Q&A: Confident EJ Manuel builds on adversity of 2014

I believe Rex said he looked good against a "watered down defense". Not quite the ringing endorsement from the HC.

He also said that it was unfair to put any of the QBs against their defense, especially the front four, doing what it is doing at this stage of the game because they have an unfair advantage.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It also makes absolutely no sense not to be rooting for a guy who seems to be such a hard worker and who has earned praise from his teammates. I'm not suggesting you aren't rooting for him, but it seems many on here are almost hoping he fails so they can be proven right.

:worthy: :worthy:

I believe Rex said he looked good against a "watered down defense". Not quite the ringing endorsement from the HC.

Hmmmm. I don't know if it was intended as an endorsement of the QB, I read it more as excitement about our D.

I think Rex is not going to be endorsing any QB until training camp. I think he wanted to see how they would each do against a less 'demonic' D and he got his answer.

What Schdope was missing, of course, was Rex was saying I am not going to get too high on one day of practice in shorts when a guy looks good, the same way I am not going to get down on a guy (like you imbeciles did) for one practice in shorts when he looks bad.

This, too. As well as perhaps saying "you guys are focused on how bad the QB are, maybe you should consider how good the D might be"

Edited by Hopeful

Hmmmm. I don't know if it was intended as an endorsement of the QB, I read it more as excitement about our D.

I think Rex is not going to be endorsing any QB until training camp. I think he wanted to see how they would each do against a less 'demonic' D and he got his answer.

This, too. As well as perhaps saying "you guys are focused on how bad the QB are, maybe you should consider how good the D might be"

Basically. He has said it will be a 3-man open competition in TC. Minicamp is just minicamp. Its OTAs. No pads. No Sammy. Rex is planning on the dual field thing with the 3 QBs and there are 6 weeks before we get there. Now Roman did say that he thought he might have an idea of who is ahead after OTAs but if that happened, he was going to keep it to himself. So I wonder if he does have a stack rank. I have to think that answer is yes. I doubt G-Ro thinks all of them are exactly the same at this point in time.

I've gotta stop listening to Schopp on my way home from work. I'm on the EJ optimism train, and he just keeps trying to derail it. Saying that it's obvious Rex doesn't like EJ because of his comments yesterday and that they probably aren't really even considering him. That EJ would have to be loads better. I know Schopp is full of crap, and yet, I let a little doubt creep in.

I think that you'd have to be a dimwitted person to think that (hence, the reason I don't listen to him). Rex knows that there's no point in publicly showing how genuinely happy he was with what Manuel did. If there are fans here that don't think that Rex is extremely pumped by what Manuel did then they can't see their noise despite their face. Rex and Roman are no doubt doing a happy dance because EJ looked awesome yesterday. It really is that simple. Rex downplayed it because he knows he'd look silly showing emotion from an OTA. He also knows that this is still the "hoping he's turned a corner" stage and yesterday's performance doesn't change that fact.

I would love for EJ to work out but last year scared me, I hope that Cassel can pull an Orten if needed and we don't miss the POs because of one bad EJ experiment game or something

Certainly not. I hope Cassel can pull a Cassel and be backup who gets thrown into action and leads us to a second consecutive winning season a la 11-5 season like he had in NE that offense. .. with him still looked good. Our offense with Orton was STILL a tire fire

If you didn't open the link, Kryk says this:

I dont get to watch many Bills practices. But over the past three years Ive seen him at rookie mini-camp, at OTAs, at three mandatory mini-camps, at two training camps and in games home and away. Manuel on Thursday looked as good as Ive seen him.

He was confident, assertive in his decisions, stepped aggressively into his throws, and was accurate everywhere: short, deep, on the flanks and over the middle.

Thanks. Can't wait to see him on the field this pre-season.