Is there an issue with Seantrel?(update:"travel" issue)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one worried if he does start?

I for one am not.

Many forget how good he was early in the season. This is a kid with huge talent who made mistakes along the way which cost him millions of dollars. I am sure he knows this. As the season progressed he seemed to run out of gas which isn't unusual for rookies, let alone rookies as big as him. It is unknown if injuries factored in, which wouldn't surprise me.

My hope is that he continues to work hard and of course stay healthy because if he does, we will have a truly good football player on our team. I focused on him all season and fwiw, I am saying that the kid is a badass who can be as good as he wants to be.

Belicheck suspended/ punished Butle cause he missed Voluntary OTA when his flight was cancelled. For missing mandatory, Rex should show he is tougher than Billy and suspend him for first 4 games

That would be against the rules of the league. It is very clearly spelled out that a coach or team can't penalize a player for missing any voluntary practice. The NFLPA would have gone ballistic.

That would be against the rules of the league. It is very clearly spelled out that a coach or team can't penalize a player for missing any voluntary practice. The NFLPA would have gone ballistic.

belichick "benched" Butlerfor OTAs after he missed his flight and was late. He could participate in meetings but not on the field. I did hear rumblings about it not being coherent with the rules of the CBA, but nothing came out if the nflpa (that I heard)

I used to be a road warrior, traveled a lot in my job. There were always two levels of priority....1. HAD to be there for an event 2. Should be there for an event.

I traveled with routine scheduling for priority #2 events.....and only very occasionally missed one. For #1 Priority event (like a MANDATORY OTA), I traveled a day in advance of normal travel timing. Now, asking a 22 yr old to have such an understanding of his affairs is challenging, even for an individual that hasn't had the troubles of SH. So, part of what the coaches deal with is helping these young men grow up to the business aspects of their profession. Being there when required is one of those things....including meetings etc. If a pattern of letting the organization down persists, he won't make it. And, yes, if Kojo plays to potential and shakes off the attrocious year he had last year, Seantrel could end up as the swing tackle. That would help the Bills immensely in the upcoming negotiations with Cordy Glenn. I have this Eugene Parker/bad dream lurking in the back of my mine...Jason Peters, and a couple of others before that. But, anyhow, Seantrel needs to get here on time and beat out the other guy(s) that want his job. I had an old saying that I used in my professional life. "My job is safe, its me they can do without"!!! That sharpens your focus if you think about that even a little.

One other point. Weather can effect flights, I had a planning guideline living in Buffalo area.....based on data of the recent past. In December, Jan and Feb......only 93% of scheduled flights ever flew.......so, when booking, you had a 7% chance that you wouldn't make it out of town!!! Used to travel early then as well.

Edited by bigK14094

belichick "benched" Butlerfor OTAs after he missed his flight and was late. He could participate in meetings but not on the field. I did hear rumblings about it not being coherent with the rules of the CBA, but nothing came out if the nflpa (that I heard)

I'm looking forward to your new avatar pic today!

CBF

I used to be a road warrior, traveled a lot in my job. There were always two levels of priority....1. HAD to be there for an event 2. Should be there for an event.

I traveled with routine scheduling for priority #2 events.....and only very occasionally missed one. For #1 Priority event (like a MANDATORY OTA), I traveled a day in advance of normal travel timing.

and lets be honest, even a mandatory OTA is only on the level 1 in this discussion because odds are he didnt have much going on the day before (but really, we dont even know that). this wasnt like missing a game or the practice where a gameplan was installed for the week, or.... its a june practice session where the OL can only do so much. i havent scanned the reports/photos tooooo closely but is there even contact at this?

pretty easy and painless place to learn a lesson.

He's right, guy shoulda been there.

I think we've all said that very thing. The difference is our level of "angst" over the situation, or if the player needs to be "taught a lesson."

This topic is embarrassing. Would earn a spot on a "Wall of Infamy."

No, really it isn't, and it doesn't. This is a simple discussion about whether a player should make the necessary arrangements to be at a mandatory session.

I think we've all said that very thing. The difference is our level of "angst" over the situation, or if the player needs to be "taught a lesson."

I didn't detect any angst in his post, but, it is possible that my angstometer is on the Fitz.

and lets be honest, even a mandatory OTA is only on the level 1 in this discussion because odds are he didnt have much going on the day before (but really, we dont even know that). this wasnt like missing a game or the practice where a gameplan was installed for the week, or.... its a june practice session where the OL can only do so much. i havent scanned thereports/photos tooooo closely but is there even contact at this?

pretty easy and painless place to learn a lesson.

Yes, I agree, a good place to learn this lesson. But, the Mandatory part comes from the collective bargaining agreement....and, likely, the bills have the right to fine him. They won't imho, but, the term mandatory has labor contract origins. That is why this is a level one....must attend event. He will recover the missed time no doubt....esp since he did the voluntary OTA's

Edited by bigK14094

I'm looking forward to your new avatar pic today!

CBF

I'm ready but I need confirmaton that he is there first and then I will change it!

My "angst" (and I'm not normally one to have that unnecessarily) probably is just due to the fact that we are very thin at OT and can't afford to have anyone screw up. And he he has a history of screwing up.

Edited by YoloinOhio