Matt Simms has good chance to make team

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 of 44 for 285 yards and a 91 QB Rating. Yup terrible.

I recommended watching the video, not the first 3 minutes.

At one point he makes 10 straight completions.

If you look at the player he was in college and then what he did in extended preseason action, there was progress and he has some upside.

Will be make the team over any of the other 3? Doubtful, but people do get injured in preseason (Kolb, anyone) and if I had to choose between Simms and Tuel, Simms would get the nod.

Matt Simms could not win a starting job at Tennessee and was the 3rd QB on the team his senior year. He is only in the pro's because of his daddy. This is a joke.

This!

Matt Simms is garbage squared... I'd rather beg Orton to come out of retirement.

Simms is definitely better than Tuel and Rex knows what he can do. That being said, I don't think he poses much of a threat to our top 3 QBs.

I think there's a very good chance that Manuel becomes the starter w/ Cassel as the primary backup. Yes, it's exciting to think of what Taylor can do, especially with him being such a dangerous runner, but ultimately his main flaw of not being able to read defenses adequately will show through.

Simms will be retained as the #3 QB only if the Bills decide that they want or need to save cap room by releasing one of the top three.

I get that Passing Coordinator Lee & Rex have a history and drafting Bryce made him expendable. I expect Lee to showcase him somewhat in TC as 'how to operate' a particular formation.

I think the bigger picture here is putting 1 & 1together from Rex on his answers to some PC questions. He routinely had to re-think his point on QB discussions to include Tuel in the mix, then would comment negatively ( he still has a ways to go.) 1st chance to cut ties and he's gone. I'm going to apply this thinking to Brown and C. Williams /that they'll be gone soon enough and keep my ears open for more telling signs in Rex's glibness.

Practice squad

Fluff or not - I recall Doug Whaley saying months back that his new HC had to work with EJ.

So even if not #1 he'll be #2.

Imo

ps if you want link,,,, look it up I posted it before RR was hired.

No you recall a source saying that whaley said that. In other words second hand rumors.

33 of 44 for 285 yards and a 91 QB Rating. Yup terrible.

I recommended watching the video, not the first 3 minutes.

At one point he makes 10 straight completions.

If you look at the player he was in college and then what he did in extended preseason action, there was progress and he has some upside.

Will be make the team over any of the other 3? Doubtful, but people do get injured in preseason (Kolb, anyone) and if I had to choose between Simms and Tuel, Simms would get the nod.

Preseason is misleading. He makes so many of those passes on the move back across his body, the ones that get picked off by starting caliber players.

Finding QBs is hard. Teul looked good in preseason, Tyrod looked good in preseason, so have countless QBs. No game plan or film, third string units that are 1/32 as good a a college senior bowl team.

Plenty of former practice squad at best and looked ok in preseason.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

All these guys have their blemishes and nothing would surprise me but I'm guessing (barring injury):

1. EJ

2. Cassel

3. TT

I think Matt Simms gets cut. His resume isn't very strong and I know nothing about the guy that makes me think he'll beat out anybody. He was NY's last string QB and the Jets aren't exactly blessed at that position.

I'm think that would be....his knowledge of the Jests playbook, assuming the QB coach knows he has a decent football head and can get into it. Ryan is big into taking every legal advantage he can.

The playbook of the Jests should have been thrown away when he hired Roman and not someone from the offense side of ball as OC.

The playbook of the Jests should have been thrown away when he hired Roman and not someone from the offense side of ball as OC.

David Lee is a carry over from NY. They indicated a few months ago Lee would be coordinating the passing game.

Simms is a great kid and probably an improvement over Tuel, but he's not going to make this team unless there is an injury to one of the top 3 QBs.

Manuel will surprise many on this board and be the opening day starter. Why you say?? Because offers the highest upside.

Now that he has a high quality, proven NFL OC to work with, who will help to put him in a situation where he can succeed, he will finally be able to show what he can do.