Who will be the first to win a playoff game: Bills or Sabres

Who will win a playoff game first: Bills or Sabres?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which Buffalo team will be the first to win a playoff game?

2. 2. Which young star will be first to make the Pro Bowl/All-Star team?

Lots of positive vibes in Pegulaville for the sports teams of Buffalo being on the rise with new coaches and exciting players. #OneBuffalo is a great development and hopefully the good times are going to start rolling! The Bills are further ahead in terms of personnel but it is easier to make the playoffs and experience a quick turnaround with top draft picks in the NHL. Also, the playoffs in hockey are a 7 game series so more chance to win once you make it than NFL. Who do you think will be first??

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a great poll if we could fast forward the Sabres rebuild by a year or two. As it is, if the answer isn't Bills, I think we'll all be pretty disappointed.

it is "win" a playoff game though. Not just make the playoffs.

It's harder to make the playoffs in the NFL. Especially for the Bills. :)

I think the bills make the playoffs first (it's so crazy to even think about it) but they might not win the game. The Sabres could make it as an 8th seed, win a game, & lose the series 4-1.

I think both franchises are in good spots even if the Sabres were helped by a completely embarrassing year.

But he's sooo good

Haha. I certainly hope so. He looks goofy as hell though. But I've seen enough sure things bust so I always reserve judgment. I know some fans like to jump down rookies' throats when they aren't all stars from day 1. But if Kane lives up to his skill level, that could be a nasty line.

Both teams are making the playoffs. Obviously NFL playoffs happen first.

It's harder to make the playoffs in the NFL. Especially for the Bills. :)

I think the bills make the playoffs first (it's so crazy to even think about it) but they might not win the game. The Sabres could make it as an 8th seed, win a game, & lose the series 4-1.

I think both franchises are in good spots even if the Sabres were helped by a completely embarrassing year.

Who will care?

If it was "make the playoffs" then Bills by a wide margin. But it is tougher to win an NFL playoff game than an NHL playoff game, so I gotta go with the Sabres. Regarding Sammy and Eichel, I think Sammy gets hurt by not having a QB to give him the ball so I gotta go with Eichel. Great thread, by the way.

Sabres, obviously. You get in to the NHL playoffs, you have at least four chances to win a playoff game.

Now, had you asked "get in to the playoffs," I'd vote the Bills...

Agreed. The odds are far better in hockey regardless of where the teams are in their (re)building plan.

I think the Bills are a much better team than the Sabres, but it's easier for teams to back into the NHL playoffs and win at least 1 game in a series.

I did vote for Sammy though. I think he makes it this year after a performance that simply cant be ignored any longer.

Edited by DrDareustein

It would be a much bigger deal, for me, if the BILLS were first. If that happened, we control our own destiny in each game. If the Sabres sneak in, as the #8 seed, and get swept in the first round by the #1 seed, that's not so satisfying.

If it was "make the playoffs" then Bills by a wide margin. But it is tougher to win an NFL playoff game than an NHL playoff game, so I gotta go with the Sabres. Regarding Sammy and Eichel, I think Sammy gets hurt by not having a QB to give him the ball so I gotta go with Eichel. Great thread, by the way.

We're not going to have a QB this year? Maybe that's why we're stocking up on RBs.