Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say we pick Cordelle at 19, as a major 2-5 year project.

Are people going to give time to develop? Or are they going to declare him a bust after 2 years, a la EJ?

its "Cardale" lol. I wonder if they would even do that considering they just called EJ the future. He's their project. But you never know.

what do you think of Kessler

Haven't watched his 2015 cut-ups yet, but his 2014 games left me thinking he's more of a 2nd/3rd round guy. He's accurate, and seems to make good decisions with the ball. He doesn't have the big-time arm, and the boundary throws seem to arrive late. I also am not the biggest fan of his deep throws.

I'll come back and update after I've watched a few games from 2015, since as you know things can change quite a bit for a kid in his early 20's.

Edited by thebandit27

Haven't watched his 2015 cut-ups yet, but his 2014 games left me thinking he's more of a 2nd/3rd round guy. He's accurate, and seems to make good decisions with the ball. He doesn't have the big-time arm, and the boundary throws seem to arrive late. I also am not the biggest fan of his deep throws.

I'll come back and update after I've watched a few games from 2015, since as you know things can change quite a bit for a kid in his early 20's.

i just happened to hear Chris Spielman talk about him on the radio (he has done a few of his games) and he was saying how he always knows where he is going with the ball - just really smooth.

I watched 2 full games worth of throws from Jared Goff, and I really like what I see.

To me, right now, he looks like the top QB prospect for 2016.

I need to watch some 2015 Goff, I guess.

At the end of 2014, I had him as a late first rounder/early 2nd.

I don't like Kessler. Mostly because I hate USC. :thumbdown: That's a good-enough scouting report in my book. :D

It seems like there are some guys with upside, but that need time to develop (Cardale Jones, C.Hackenburg). They might be second day picks if they come out.

Then there are guys that are good, but don't have elite traits (Goff, C.Cook, Doughty, Kessler). There are some other guys who could get looks (D.Prescott, K.Hogan, G.Kiel, Golson) but need productive seasons to be in the talk.

It's likely one or more of these guys will be taken in round 1 but just not sure if they are really worth that pick.

I watched 2 full games worth of throws from Jared Goff, and I really like what I see.

To me, right now, he looks like the top QB prospect for 2016.

I have been touting Connor Cook as an excellent prospect. After watching Goff play I consider him to be the most dynamic passer coming out this year. It's still early in the evaluation process but I was very impressed with Goff. His throwing motion is so natural and his throws are a beauty to behold.

Connor Cook, in my estimation, is not as dynamic as Goff from a passing standpoint but he plays with a lot of maturity and seems to be very pro ready.

The best player I have seen so far in this draft class is Mississippi's Nkemdiche. When he is on the field he is like the Michael Jordan of football in that your eyes go directly to him when watching the games. He is stunningly good!