Now is the time to sign Terrell Pryor - as a pass catcher

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we can sign Tebow to TE, move Hogan to CB and sign LeBron James as our QB and the off season is complete.

Finally, some common sense !!

Goodwin has been wowing the new staff...not a chance in H*** that he would beat out both Godwin and Hogan. In fact, there is no way Pryor would make this roster right now at any position IMO.

Most importantly...if he had any ability at WR, don't you think the Chiefs would have given him a shot given one of their biggest needs is WR?

Exactly ! And by the way, does anybody, realize just how dumb Mr. Pryor is ? I have a relationship with a former Raiders coach.... who is now coaching in Arizona (you figure it out) that said Pryor could not learn the playbook even with a full-time tutor. Let's please put this one to rest.

Finally, some common sense !!

Exactly ! And by the way, does anybody, realize just how dumb Mr. Pryor is ? I have a relationship with a former Raiders coach.... who is now coaching in Arizona (you figure it out) that said Pryor could not learn the playbook even with a full-time tutor. Let's please put this one to rest.

He scored a 7 on his wonderic. Thats why many teams feel he just doesnt have the IQ to play the position..

I saw him with the Raiders and he has skill. If the Bills wanted to bring him on I could only see him replacing Tuel as the 4th qb. But these coaches talk and after several failed stops I'm sure word is out on his shortcomings to a point were teams will stop calling.

Being a new system with everything the WR coach needs to teach our current WRs the last thing we need is him spending a majority of his time teaching a 4th stringer on how to play the position. We have bigger fish to fry.

No credible GM would sign him to be a WR. It's the same silly argument that Lebron could be a tight end. He couldn't and Pryor couldn't be a WR. I can't imagine a scenario where Whaley would do something so ridiculous.

he was the #1 overall recruit in the country coming out of HS at either WR or QB. There was a fierce recruiting battle and he chose a school that promised him he could play QB. They tried to get him to convert to WR as early as his sophomore year. It is his natural position. He refused, Tressel relented, it was the beginning of his downfall as the coach as he let TP run the show. He was a good but not great player in the field as a college QB. He lined up at WR in games and he practiced at WR. There were NFL scouts who came to his practices to watch him run routes and evaluate his ball skills. A guy who is now a " credible GM" told me he would make a great WR and would have taken him in the 1st rd if he would switch positions after college. TP refused to give up on playing QB. I don't know if he's finally given up, maybe not. But your comments aren't in line with actual college and NFL talent evaluators. And are uninformed.

Again no one is advocating handing him a roster spot. But teams bring in out of the box players to camp often. If he was open to showing what he can do at WR or TE in this offense I just don't see why that is ridiculous. It is his natural position.

He scored a 7 on his wonderic. Thats why many teams feel he just doesnt have the IQ to play the position..

I saw him with the Raiders and he has skill. If the Bills wanted to bring him on I could only see him replacing Tuel as the 4th qb. But these coaches talk and after several failed stops I'm sure word is out on his shortcomings to a point were teams will stop calling.

Being a new system with everything the WR coach needs to teach our current WRs the last thing we need is him spending a majority of his time teaching a 4th stringer on how to play the position. We have bigger fish to fry.

exactly. He doesn't have the mental makeup to be a NFL QB. He's not a good passer either. Im amazed the Raiders drafted him in the 3rd of the supplemental draft to be a QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

he was the #1 overall recruit in the country coming out of HS at either WR or QB. There was a fierce recruiting battle and he chose a school that promised him he could play QB. They tried to get him to convert to WR as early as his sophomore year. It is his natural position. He refused, Tressel relented, it was the beginning of his downfall as the coach as he let TP run the show. He was a good but not great player in the field as a college QB. He lined up at WR in games and he practiced at WR. There were NFL scouts who came to his practices to watch him run routes and evaluate his ball skills. A guy who is now a " credible GM" told me he would make a great WR and would have taken him in the 1st rd if he would switch positions after college. TP refused to give up on playing QB. I don't know if he's finally given up, maybe not. But your comments aren't in line with actual college and NFL talent evaluators. And are uninformed.

Again no one is advocating handing him a roster spot. But teams bring in out of the box players to camp often. If he was open to showing what he can do at WR or TE in this offense I just don't see why that is ridiculous. It is his natural position.

exactly. He doesn't have the mental makeup to be a NFL QB. He's not a good passer either. Im amazed the Raiders drafted him in the 3rd of the supplemental draft to be a QB.

I get it - but this team specifically at WR isn't in need of making a hail mary try at getting one. Three years ago, yes you may need to do this. We're just not the desperate for talent Buffalo Bills anymore.

Edited by Triple Threat

I get it - but this team specifically at WR isn't in need of making a hail mary try at getting one. Three years ago, yes you may need to do this. We're just not the desperate for talent Buffalo Bills anymore.

We don't have anyone like him. It is a position of need, as Whaley has stated. They may not be "desperate" at WR but they absolutely have a need for a big WR. It is worth a try, no risk. Nothing is invested but a cheap deal to see what he can do in camp. Same coaching as everyone else, let's see what you got.

IMO it is less about whether a team would do it, and more of a question of whether HE will.

Edited by YoloinOhio

he wouldn't take up a roster spot unless he was good enough to earn one over someone else. I'm not suggesting he make the team based on his skill set and measurables but what would be the downside of bringing into camp? He absolutely could fill a need if he worked out. Why not give it a chance?

I won't pretend to know why he would or wouldn't sign in Buffalo, though we aren't loaded at his position and we have no one like him. I don't think they are afraid of bringing in competition for a guy like Hogan. I'm just saying if he did decide to finally be open to TE or WR, the Bills should pursue him. When teams have an interest in a player they don't say "he probably won't come here. Let's not even try"

You're ignoring that depth WRs need to contribute on special teams. Has he ever done that?

You're ignoring that depth WRs need to contribute on special teams. Has he ever done that?

Not always. Bills have a lot of ST guys. In most cases I would agree that if a player is on the fringe of making the team at his position he is more likely to make the team if he can contribute on ST. But coaches and GM make that call.

3rd down? Wildcat??? Automatic????

Bengals didn't like what they saw...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/10/14/6977873/terrelle-pryor-quarterback-wide-receiver-rumors

I doesn't say they "didn't like what they saw" it said they went with Greg Little. It could have been they didn't like what they saw but it could have also been that they had a bigger need at the slot than at big pass catcher, which was certainly the case at that time when they lost Hawkins in FA but had Green, Sanu, Eifert, Gresham and Jones who all have height. It's also a totally different offense than the Bills will be running. Again, it is just an idea, I see no harm in seeing what he could possibly add.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There are a thousand guys we could bring in for a look. We can't bring in a thousand guys for a look.

There are not 1000 guys with Pryor's athletic ability, but who's nonsensical idea was it to bring in 1000 guys?

Then we can sign Tebow to TE, move Hogan to CB and sign LeBron James as our QB and the off season is complete.

Actually... not the dumbest idea ever (by the way, I realize your kidding)... close but the dumbest might be us drafting Maybin at all....

IMO maybe the dumbest move we ever made was Leif Larsen. Probably, not the worst, but Leif Larsen reference is better than you think.... He was a body builder converted into a football player... from the football power house of..... Norway. :doh:

Edited by Iraq Vet