Will you watch the 1st round of the NFL Draft?

eball

With the Bills not having a pick in the first round, my interest level in the draft as a whole has dropped considerably this year. I don't think I'll do anything other than check my phone to see some of the picks in the 1st round Thursday night. I'm curious to see how other Bills fans feel.

I'll switch back and forth but it won't be my main focus. IT's like a menaingless Bills late season game means more to me than the SB but I'll watch. I just don't really care.

This is a very blah draft minus the 2 Qbs. Also, and maybe I'm getting cynical at my old age, the overreaction to draft picks gets silly to me. I'm kind of sick about hearing about reaches and value. No one has any idea.

It won't happen but I'd love to see Winston fall like a rock in the draft.

I think your correct on Winston but Marcus Mariota I think is going to drop out of the top 10 unless someone trades up specifically to grab him. Even then I don't think a trade up scenario happens until picks 11-15.

BigPappy

I just cant stand how much of a production they make it now. I loved the draft back in the day when it started early saturday and went through rounds 3. Wake up and make breakfast and just soak up all the football glory. Now all the league cares about is hyping the first round and scheduling it so they get maximum TV ratings. Half of these guys dont pan out and the hype around it is sickening.

Next time you make fun of your wife for really getting into Dancing with the Stars or which celebrity of forking another....really stop and think how ridiculous it is that as a grown man you are willing to spend several days on end watching young men get drafted to play a sport.

Will I watch it? Yes. Has it lost its touch and become a production? Yes.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Yes, it's still exciting to watch. Trades will happen and although I don't think they will, the Bills could trade up into the 1st.

of course. Christmas for 32 teams is a 3 day event that I look forward to. See who the enemy acquires, etc. Just can't take a whole lot of Boomer or Eisen but the mute still works

I just cant stand how much of a production they make it now. I loved the draft back in the day when it started early saturday and went through rounds 3. Wake up and make breakfast and just soak up all the football glory. Now all the league cares about is hyping the first round and scheduling it so they get maximum TV ratings. Half of these guys dont pan out and the hype around it is sickening.

Next time you make fun of your wife for really getting into Dancing with the Stars or which celebrity of forking another....really stop and think how ridiculous it is that as a grown man you are willing to spend several days on end watching young men get drafted to play a sport.

Will I watch it? Yes. Has it lost its touch and become a production? Yes.

Agree. For meat and potato guys it really has gone overboard... catering to the novice fan. Understand --> $$$. But I liked it when it was on Tuesday back in the 80's. 5 AM back here on the WEST Coast. Couldn't sleep at all before the 87 draft. We ended up getting Shane Conlan. I enjoy the combine as well and can listen to Mayock (Meat and Potatoes) but don't need to hear Eisen (Jello). Too much fluff. If you are demented enough to watch and record the combine, like me, you don't want to hear jokes about "Football on a stick" and "When are Johnny, Manti, Jameis or Michael Sam speaking to the media ?" Just not my cup of tea

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY