans, management

Traveling today and just got to Vogls column. Man, I think this Season ) can end really ugly for this team. By that I mean if the players keep celebrating every win like it s a Stanley cup and kinda throwing it in the fan faces.....just think it can put a big schism between the fans and players still here next year.

Don't like this at all. Just no winner at all.... Players, fans, management

Would THAT be ironic?

This is exactly what I would wish upon any other city/team/fans that were doing this....pretty sure many people here would too.

Listen, I am done with Watkins. Have no idea why he posts when he says he hopes a Buffalo team gets screwed on a Buffalo sports board. Just trolling and I am done getting worked up ....I was an idiot for getting worked up on the weekend over his posts...just feeding what he wants. Think if we all just ignore he will go away.

Hoppe tweeting Ritso out sick tonight, Lindbach starting, Ennis in.

Hmm, Risto out sick...interesting.

And if freaking Mezarous is a plus player tonight and scores again.....don't think my dog will be happy to live in my house.

I won't reply to Watkins, that's for sure.

This whole thing seems to be driven by the Buffalo News. They wanted their story on Thursday, and the crowd was not nearly what they made it out to be. But, they were going to stick to their story, no matter the facts.

Now, the players seem to have got fired up by them. Asking the same question over and over.

Listen, I am done with Watkins. Have no idea why he posts when he says he hopes a Buffalo team gets screwed on a Buffalo sports board. Just trolling and I am done getting worked up ....I was an idiot for getting worked up on the weekend over his posts...just feeding what he wants. Think if we all just ignore he will go away.

Hoppe tweeting Ritso out sick tonight, Lindbach starting, Ennis in.

Hmm, Risto out sick...interesting.

And if freaking Mezarous is a plus player tonight and scores again.....don't think my dog will be happy to live in my house.

That's exactly what I didn't say.

I said it's "what I would wish upon any other city/team/fans that were doing this" and that most here would too.

Was just on SS, one of the mods over there reporting that Pysyk is still not doing full workouts ( remember he collapsed playing BB) and their is still no diagnosis of what happened...kinda scary I am sure for him..

And I think he is a big part of the future here.

Was just on SS, one of the mods over there reporting that Pysyk is still not doing full workouts ( remember he collapsed playing BB) and their is still no diagnosis of what happened...kinda scary I am sure for him..

And I think he is a big part of the future here.

This really is worrisome. I can't really think of anybody that this has happened to.

Man, I just listened to Hamilton on GR. Talking about how happy the players were to " stick it to the fans". How he has not seen a Sabre team celebrate like that since a playoff series win.

This is not going to end well fellas, think some bridges are going to be permanently burned.

I mean think of what they are saying....we have extra motivation now to win games to spite our fans, and are trying really now to do that. Cause our pride was hurt.

Where was that pride when you lost 17 in a row ... We're you not giving max effort then....as your coach has continually claimed.

Arghhh this is just passing me off to no end.

Edited by plenzmd1

Man, I just listened to Hamilton on GR. Talking about how happy the players were to " stick it to the fans". How he has not seen a Sabre team celebrate like that since a playoff series win.

This is not going to end well fellas, think some bridges are going to be permanently burned.

I mean think of what they are saying....we have extra motivation now to win games to spite our fans, and are trying really now to do that. Cause our pride was hurt.

Where was that pride when you lost 17 in a row ... We're you not giving max effort then....as your coach has continually claimed.

Hmmm...maybe something HERE will be considered ironic?
I am certain there is some irony somewhere in this whole tanking thing. Yolo, what do you think...ironic yet?