Report- Bills hoping to extend Dareus before Training Camp

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about all that HOF talk, or the 5 years of Rex stuff ... but I do agree that he's got a bright career ahead of him and it would behoove the Bills to lock his ass up.

He's absolutely dominant when he's in there. HOF talk, while a bit premature, is certainly on the table if he plays for another 6-7 years.

Ndamukong Suh signed a 6 year, $114,375,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $25,500,000 signing bonus, $59,955,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,062,500. In 2015, Suh will earn a base salary of $985,000, a signing bonus of $25,500,000 and a workout bonus of $15,000. Suh has a cap hit of $6,100,000 while his dead money value is $59,955,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ndamukong-suh/

Suh: 6yr/$114 mil

Dareus: 3yr/$30 mil

2015 - $8 mil

franchise tag:

2016 - $10 mil

2017 - $12 mil

Was it then?Yes. In the state of Alabama possession of synthetic marajuana is a felony. That's why he was arrested for possessing it.

That is correct. However, what Pats** fans are choosing to ignore is that fake weed is not banned or prohibited in the NFL.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Only stupid pats fans would assert that fake weed is "cheating" and hurting the integrity of the game.

It's just a smokescreen

Yes. In the state of Alabama possession of synthetic marajuana is a felony. That's why he was arrested for possessing it.

Looks like the charge for synthetic stuff is worse than possession of the real stuff.

Their problem is that most of them aren't really fans of either the team or the game. They are Johnny-come-lately crybabies that only want to be fans when it's convenient. They have no clue what they're talking about with regard to most matters surrounding the game. They have no idea why they're constantly accused of cheating, and why certain offenses are much different than others.

The reason that most of them cannot enjoy success is that they aren't invested in it. They don't really care about the team the way other team's fans do, so they can't appreciate the magnitude of winning it all (even if they have repeatedly cheated to do so).

That was quite a generalization of a large group of people. Don't suppose you can qualify those statements. Patriots have been around as long as the Bills and obviously have a better track record then we do. You don't have to like them, but to make up crap like this makes you look pretty stupid. IMO

Now is the right time to re-sign him , then Glenn and Gilmore.

I think Glenn needs to have a much better year than last to offer him a big long term deal. Don't think his value is very high right now. Had a bad season last year.

That was quite a generalization of a large group of people. Don't suppose you can qualify those statements. Patriots have been around as long as the Bills and obviously have a better track record then we do. You don't have to like them, but to make up crap like this makes you look pretty stupid. IMO.

Nice job getting personal!

Can I back this up? Absolutely.

Go ask any of the hundreds of Buffalo transplants that live in the Albany, Boston, or NE area.

Go look at the team's attendance and why they were a candidate to move back in the early 90's.

But most of all, be sure to shoot the messenger

That was quite a generalization of a large group of people. Don't suppose you can qualify those statements. Patriots have been around as long as the Bills and obviously have a better track record then we do. You don't have to like them, but to make up crap like this makes you look pretty stupid. IMO

I think Glenn needs to have a much better year than last to offer him a big long term deal. Don't think his value is very high right now. Had a bad season last year.

I've seen enough from Glenn to think he can be a very very good LT, and at least solid if he doesn't continue to improve. I think it's a great time to negotiate an extension with him after his poor year last year (which I honestly don't think was caused entirely by him).

Go ask any of the hundreds of Buffalo transplants that live in the Albany, Boston, or NE area.

Go look at the team's attendance and why they were a candidate to move back in the early 90's.

You attack basically a whole NFL team fan base you get upset with a personal comment about you? I am sure the Buffalo transplants have very objective opinions. I'll take back calling you stupid, that was wrong. But I will call your post stupid.

I remember going to Bills games with 25000 people in attendance- are we crappy fans too?

I've seen enough from Glenn to think he can be a very very good LT, and at least solid if he doesn't continue to improve. I think it's a great time to negotiate an extension with him after his poor year last year (which I honestly don't think was caused entirely by him).

The concept of signing a player to a long term deal is not just to get a team friendly deal, but to secure a top talent. To sign him now I think would be a mistake. Although I have faith in him to return to form, it's risky now. And I doubt he would sign a lesser deal now, knowing that a big season would mean huge dollars for him next year.

and honestly, asking me to talk to hundreds of transplants living in those areas hardly counts as 'backing up' your claim.

so they are criticizing their owner? Let's look at the last 50 years of comments about Ralph until he croaked. Nothing very positive about him until the end.

You attack basically a whole NFL team fan base you get upset with a personal comment about you? I am sure the Buffalo transplants have very objective opinions. I'll take back calling you stupid, that was wrong. But I will call your post stupid.

I remember going to Bills games with 25000 people in attendance- are we crappy fans too?

The concept of signing a player to a long term deal is not just to get a team friendly deal, but to secure a top talent. To sign him now I think would be a mistake. Although I have faith in him to return to form, it's risky now. And I doubt he would sign a lesser deal now, knowing that a big season would mean huge dollars for him next year.

and honestly, asking me to talk to hundreds of transplants living in those areas hardly counts as 'backing up' your claim.

Not sure what makes you think I am or was upset. I actually couldn't possibly care less what you think of me. You surely admit, however, that you got personal. I merely commented on it.

I'm not sure how else you'd like to tackle this discussion other than getting the perspective of those closer to the situation than yourself.

As for Bills vs Pats fans, show me the video of which team's fans started filing out of the season opener in droves, mid-2nd-quarter, only one offseason removed from a 4th Super Bowl berth in 7 years just because the QB got hurt and I'll concede that your question has some type of merit.

But in the meantime, be sure to launch insults first and consider the argument later.

so they are criticizing their owner? Let's look at the last 50 years of comments about Ralph until he croaked. Nothing very positive about him until the end.

Context dude. Bills' fans may get upset about Ralph and his running of the team.

These "fans" are talking about boycotting the team despite 4 championships since 2001 and two other Super Bowl appearances simply because he accepted a punishment for things his employees did.

That you cannot or will not acknowledge the difference is surprising

Not sure what makes you think I am or was upset. I actually couldn't possibly care less what you think of me. You surely admit, however, that you got personal. I merely commented on it.

I'm not sure how else you'd like to tackle this discussion other than getting the perspective of those closer to the situation than yourself.

As for Bills vs Pats fans, show me the video of which team's fans started filing out of the season opener in droves, mid-2nd-quarter, only one offseason removed from a 4th Super Bowl berth in 7 years just because the QB got hurt and I'll concede that your question has some type of merit.

But in the meantime, be sure to launch insults first and consider the argument later.

I can't show you that but I can show you a video of a half empty stadium in a playoff game in Buffalo where fans left at halftime, gave up on their team and missed the greatest comeback ever? This after a couple AFC championships in the years prior.

How about fans that beg the owner to buy his own tickets to avoid a blackout, then claim to be great fans because they sell out all the time, this after reducing the seating capacity by thousands.

Context dude. Bills' fans may get upset about Ralph and his running of the team.

These "fans" are talking about boycotting the team despite 4 championships since 2001 and two other Super Bowl appearances simply because he accepted a punishment for things his employees did.

That you cannot or will not acknowledge the difference is surprising

There are stupid , emotional fans everywhere. As much in Buffalo as anywhere else. I don't pay much heed to these comments. I'm guessing the Pats will have no problem selling tickets this year.

I can't show you that but I can show you a video of a half empty stadium in a playoff game in Buffalo where fans left at halftime, gave up on their team and missed the greatest comeback ever? This after a couple AFC championships in the years prior.

How about fans that beg the owner to buy his own tickets to avoid a blackout, then claim to be great fans because they sell out all the time, this after reducing the seating capacity by thousands.

There are stupid , emotional fans everywhere. As much in Buffalo as anywhere else. I don't pay much heed to these comments. I'm guessing the Pats will have no problem selling tickets this year.

So leaving a game when down 32 points in the 3rd quarter (I stayed by the way) is the same as leaving a game despite being ahead in the 2nd quarter?

2 AFC Championships = 3 Super Bowls?

I'll go ahead and vote "no" on both of the above.

I don't remember fans "begging" for Ralph to buy up tickets, but then again, I liked the blackout rule. As a STH, I believe that if you want to see the game, buy a ticket.

Lastly, I NEVER used the words "stupid" or "emotional". That was YOUR argument. I will say (as I did originally) that every fan base has its front-runners; just so happens that some have a greater portion than others (NE being one of them).

Edited by thebandit27