Cheektowaga is in mourning tonight

I do t get the reference to cheektowaga?

Pink Flamingo's have been associated with "Cheektovegas" forever, a lot like the screens people put on their garages that turn their garage into a living room for the summer months. Both, for some reason, are distinctly a Cheektowaga thing.

Pink Flamingo's have been associated with "Cheektovegas" forever, a lot like the screens people put on their garages that turn their garage into a living room for the summer months. Both, for some reason, are distinctly a Cheektowaga thing.

Polish porches.

Doesn't even need the carpet. Great-Aunt just had a lacquered/painted floor with the specs. Was actually really nice in the summer.

I'm in Queensbury and I've seen a couple. Did your aunt still use the garage as a garage in the winter?

When I had my house in Syracuse, I found the screen panels next to the garage while clearing out some brush that had grown up through the years. Ended up putting an ad on Craigslist for free and someone came within two days and took them.

Not just "pink flamingos," but egregiously tacky and overdone lawn ornamentation. Like, "can't see the front lawn for the thirty flamingos, seventy lawn gnomes, three minature deer, and a Mary-on-the-half-shell" overdone. And occasionally a Santa...because at that point, why the !@#$ not?

I don't know how people in Cheektowaga tore themselves away from bowling and lawn fetes to put up such obsessive ornamentation.