5-6 WGR interview with Tyrod Taylor

@buffalobills: "He can really throw. You see now what I already knew."

Corey Graham is high on a Bills QB: http://t.co/GJ6Rs0mgJYhttp://t.co/ybJSjncwwI

At first I suspected that all this Tyrod Taylor talk from Rex was "coach speak" to be used to light the biggest fire under EJ and see him at his very best this year, however seeing actual players saying stuff like this makes me wonder if Taylor IS seen as a QB who has a very real shot to not only win, but become a very good Bills starting QB. I'd have no problem with that outcome. Two things, I don't want Cassel to win the job and I hope they find their long term franchise QB with either Taylor or Manuel. I support Manuel's last chance, but I never gave Taylor a real shot before now. Very interesting.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills: "He can really throw. You see now what I already knew."

Corey Graham is high on a Bills QB: http://t.co/GJ6Rs0mgJYhttp://t.co/ybJSjncwwI

That's an interesting POV from something and someone I never thought about. Players will often stick up from each other. But Graham is one guy who would really know if Taylor had it or didn't as a passer. This makes things a little more interesting IMO.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They will never admit this but it is Taylor's job to lose. I honeslty think they got a better version of Kap with TT. Training camp should be interesting.

What the eff? I really don't get how TT has proven anything close to this. Kap has led his team to multiple playoff wins, a Super Bowl, and a career passer rating over 90. TT has thrown 2 ints on 35 attempts, His NFL qb rating is 47.2. never had a College season over 60%.

He might turn out to be good but today, he's really nothing more than a slower Mike Vick sized guy who the scouting report said should not play a qb in pro football.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

At first I suspected that all this Tyrod Taylor talk from Rex was "coach speak" to be used to light the biggest fire under EJ and see him at his very best this year, however seeing actual players saying stuff like this makes me wonder if Taylor IS seen as a QB who has a very real shot to not only win, but become a very good Bills starting QB. I'd have no problem with that outcome. Two things, I don't want Cassel to win the job and I hope they find their long term franchise QB with either Taylor or Manuel. I support Manuel's last chance, but I never gave Taylor a real shot before now. Very interesting.

But TT once had dinner at Ben Roethlisberger's house when he played for the Ravens and tweeted a selfie. So you might want to pull for EJ.

What the eff? I really don't get how TT has proven anything close to this. Kap has led his team to multiple playoff wins, a Super Bowl, and a career passer rating over 90. TT has thrown 2 ints on 35 attempts, His NFL qb rating is 47.2. never had a College season over 60%.

He might turn out to be good but today, he's really nothing more than a slower Mike Vick sized guy who the scouting report said should not play a qb in pro football.

I don't think it's about what he has "proven" in the league. He has been a backup for 4 years. Throw those 35 attempts out the window, they mean nothing.

But I don't think the comparison is unfair. You could say their styles are similar and Kaep definitely had a down year last year. It's not out of the realm of possibility that taylor could put together a season or a better one than Kaep last year. Even though he is unproven.

But TT once had dinner at Ben Roethlisberger's house when he played for the Ravens and tweeted a selfie. So you might want to pull for EJ.

Don't get mad at me. Cassel's status as the presumptive "starter" has clearly slipped at OBD only days after that photo came out. Coincidence? Hmmmm, maybe not.

Don't get mad at me. Cassel's status as the presumptive "starter" has clearly slipped at OBD only days after that photo came out. Coincidence? Hmmmm, maybe not.

No!! You are making that up. Look back at any Rex Ryan comments on TT from the moment that they got him!! Please I beg you to find different stuff from Rex before and after. They are all the same. In addition, Gary Kubiak's team offered Tyrod more money than any other team in FA (including the Bills). Gary Kubiak was his OC last season. That is a very good sign IMO. This isn't about Taylor gaining steam because Cassel went to the Kentucky Derby with Brady!!! This is about Tyrod gaining steam because he offers certain skills that Roman (and Rex especially) are very intrigued by.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No!! You are making that up. Look back at any Rex Ryan comments on TT from the moment that they got him!! Please I beg you to find different stuff from Rex before and after. They are all the same. In addition, Gary Kubiak's team offered Tyrod more money than any other team in FA (including the Bills). Gary Kubiak was his OC last season. That is a very good sign IMO. This isn't about Taylor gaining steam because Cassel went to the Kentucky Derby with Brady!!! This is about Tyrod gaining steam because he offers certain skills that Roman (and Rex especially) are very intrigued by.

I'm just tweaking the guy with respects to Cassel begin demoted because of the photo. I do however think there's the possibility that these very recent leaks from OBD of Taylor being the front runner might be to send the message (that they've known) that Cassel specifically isn't going to be the Bills starter. I simply don't believe Whaley or Rex that they didn't have a problem with the photo. These NFL people lie all the time. They are very competitive people and probably don't like it when their QB is in a photo looking like a fanboy of their long time AFC East "enemy". Sometimes you have to say the political thing in public.

Hmmmm.

Could TT be the opening day Bills starter at QB?

If he is capable of earning that title, that would be pretty exciting.

I say that because the others in the fight are known commodities, and not good enough.

I would love to see TT be the winner of a pre-season QB fight...and the guy determined to be our best option heading in to the regular season.

The die is cast, Tyrod Taylor will be the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. This comes from Ryan's interest in him plus many teammates (on and off the Bills) like Graham and Lewis that have seen him play. They believe he isn't just a mobile quarterback, but one that has quite an elite arm. And you know what? I will be happy when he is named the starter. Tyrod is the only hope as he got years to sit behind an elite quarterback and LEARN. Something that Cassel had the ability to do, but could not show consistency when he had the chance. Tyrod hasn't gotten that chance, so it really remains to be seen how he will play at the professional level come the season. I for one have been very nervous this off season regarding the QB situation and after considering a lot of different possibilities I have finally come to the conclusion that Tyrod is the Bills best bet. He is a young guy that has quite a lot of fans from professional defensive players that say he can read a defense and throw in comparison to people suggesting he is just a runner. Manuel had his chance and blew it. Until proven otherwise throw Tyrod in there, and I think that is what they are going to do. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the big break for that team and that Taylor is the starter for many years.

I'm just tweaking the guy with respects to Cassel begin demoted because of the photo. I do however think there's the possibility that these very recent leaks from OBD of Taylor being the front runner might be to send the message (that they've known) that Cassel specifically isn't going to be the Bills starter. I simply don't believe Whaley or Rex that they didn't have a problem with the photo. These NFL people lie all the time. They are very competitive people and probably don't like it when their QB is in a photo looking like a fanboy of their long time AFC East "enemy". Sometimes you have to say the political thing in public.

What I tried to tell you (a thousand times in the other thread) that stuff like that is commonplace in sports today. Dinners, photos, vacations and trips to the club with opposing players is the norm for all players. I have never worked for an organization that cared. Our star player (CP3) would stay at the same house as an opposing star player (Tony Parker) that he matched up against on gamedays!! They'd fight like hell on the court and then go have dinner after and hit up the club. That is how these guys are wired now. Guys aren't wired like Bob Gibson because the environment and money is different. They grow up together and relate better to one another than anyone outside of the sports world. They understand the issues of each other better than anyone else. I know that you are refusing to believe it but it is true. They really don't care and no one else does in the locker room either. The only way that they WOULD care is if a player was fraternizing with someone that was known to be trouble (ie Aaron Hernandez).

If Cassel doesn't play it is because he isn't the best guy. The same holds true for EJ and Tyrod Taylor. The only focus of everyone in that building is on winning.

I can't wait to talk tyrod all summer long. I, too, was struck by the confidence in Graham's assessment. That wasn't lip-service, he sincerely thinks he can be a good player in the league.

Edited by NickelCity

You're tweaking me? Umm, I'm the one poking fun at you, although I guess I'm not surprised you didn't get it because your take on this entire issue is just short of insanity.

If EJ lights it up, regardless of how TT plays EJ gets first dibs at the job.

IF EJ lights it up, it'll be the 1st time ever and a complete shock to everyone. Never been a 'light 'em Up' QB.

I'd start rethinking my view on divine intervention..

- Got screwed on his pro day

- Never got any playing time - regular or pre-season - with the Ravens's #1's - Flacco would not allow it.

- Last season Team Tyrod and the #2's beat Team Flacco in scrimmages all the time. Kubiak knew that .. hence the Denver offer.

The City of Buffalo is about to fall in love with TT.

- Got screwed on his pro day

- Never got any playing time - regular or pre-season - with the Ravens's #1's - Flacco would not allow it.

- Last season Team Tyrod and the #2's beat Team Flacco in scrimmages all the time. Kubiak knew that .. hence the Denver offer.

The City of Buffalo is about to fall in love with TT.

What is his accuracy like? I'm so sick of passes 10 feet over our WRs heads.

The die is cast, Tyrod Taylor will be the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. This comes from Ryan's interest in him plus many teammates (on and off the Bills) like Graham and Lewis that have seen him play. They believe he isn't just a mobile quarterback, but one that has quite an elite arm. And you know what? I will be happy when he is named the starter. Tyrod is the only hope as he got years to sit behind an elite quarterback and LEARN. Something that Cassel had the ability to do, but could not show consistency when he had the chance. Tyrod hasn't gotten that chance, so it really remains to be seen how he will play at the professional level come the season. I for one have been very nervous this off season regarding the QB situation and after considering a lot of different possibilities I have finally come to the conclusion that Tyrod is the Bills best bet. He is a young guy that has quite a lot of fans from professional defensive players that say he can read a defense and throw in comparison to people suggesting he is just a runner. Manuel had his chance and blew it. Until proven otherwise throw Tyrod in there, and I think that is what they are going to do. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the big break for that team and that Taylor is the starter for many years.

Yes. No need to cross fingers.

What is his accuracy like? I'm so sick of passes 10 feet over our WRs heads.

Been posted on here before but this was his 2nd last VT game ever - against EJ and Nigel Bradham and FSU. He also had 2 receivers that got drafted into the league - Danny Coale (Dallas) and Jarret Boykin (GB).

This is how he can be with receivers on the same page.

Been posted on here before but this was his 2nd last VT game ever - against EJ and Nigel Bradham and FSU. He also had 2 receivers that got drafted into the league - Danny Coale (Dallas) and Jarret Boykin (GB).

This is how he can be with receivers on the same page.

thanks. Pretty impressive escapability. Reminds me of a more accurate Braxton Miller. Edited by YoloinOhio