2015 NFL Draft round 2 pick discussion

Relax.

Kiper gave the Seahawks a D at first in the draft that produced Sherman and Maxwell.

And he gave the Lions an A- for Nick Fairley, Titus Young and Mikel Leshoure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1022395-mel-kiper-adjusts-seattle-seahawks-2011-draft-grade-from-d-to-b

Kiper is a first class jackass when it comes to anything beyond knowing how big a kid is, the school he went to and his 40 time. If teams respected his opinion, someone would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he wouldn't have a 30 year career at ESPN.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people seriously have nothing better to defend this pick on beyond "they are pros, they clearly know more than you?"

After 15 years of no playoffs, I can't accept that line of thinking. We continually invest in DBs and continue to watch them walk, meanwhile we continue to get our butts kicked on the line. The Oline market got screwed up by Scherff and Collins, I get it, but you take the picks that were offered and move back. Other teams continue to take Olinemen, even if the value apparently isn't there. We operate like a team that's got Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady at QB when we've got Matt Cassel and a line that's going to get their lunch handed to them.

Well said.

The Bills still have only 3 OT on the team... I said it before the draft, OL needs to be a priority from a numbers perspective.

Kiper is a first class jackass when it comes to anything beyond knowing how big a kid is, the school he went to and his 40 time. If teams respected his opinion, someone would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he wouldn't have a 30 year career at ESPN.

Not many people in the NFL have a 30 year career. Looks like he's doing just fine.

But either way, I think O-line somewhere along the line will certainly be addressed. Would've loved to see them address one of the trenches but we gotta trust them to do their jobs.

We still have a few picks left and there's also Justin Blalock or Rob Sims as UFAs out there. Have we forgotten how Preston Brown stepped in as a 3rd round rookie already?

Could be Gilmore insurance. I know we locked up that 5th year option......just wondering. He's gotta stay on the field if he wants to get paid.

i would say its more likely they want to pay gilmore, and want to get rid of McKelvin or grahams salary next year considering they are older Edited by YoloinOhio

Not many people in the NFL have a 30 year career. Looks like he's doing just fine.

Espn has coasted off name brand recognition, live sports contracts and clickbait headlines for nearly a decade. What is Kiper's track record, especially when he produces a big board before he gets a chance to update based upon team scouts? He put Jimmy Clausen at #1 overall for several months.

yep, whaley likes to give them a year to redshirt

That's good because I was a REAL big fan of the Cockrell pick last year...I really like that kid and I'm excited to see him this year in Rex's D...That's partially why I was surprised by the Darby pick...No one remembers Cockrell...The depth at CB is looking awfully good right now...