US Open...Golf on Fox

plenzmd1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aren't all US Open tourneys held at public courses? I bet i could shoot about 100, but again, like any hacker, I am not aiming for the perfect spot on the green...i aim for around the green and work from there.

I don't think so. I don't think places like Winged Foot and that one near Philly with the wicker baskets instead of flags are public.

Not sure why I thought that, but yeah, you are correct...i was just at Merion(the wicker basket course) on sunday....to drive through, not to play....they do play a lot of "public" courses, but it isn't exclusive

I don't think so. I don't think places like Winged Foot and that one near Philly with the wicker baskets instead of flags are public.

Nope, most definitely not. A friend of mine is a member there; it's an old school private golf club.

But a lot of public courses have hosted the US Open, which is kind of nice.

aren't all US Open tourneys held at public courses? I bet i could shoot about 100, but again, like any hacker, I am not aiming for the perfect spot on the green...i aim for around the green and work from there.

I have a similar style, I aim to keep to the center of the fairway........

past the women's tees.

Chambers Bay is a public course.

$250 for 18.

It is a walking course and caddies are highly recommended.

I could shoot 80.

Then make the trun with a beer and a hot dog and shoot another 80 on the back.

I wouldn't enjoy myself for that much. For one thing I'd want to make sure I finished everything out to get my money worth. No gimmes etc...round would take a long time

agree. Golf on fox is just weird.

Greg Norman was supposed to save the coverage but his analysis isn't really all that great. The demolition of Tiger's game though was epic.

Norman is a weanie. He kept going off how tiger was embarrassed after topping the 3 wood, didn't know where he was, etc etc. Truth be told it was Norman who would have fallen to pieces because he was insercure and image conscious. For most pros (especiallya mentally strong one like tiger) its just another poor shot Edited by JTSP

Been watching The Open on and off all day. Rooting for Patrick Reed...I like his unabashed cockiness.

That being said, Fox has a lot to learn covering golf. Just seems like they cannot track the ball near as well as the other networks. Times when I have no clue where a freakin putt is, let alone a drive or approach shot. Shot tracker is cool, but. It when I have no clue the result of the shot for 20 seconds.

I know they are rookies and will get better, but to my mind they are struggling mightily right now. Be interesting to see if they get better by Sunday night.

BTW, Tiger is done as a contender in any trny, let alone a major.

You're guy just made two really nice putts to go birdie-eagle and tie for the lead