Fred Jackson: Bills want to give Shady 300+ carries

@SalSports: ICYMI: Fred Jackson on the Bills aggressive offseason & his role in 2015. Said team wants Shady to have 300+ carries: http://t.co/jFYadfX4im

Recap of interview and link to full WGR audio with Fred in tweet

I don't see Bryce Brown making the team unless there is an injury. Mccoy, Fred, Karlos, Boobie will be enough. If they are going to give McCoy that many touches, Brown would be inactive anyway. Fred for pass blocking, Karlos and Boobie play ST.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SalSports: ICYMI: Fred Jackson on the Bills aggressive offseason & his role in 2015. Said team wants Shady to have 300+ carries: http://t.co/jFYadfX4im

Recap of interview and link to full WGR audio with Fred in tweet

I don't see Bryce Brown making the team unless there is an injury. Mccoy, Fred, Karlos, Boobie will be enough. If they are going to give McCoy that many touches, Brown would be inactive anyway. Fred for pass blocking, Karlos and Boobie play ST.

Did you ever expect it to be any fewer?

A run - heavy team like the Texans, Seasnakes, or Ninahs features 500-550 rushing attempts per season. Say 500 for simplicity, that's 3/5 or 60% of the rushing attempts.

For comparison, last year Arian Foster had 260 carries out of 551, Marshawn had 280 out of 525, Murray had 392 out of 505.

I think Murray was a bit over-worked, but basically 300 seems like a reasonable goal - a bit less than 20 carries per game.

Freddie, 60% means someone else will be getting the other 200 carries - get ready

Did you ever expect it to be any fewer?

If the Bills lead the league in Rushing attempts this year, and they sound like they want to. 300 carries would be about 52-53% of the total carries if you use the average (550) of the leaders over the last 5 years. My guess would be they probably want Shady to have 60-65% of the carries(330-350).

A run - heavy team like the Texans, Seasnakes, or Ninahs features 500-550 rushing attempts per season. Say 500 for simplicity, that's 3/5 or 60% of the rushing attempts.

For comparison, last year Arian Foster had 260 carries out of 551, Marshawn had 280 out of 525, Murray had 392 out of 505.

I think Murray was a bit over-worked, but basically 300 seems like a reasonable goal - a bit less than 20 carries per game.

Freddie, 60% means someone else will be getting the other 200 carries - get ready

You beat me to it. :lol:

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Karlos?

This is more about Fred being a humble teammate. He knows as well as we do that hamstrings and groins happen.

My prediction

Fred 200

Dixon/Karlos 200

Shady 100

Harvin/Sammy/Others 50

I love Freddy, but if this were to really happen the Bills would be in big trouble this year. They need Shady's explosive play making ability on the field as much as possible.

Don't you know shady on the bench is best for the team? Obviously.

I'm all for the role players stepping up but there have been some weird (or completely ridiculous) thoughts on here lately. I saw Clay as the 3rd TE and Charles making Dareus expendable.

Apparently twice as many as McCoy has missed in his 6 year career.

I guess