Extra Point rule has changed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football pools will be changed forever.

Yeah, that's what I said about the squares a few pages back.

I think it would be more exciting if the punter had to wear boots. And a blindfold. It would encourage more teams to go for it on fourth down.

Exactly!

Who really give a $#!&...every team has to play by these rules (except the Pats**...I believe they have their own set of rules)

One of the balls used strictly for kicking has an explosive in it that goes off when kicked. Randomly thrown in there. So there's a good chance that one of the kickers loses their leg. And if that happens, your team gets 4 automatic points though. Talk about excitement.

The odds dropped to 97% success (from the 15) , so no change.

Don't look at 99.5% vs. 97% as insignificant. It's a 600% increase in missed X points. Teams are likely to attempt more 2 point conversions due to 1) having to make up for a missed 1-pointer 2) feeling the payoff over the long term is there or 3) weather conditions making a 33 yarder much less probable than 97% (blustery day at the Ralph, kicking toward the northwest end (fka the scoreboard end.)

@MikeGarafolo: Redskins and Raiders voted against the changes to the extra point, source says. But in the end, they were outnumbered.

Gee, thanks for that astute and clarifying observation. Who knew that the Raiders and Redskins were outnumbered by 30 other teams?

The odds dropped to 97% success (from the 15) , so no change.

Is Mr. Particular arguing that a change from 99% to 97% is not considered a change?

@mikerodak: Bills kicker Dan Carpenter tells @SiriusXMNFL that he's concerned with new PAT rule's effect on player safety: http://t.co/lpBSIIJ7Xx

My first thought was safety, too, although more from the point of view that more 2-point conversions means more collisions for the linemen.

And I have a feeling the league is going to grow to hate the idea of returning a missed extra point for 2.