Leonard Williams and the Jets' D.L.

(I thought this merited its own thread.) I'm not sure why he fell to 6, but Leonard Williams is a man-child and if the draft analysts are right about him, he will be dominant in the NFL. Put him next to Wilkerson and Richardson that line is scarier than the Dolphins' DL and right there with Williams/Williams/Dareus/Hughes.

All in all, I thought the first round was a disaster for the Bills in terms of the players that our divisional opponents landed.

(I thought this merited its own thread.) I'm not sure why he fell to 6, but Leonard Williams is a man-child and if the draft analysts are right about him, he will be dominant in the NFL. Put him next to Wilkerson and Richardson that line is scarier than the Dolphins' DL and right there with Williams/Williams/Dareus/Hughes.

All in all, I thought the first round was a disaster for the Bills in terms of the players that our divisional opponents landed.

I like Leonard Williams a lot. He's the best player in this draft in my view, and it's not close. Him being a Jet will suck for the Bills for the next four years -- but I suspect (as others have mentioned) the Jets will trade one of their DL sooner rather than later now. The Dolphin's and *pats' pick worry me far less than Williams to the Jets.

I think the Jets are still lacking an elite pass rusher. Now, if they take Randy Gregory today I will be genuinely scared, but will they start the draft with DL, OLB? I don't know.

I agree though, it seems every other team in the East got a solid player at a position of need last night.

All 3 teams got really good players that will step in and start and make an impact. I don't know how the Pats do it when they are always picking around 30 but I think Malcolm Brown was the steal of the draft so far. We were happy when they lost Wolfork but now they have a young guy that's probably going to be just as good (as Wolfork now not in his prime)

Edited by kdiggz

I think the Jets are still lacking an elite pass rusher. Now, if they take Randy Gregory today I will be genuinely scared, but will they start the draft with DL, OLB? I don't know.

I agree though, it seems every other team in the East got a solid player at a position of need last night.

But the Dolphins and *pats were replacing players they lost with their first round picks -- I think replacing veterans with rookies (especially someone like Vince W) is always a step backwards.

But the Dolphins and *pats were replacing players they lost with their first round picks -- I think replacing veterans with rookies (especially someone like Vince W) is always a step backwards.

I didn't say they upgraded, just that they got seemingly solid players at positions of need. The more needs the phins and pats* still have by week 1 the happier I am

No doubt the Jest added the best player in a weak class and they will continue to be a force, especially in the front seven. But they were already a great defense to begin with. I am not in any way suggesting they shouldn't have added a great player there, just that I don't know to what extent they've helped themselves. Also, when I look at their big 3 on the DL now, they all look like the same player.

Anyway, I can't be unhappy about another player looking to plant Brady on his vajayjay twice a year.

GO BILLS!!!

Anything that creates more of an opportunity for the Pats* to lose games within the division is a bonus. I'd rather the Bills scratch and claw their way to an "ugly" division title than be a clear 2nd.

My biggest problem is that the Redskins passed him up. I think the whole round would've went differently had they not. I can't believe the Saints, Browns, and Vikings all passed up picking Parker too.

Couldn't believe that either. Crazy!

Do you what disaster means? You may be overreacting a bit.

Anything that creates more of an opportunity for the Pats* to lose games within the division is a bonus. I'd rather the Bills scratch and claw their way to an "ugly" division title than be a clear 2nd.

I like this guy...

Jets' Leonard Williams: I hope Tom Brady is my first sack http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489485/article/jets-leonard-williams-i-hope-brady-is-my-first-sack?campaign=Twitter_atn