Is it too late to add another QB?

HT02

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take Kurt Warner please for one year. Then draft a QB in the 1st round in next years

Heh. Kurt Warner would take one look at our OL and say "Thanks but No Thanks"

You did not think to long then. Cassel was traded for a 5th.

I did say "what teams with rookie QB"

Um, Bridgewater was a rookie last year, not this year, yes?

Edit: I looked it up and decided to quibble: since the Vikes signed Shaun Hill the day of the Cassel trade, one could argue Cassel wasn't their #2 QB either.

Edited by Hopeful

They already have their guy with "potentially big upside"-- Tyrod Taylor.

I think if they went and got someone, it might be a veteran upgrade over EJ or Meh. But not sure there will be anyone better out there at this point (except maybe Orton!)

Orton? Lol

I still worry about our O-line more then anything. If we can somehow turn out a "good" line, I think we'll be in the playoffs. 2 players destroyed our season last year imo, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack. Those 2 guys took over those 2 games and without them I think we would have won both and been at 11-5, the Houston game especially. Shore up the line, run the !@#$ out of the football, set up the play action, and make quick short/intermediate throws to our receivers that are built for YAC. ****, that's all Brady does these days, is throw 7 yard outs. We can win with this team as long as the line comes together.

Did the season start already? I didn't realize.

Do you need the season to start to know luring KW out of retirement is a pretty silly suggestion, but the lure would have to be a rock-solid proven OL for starters?

Is our OL a rock-solid proven OL? I didn't realize.

I still worry about our O-line more then anything. If we can somehow turn out a "good" line, I think we'll be in the playoffs. 2 players destroyed our season last year imo, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack. Those 2 guys took over those 2 games and without them I think we would have won both and been at 11-5, the Houston game especially. Shore up the line, run the !@#$ out of the football, set up the play action, and make quick short/intermediate throws to our receivers that are built for YAC. ****, that's all Brady does these days, is throw 7 yard outs. We can win with this team as long as the line comes together.

Me 2. And you imply (but don't say) something else I think is true - a quality coach has to understand when he is facing exceptional players, and game plan to lead them gently out of the building

Given their mostly feeble prior NFL success and the less than stellar reports coming from the OTAs I am more and more pessimistic about 3 stooges we have as potential QB's.

I was hoping the Bills would pick up at least one guy with potentially big upside to at minimum, provide a long shot hope that Bills fans might actually catch that long overdue break we very much are due.

I was envisioning someone like Glennon from TB or Mettenberger from the Titans. I know those names aren't going to invoke Manning, Luck or Rivers like excitement but I am just looking for something new with at least a little bit of hope.

Do you think it is too late for something to happen "keep hope alive"?

Is it too lake to trade our DL for Luck? LOL

We were 9-7 last year. Our defense should be just as good if not better with Rex. Our special teams should be just as good and we added one of the best returners in the game.

On offense, we upgraded our running game substantially with Shady and Felton. We upgraded our TE more than substantially with Clay and OLeary. We upgraded our WR with Harvin. We upgraded our OL substantially with incognito, Miller, the difference in Kujo, the health of Glenn and especially the coaching of Kromer and Roman. We substantially upgraded the offensive coaching with Roman over Marrone and Hackett.

That all makes the QBs better. All we need is mediocre and not a lot of mistakes to make the playoffs. Moderately good QB play makes us dangerous.

I don't think people realize the difference Shady and Clay are going to make regardless of QB play, as well as Kromer and Roman, plus Harvin and a healthy Watkins. Our offensive philosophy, coaching, and play calling was atrocious last year.

Orton? Lol

Not that I endorse Orton. But don't laugh to hard. I am guessing Whaley has his cell # should

QB's start slipping on mats, or whatever. I'l bet he is better than one of three on the roster now. Which one I don't know, I also expect he will not win a courage award should he ever return.

I think we still have the rights to Orton, he signed a 2 year deal

That would be great :wallbash:

They already have their guy with "potentially big upside"-- Tyrod Taylor.

I think if they went and got someone, it might be a veteran upgrade over EJ or Meh. But not sure there will be anyone better out there at this point (except maybe Orton!

If it turns out you're right I would be thrilled but my guess is Taylor is more of a prayer. From everything I've read he is not a great passer in a passing league.

Not that I endorse Orton. But don't laugh to hard. I am guessing Whaley has his cell # should

QB's start slipping on mats, or whatever. I'l bet he is better than one of three on the roster now. Which one I don't know, I also expect he will not win a courage award should he ever return.

Orton retired two years ago.

Those are two names that are potentially available and potentially an upgrade. The keyword is potentially. I'd think that you could get Glennon or Mettenberger for about a 5th.

It doesn't seem like a likely scenario at all but if they don't like what they've seen so far at the position those guys are probably targets. That .1% that Rex left out there.

That is pretty much my feeling as well, interesting rumor today though, Kapernick might be available http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?ref=YF

Gary Nova QB, Rutgers.... Went to NYG rookieminicamp, but did not get signed... Strong arm with quick release... accurate in traffic... limited pocket presence... Played in a pro-style offense, and spent time under center.. Has a couple other issues that are correctable with coaching... Worth an invite to camp at the very least.

Do you need the season to start to know luring KW out of retirement is a pretty silly suggestion, but the lure would have to be a rock-solid proven OL for starters?

Is our OL a rock-solid proven OL? I didn't realize.

It's unknown what we have on our O-line. But to me unknown is just that...unknown. To you it's a synonym for "suck."

Gary Nova QB, Rutgers.... Went to NYG rookieminicamp, but did not get signed... Strong arm with quick release... accurate in traffic... limited pocket presence... Played in a pro-style offense, and spent time under center.. Has a couple other issues that are correctable with coaching... Worth an invite to camp at the very least.

No thanks! Especially if he couldn't beat out Ryan Nassib

From reports cassel has not impressed ryan in mini camp. I think cassel is washed up. He may have the brain, but his arm is not impessive and accuracy is an issue from what ive seen of him in minnesota. He couldnt beat out rookie bridgewater, and he will not beat out ej. If he dont his jack together he will be out of the nfl by sep.. I feel we really need to look at some other teams cuts, because we need a orton type vetern. There is to much talent on this team to be let down by poor qb. Play. Hopefully ej learned his lesson last year from benching, because he is on his last audition for the bills. Its now or never. Im really pulling for ej. Ive seen moments of greatness.

From reports cassel has not impressed ryan in mini camp. I think cassel is washed up. He may have the brain, but his arm is not impessive and accuracy is an issue from what ive seen of him in minnesota. He couldnt beat out rookie bridgewater, and he will not beat out ej. If he dont his jack together he will be out of the nfl by sep.. I feel we really need to look at some other teams cuts, because we need a orton type vetern. There is to much talent on this team to be let down by poor qb. Play. Hopefully ej learned his lesson last year from benching, because he is on his last audition for the bills. Its now or never. Im really pulling for ej. Ive seen moments of greatness.

He did beat out Bridgewater. Started the first three games and then got hurt and couldn't play.