• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proven QB = better team

rinse and repeat

rinse and repeat

rinse and repeat

Yep....pretty much. It doesnt matter that the fins lost their top 100 TE and replaced him with a TE one hit away from concussion syndom....then traded away the rest of their offense.......

it doesnt matter that the bills ALREADY HAD the best defensive DT's in football......and the fins added ONE of the best

it doesnt matter that the bills have loaded up on offensive firepower

Our QB situation is not settled.......so therefore.....we lose

So what exactly has Tanehill proved? Is He really that much better than Cassell. Have you seen how he has played against Buffalo?

Some of you talk as if being predicted as going 8-8 is a bad thing. I LOVE being the underdog so if they view us as being an 8-8 team, then I love it. I wish the saw us going 4-12

I've said it on here a million times. If I were the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, I'd print up all the negative predictions and hang them in a special place in the locker room as motivation.

Who cares. I'd prefer the disrepect ant the opportunity to prove them wrong. Personally I see the Dolphins fading away as they always do in the last few weeks of the season. I'm more worried about the Jets.

Yah, the Jets are a big threat, if the "Big Cat" can get up to speed... Also with Revis and Cromartie back in the fold, their defensive backfield could be scary... I look for significantly improved QB play by Gang Greenhorn as well. Practicing against veterans like Cromartie and Revis will instantly upgrade whichever starter they roll with... In order to take our division, we'd need STELLAR QB play...

The Bills will be pundit-unworthy until said pundits decide our QB situation is adequate.

I think the Bills helped themselves in FAs but not much in the draft. I don't have any idea how well Miami improved overall, but I keep having visions of Suh blowing up every single play we run, taking McCoy down for 2 yard losses on every run and Cassel down for 5 yard losses on every pass. It's Eric Wood and an unknown guard blocking (?) Suh, for Pete's sake. Maybe Suh is why they signed the FA fullback...

The bills draft wasnt flashy.....but they DID help themselves

- The 2nd round pick was so that the bills can effectively run Rex Ryan's defense...which will be the staple of the team no matter what....it protects us against injury AND when teams try to spread us out it allows us to match up. Darby has all the makings of a shut down corner with a little time and adds to what is already a dominant defense.

- When John Miller is destroying people in the run game..people will feel much better about this draft.

- When our Mackey award winning TE O'Leary is catching passes all over the field because teams are more concerned about Watkins, Harvin, Woods, and Clay his worth will show very quickly.

So what exactly has Tanehill proved? Is He really that much better than Cassell. Have you seen how he has played against Buffalo?

I dont know....I am saying I think this is ESPN's arguement

I really don't put much stock in preseason predictions, but this one has me scratching my head. In the insider piece on the Dolphins becoming the AFC East favorite, if Brady is suspended for any considerable time, they lauded the Dolphins as their pick - mainly due to their FA signings.

This is what the said about the Bills:

"The Bills last year had a bad offense and a great, underrated defense. Now that Rex Ryan is in charge, they are likely to have a bad offense and a great, properly rated defense."

So, an offense that went 9-7 (and was a Bryce Brown goal line fumble away from 10-6) and added Clay, Felton, Incognito, McCoy and Harvin will be worse?

Make some sense of that for me, will ya boys?

Well...here is hoping we go 0-16 and hire a new coach...

I haven't read all the posts, but I think this is being misinterpreted even further than what the OP thinks.

Considering when Brady is likely to be suspended ESPN isn't even necessarily saying the Bills are an 8-8...they are likely a 7-9 team, that gets to improve to 8-8 without Brady in week two.

I thought ESPN had us going 5-11 after the schedule was released. In just a few weeks we've already added 3 wins without even having a 1st.

I really don't put much stock in preseason predictions, but this one has me scratching my head. In the insider piece on the Dolphins becoming the AFC East favorite, if Brady is suspended for any considerable time, they lauded the Dolphins as their pick - mainly due to their FA signings.

"The Bills last year had a bad offense and a great, underrated defense. Now that Rex Ryan is in charge, they are likely to have a bad offense and a great, properly rated defense."

So, an offense that went 9-7 (and was a Bryce Brown goal line fumble away from 10-6) and added Clay, Felton, Incognito, McCoy and Harvin will be worse?

Make some sense of that for me, will ya boys?

That's some seriously insightful analysis. Did ESPN stick it behind the Insider pay wall?

Well personally I see the dolphins finishing 8-8 or 9-7. The reason I say this is because the dolphins offensive struggles against blitz heavy teams

Think about the year the Bills had Mike Pettine as D coordinator and how bad Tannihill looked in those games. Well now we got Rex and the Jets got Todd Bowels who blitzes more the Rex with a better defensive talent than the Jets team now than the Jets team who almost sweep the Dolphins last year

Tannihill may be a little better now but not that much against Blitz heavy teams

So I can see the Dolphins being sweep by the Bills and Jets. That's 4 loses right there. They got to play the Ravens who smoked them last year. They got to play the Pats twice which they may split. So that'd 6 to 7 loses right there plus they got to play the NFC EAST just like us and who knows how that's going to go. So really I see the Dolphins as 8-8 or 9-7 at the very best.

Edited by Protocal69

To play Devils advocate. We were also a full game worth of starters vs. the Pats** to being 8-8 as well.

The Bills have been middling for years now. That means a couple of bounces one way or another we could have been a disaster or very good.

Until we prove otherwise we are what we are. I am high on this roster but also accept the prior statement.

Yep. Gotta do it on the field. Everything looks good, but I'm like ESPN, until I see it on the field I won't believe. Games aren't played in the media, they are played on the field.

To ESPN:

14292059757583-y9ff.jpg

wow. Powerful.