Rd 5 pick 155 RB Karlos Williams Florida State

I hear you. If that were the case in Philly I would go along with that. But he looked dynamic when he got opps in Philly. All of a sudden it goes away in Buff? And it happens to go away for him at the same time it goes away for Spiller and Jackson too? And for offensive linemen like Cordy and Wood who has previously performed fairly well? I'm not judging anyone from last season. I really think Marrone's offensive recognition was a grease fire. I'm looking forward to seeing what players can do this summer with new coaching. But if Brown went away I wouldn't cry either.

What he said....but I think maybe the biggest problem for Brown here is a questionable fit for a ground and pound offense. I believe Brown has a lot of potential, just not in this offense. You want to keep the RB's that have the most value to the team - and if you aren't playing special teams and are at best a back-up part-time player due to the offense being run (and one that you're likely not keeping next year anyway), then sorry, but you don't roster him strictly because he might be good on another team. You trade him if at all possible, and if not, he's a cut casualty and you move on.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 RBs sounds like crazy talk.

McCoy, Dixon, Felton, and Karlos are locks.

Freddie gone?

Felton is fullback.

He doesn't count as a RB

I really like this pick. Bills don't have anyone like him on their roster. Strong and big down hill runner with sub 4.5 speed. I think this is a steal. Lack of experience at postion only reason why he lasted this long. As he grows I really like the upside.

Edited by dezertbill

Apparently some have forgotten how terrible we were in the Red Zone last year, and the lack of TDs in general.

Rex sees that, and says he wants a guy with Red Zone scoring ability as a RB, who scores a lot of TDs.

QED

Karlos Williams. This pick is easy to understand.

power, balance, good speed, plays big downfield.. he's not as tall, but his style reminds me of Dickerson at SMU

So we got ourselves a wife beating dope dealer and a guy that helped Winston rape a girl... May as well get the murder suspect...

the geeks in the metrics and analytics department have alredy pushed their desks against their door..

@JaySkurski: Jim Monos says the #Bills ideally keep three running backs on the roster, but could make a case for four. Don't see how Bryce Brown fits in.

Rex doesn't even know his name...said he'd learn it once he stops fumbling, lol