Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

I think I have a good one. This will really hit them where it hurts.

Rather than suspend or fine Brady. The NFL should start calling holding on the pats* offensive line. Now I'm not saying they should call it more tightly than any other team. I'd just like them to actually call it when it happens.

He'd be out of the league in less than a month.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that it will be substantial initially, and then adequate after appeal. Just my gut feeling on it

I'm pretty much the opposite. Adequate with no appeal. I just don't feel like they have grounds for an appeal is where I'm at.

I'm pretty much the opposite. Adequate with no appeal. I just don't feel like they have grounds for an appeal is where I'm at.

I do wonder, does Brady turning down the NFLPA's representation in the investigation negate their obligation to back him in an appeal?

I do wonder, does Brady turning down the NFLPA's representation in the investigation negate their obligation to back him in an appeal?

Very good question. Also turning down the NFLPA is probably the only way he didn't give up his phone. I wouldn't image the NFLPA being too happy if they were representing.

This makes me irrationally happy

@caplannfl: Best available QBs for the #Patriots if Brady is out a while: M. Vick, M. Flynn, T. Jackson, R. Grossman, B. Quinn, T. Edwards...

@caplannfl: ...C. Hanie, T. Thigpen, D. Dixon.

Yes! I didn't know that Trent is still even technically considering himself a free agent. The number of guys on this list that spent at least some time here.

I now think 8 games. The Pat are going to tank like Indy with Luck and get the 1st overall pick. I think they threw TB under the bus, so they don't get fined a draft pick.

My proof? I have none, but they just released a decent CB. Also Kraft, stated that he would "accept any punishment" the league gives them. Innocent teams and arrogant CEO's don't say that, they fight.. and fight hard! I think there is huge evidence that this was bigger than we know... (the Patriots vs. the league fumble chart is proof of that)

I think there was a deal how the report was written because Kraft would fight this more. I think there was crazy evidence that this was much bigger then the report says and Kraft was told to shut up.

The deal would look like this... this is all going to hit Brady. But the franchise gets no punishment... if they don't fight the findings and this can all be swept up under the rug. The Pats get a Brady replacement to sit for 2 years like A. Rodgers in next years draft.

No Brady means: The Bills, a team on the rise gets to shine... helping the new owner, which helps the league. The Jet and the Dolphin's get breathing room. This also clears the way for Manning to get his last shot @ the SB. Everyone wins this way.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Iraq Vet

As long as it's 2 games, I'm not going to complain too much. They'll win their 3rd game (vs Jacksonville) regardless of Tom or Jimmy playing. Their 4th game is vs Dallas, which goes from probably win to probably lose without Tom but no sure thing either way. Week 1 is almost a sure win with Brady given the defending champs history in the Thursday opener, putting Jimmy in there makes it a tough spot. Week 2 without Tom would be huge for us getting off on the right foot.

Patriots are repeat integrity of the game offenders, so discipline will be higher. The Sean Payton precedence set the standard of a coach being accountable for the actions of his team and coaches, even without any direct knowledge of what was occurring.

Brady 8 games

Belichick 1 season

Patriots $1M fine

After reading the report which is way more scathing than I expected, I don't see how the NFL can give less than that. So that is what I expect.

I still don't see how Belichick avoided a suspension. That was the message they drove home via the Payton suspension for Bounty Gate. Bill should consider himself very lucky today.